Something to keep me awake?

jacketh

Been in Bamgkok for about a week now and my sleeping pattern is still so messed up. Sleeping throughout the day etc. 

Is is there anything in a pharmacy over here that could keep me awake for 24hr or something without making me feel like a zombie? 

Thanks

Which timezone did you arrive from? Sounds like US east coast?

Normally people would use melatonin to fight jetlag.

It should help to get sleep at normal times.

But I don't know how easy it is to get here.

9 hours ago, jacketh said:

Anyone know where best to look for a Melatonin? Will Boots etc have it?

Your profile says you are 20 yrs old, at that age you should be able to deal with anything

I suggest you just get lots of exercise and your normal routine should return

If it does not at your age maybe there is something deeper and you need to consult with a doctor

Good Luck

PS do not start the route to hypochondria 

• 1 month later...

I wonder what time zone the OP is traveling from?  Coming to Thailand from the US west coast, I have no problems adjusting, in large part due to my choice of flight: I leave at midnight or 1 am CA time, and arrive in Taipei around 4 am.  I trick myself into thinking that only one night has passed, which is greatly helped by the fact that I get on the plane in the middle of the night and get off in the morning.  In reality, I manage to sleep about 5-6 hours on the 13-14 hour flight.  Then, I usually arrive in Bangkok around 11 am.  That's the only hard part: to stay awake from then until about 8 or 9 pm.  If I can do that, I'm perfectly adjusted to the Thai time zone the next day. And I'm in my late 50s.

Coming back is another story (they say traveling east is always harder as far as jet lag--perhaps the OP is traveling from Europe or the UK via the Middle East to get to Thailand?).  It takes me a good two weeks to readjust to west coast US time (after a good five weeks in Thailand).  I do it the hard way, no drugs (beyond my regular modest daily amount of coffee)--but I go through lots of sleepless nights and sleep-filled days in the process.