Quick thinking girl, 12, outwits abduction attempt on way to school

webfact

6 hours ago, dcnx said:

You should read Chinese media. The number of Chinese tourist getting ripped off and attacked here is unbelievable. There was even a story a few days ago about a male tourist drugged and raped in Chiang Mai. Not a peep about any of it in English. 

I can't imagine the crap that goes on on a local level where it all gets swept under the rug, to protect the image of the country, of course.

Losing face is not an option in Thailand...

7 hours ago, Moti24 said:

The pervs seem to be crawling out of the woodwork all over the place lately.  Is there any way that I can be elected as a judge?  I'd just issue the death sentence on all of these scumbags; they have no place in any society.

Sounds like you've just screwed up your chance at becoming a judge.

6 hours ago, dcnx said:

You should read Chinese media. The number of Chinese tourist getting ripped off and attacked here is unbelievable. There was even a story a few days ago about a male tourist drugged and raped in Chiang Mai. Not a peep about any of it in English. 

I can't imagine the crap that goes on on a local level where it all gets swept under the rug, to protect the image of the country, of course.

Sometimes things that are unbelievable aren't true.

15 hours ago, Jessi said:

There seems to be a lot of this going on in Thailand but we dont hear about it.

If you don't hear about it how do you know there's "a lot of this going on"?

Been going on forever here in S.E. Asia especially, life is cheap.

As long as no one is arrested,  tried in a real court, and receives a long, long sentence in jail it will continue.

Why would they stop?  to much money to be made.

On 5/29/2017 at 9:03 AM, Jessi said:

There seems to be a lot of this going on in Thailand but we dont hear about it.

Well Jesse---- if there's a lot of this going on and we don't hear about it,how do we know it's going on ???????

13 hours ago, ableguy said:

I and my gf of seven years look after her sisters daughter for the past six years, simply because I can afford to send her to a private school. I first met this kid  on her fifth birthday, really learned to love her  and want her to achieve her dream of becoming a teacher, watched her grow up and the kid is a major part of our life.

some scum bag like this I would not hesitate to kill. Happy this kid was smart enough to avoid a dreadful fate..

You have a 7 yr old girlfriend ???---- sorry ,couldn't resist it !!!!!!!!!!  Anyway good on ya for looking after  your Step-daughter.Sounds like you are doing a great job

Edited by biplanebluey
extra text

On 5/29/2017 at 2:11 PM, dotpoom said:

It seems to come as a great surprise to many on here (judgeing by the usual cletra of name calling) that attempted child abduction is a peril that exists all over .....in today's world.

Where on earth have you been all your lives?

Whatever event you can possibly think of probably happens all over the world but does that mean that nobody can make comments on an incident that happened in Thailand.

Perhaps people in the UK should not have commented at all on the Manchester bombing, for example     ...because incidents like that happen all over the world.  Nobody suggested that such incidents occur only in Manchester and nobody suggested that the apparent kidnapping attempt would occur only in Thailand.