using foreign marriage certificate at savanakett

Hi there,

Just a quick one in case there may be issues.

Can I use my original marriage certificate from the UK for non imm multi o at savannaket.

Never had any problems at vientienne in the past but got a few strange looks.

It's a long old style certificate from 16 odd years ago (pain in the arse to photocopy too)

It was also fine at the London consulate last year

I would have thought it would be fine but don't fancy the journey all the way up there to be told 'no can do'

Thanks

Yes.  I did this a few months ago with a long form marriage certificate.

But be aware that the copies must be original size and on one sheet of paper only.

I went there with the marriage cert copied onto two A4 sheets (half on each sheet).  My thinking being that I had the original certificate with me so they could easily see that the copy was true.

They would not accept that and it took quite a bit of running around in Savannakhet to get copies in their required form.

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:37 AM, In the jungle said:

Yes.  I did this a few months ago with a long form marriage certificate.

But be aware that the copies must be original size and on one sheet of paper only.

I went there with the marriage cert copied onto two A4 sheets (half on each sheet).  My thinking being that I had the original certificate with me so they could easily see that the copy was true.

They would not accept that and it took quite a bit of running around in Savannakhet to get copies in their required form.

cheers in the jungle, you may have saved me some time there as I've always done it in parts as use home printer. will take to copy shop in bkk first ; )