Snacky Pachyderms: “Hangry” elephants go wild for pineapple cargo in Hua Hin

webfact

Snacky Pachyderms: “Hangry” elephants go wild for pineapple cargo in Hua Hin

By Coconuts Bangkok 

hh.jpg

Photo: Sornkhwan Uthaitham

HUA HIN: -- Sornkhwan Uthaitham, a resident of Ban Pa Lau village, shared photographs of a wild elephant enjoying pineapples from a truck on Hua Hin’s Highway 5062.

Sornkhwan tells Bangkok Post that the “big wild elephant” used its leg to stop the moving truck, and with its trunk, reached for the fruit in the truck’s bed.

These snacky elephants have also crossed paths with local pineapple dealers, such as Suwan Kaeopoltrang and his wife, Suthida Jitjampee. Twice, the couple encountered wild elephants while on their way to a factory in Kui Buri.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/snacky-pachyderms-hangry-elephants-go-wild-pineapple-cargo-prachuap/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-06-01

Not sure what to think, are the elephants smarter than the farmers

or the farmers are just too stupid to figure out that there're

wild beast waiting for them to pass and that they should

take another rout to save their produces.... 

Why aren't the Elephant Foundation people taking care of the problem.

I donate to their cause, helping Elephants, what are they doing to solve the problem. They won't react until one of the Elephants or People get killed or injured. No profit or sympathy until that happens.

2 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

I donate to their cause, helping Elephants, what are they doing to solve the problem. They won't react until one of the Elephants or People get killed or injured. No profit or sympathy until that happens.

they've run out of bananas :shock1:

Edited by steven100

13 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

So do you know for a fact that no one is doing anything to solve this issue?

Two years ago i saw a pickup with workers from a pinapple factory return home to Pala-u,

they stopped on the road and fed pine apples to a waiting elephant.

They fed it by hand!!

On 5/31/2017 at 8:59 PM, ksamuiguy said:

There is just so much  they can do if people will not listen.  The road passes through the elephants feeding area and habitat.  As mentioned upstream, the farmers should consier an alternative route. The cargo is not covered. That's part of the problem. They need to cover the produce with a tarp.

However, the big issue is this;

21 hours ago, jvs said:

Two years ago i saw a pickup with workers from a pinapple factory return home to Pala-u,

they stopped on the road and fed pine apples to a waiting elephant.

They fed it by hand!!

It's like the idiots who feed pigeons in the park or throw food at the monkeys and then wonder why there is a problem with them.