After Merkel rebuke, UK PM May says wants strong partnership with EU

webfact

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I read the leaving fee could be as much as 70Billion pounds. The National debt annual bill (paid by law by the UK taxpayers) to the people that run the BkofEng and the Euro banks is 56Billion a year (although 6/7Billion of this finds its way back to the UK Treasury) Brexit gives the UK a chance to go its own way in the world. It will not be easy and Gordon Brown didn't help selling off the UK gold.

To get away from the banskers the UK would need a new currency to run - for at least a while - alongside the GBP. I don't think the UK has the gold reserves to back it with but perhaps silver!!

Getting info on what the UK has and has not got is difficult and shrouded in mist and secrecy.

As for the EU; it's doomed to failure. Because a couple of election results have suited the banskers the end game is not yet in sight.

As you know Grouse; absinthe is a favourite tipple of mine along with the single malt (both available in Laos).

Time for a cup of tea with a bicky I think. To early for the more serious stuff. Probably have to write a couple of posts yet.

In effect the world's major currencies haven't been backed by gold since sometime after the Great Depression. And we can see how indispensable the yellow metal was to the world's economy which has dramatically shrunk since that time.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic