Build a Car Port

MarcIssan

I need a garage 9m x 8m with a flat lightly pitched roof.  Roof likely from one of the polycarbonate products available here.  I'll likely hire it out but so I don't get stuck with a garage built from too small and too weak steel, what do you recommend.  I'll use 3 concrete or block supports on each side down the 9m run and hopefully I can span the 8m width without a center support.

Any comments from anyone with knowledge in this area are welcome

Garage 3D.jpg

Garage plan.jpg

5 hours ago, MarcIssan said:

How did you handle the upright poles.?  Plumb the poles and pour the concrete or pour a footing then place the pole on that and fill the hole around it?  Or something else?

Those are plumbed and concreted on a thin bed in the bottom of the hole, the later structures we've done have footings poured then the verticals (with plates on the end) are bolted to them, easier to change.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are plumbed and concreted on a thin bed in the bottom of the hole, the later structures we've done have footings poured then the verticals (with plates on the end) are bolted to them, easier to change.

Yes I guess rust is a long term problem here. So what are the dimensions of your footings? And what about a super thick slab the bolt supports to that? And for bolting, did you drill and place anchors after the concert dried or did you sink anchors during the pour. Details of how you did this and specs of anchors please.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived