Uk to Thailand visa - no return

Hello! 

I am having a bit of a freak out and i need your visa knowledge skills to tell me what i should do.

Here was my plan:

1. fly to Bangkok 
  2. stay on the tourist visa for 28 days
  3. go to the embassy and extend for another 30 days
  4. fly out on the 58th day to Laos or somewhere for a few days 
  5. buy a 60-day visa out there and come back to Bangkok then travel to Chiang Mai

So, will that work? 

My big concern is getting in as I have a single from London > Copenhagen and then to Bangkok with Norwegian airways

I have read that people have barely ever been asked about having a return or onward ticket. or if they have they have said they intend to use land borders and have been let through.

so what should I do, buy a single flight to Laos to just cover my bases? (and then not use it)

Any help for my confused worried mind would be great! 

Thanks!

Hello! 

I am having a bit of a freak out and i need your visa knowledge skills to tell me what i should do.

Here was my plan:

1. fly to Bangkok 
  2. stay on the tourist visa for 28 days
  3. go to the embassy and extend for another 30 days
  4. fly out on the 58th day to Laos or somewhere for a few days 
  5. buy a 60-day visa out there and come back to Bangkok then travel to Chiang Mai

So, will that work? 

My big concern is getting in as I have a single from London > Copenhagen and then to Bangkok with Norwegian airways

I have read that people have barely ever been asked about having a return or onward ticket. or if they have they have said they intend to use land borders and have been let through.

so what should I do, buy a single flight to Laos to just cover my bases? (and then not use it)

Any help for my confused worried mind would be great! 

Thanks!

SETV's include 60days not 30.
If you apply for one before you set off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be better to get a tourist visa before travelling then you don't need to worry about onward flights. It would give you 60 days which can be extended by 30 days at immigration (not an embassy). 

If you want to stick to your plan and make a visa exempt (no visa) entry then it is possible the airline might want to see an onward flight. A flight to anywhere should be accepted so you can book the cheapest you can find.

19 minutes ago, taylorjames123 said:

im leaving in literally 10 hours so no time to get a visa from the UK now.

ok so best bet is to buy a cheap single flight out to a neighboring country?

Research right now which flight to book if you need it. Ensure you know exactly how to complete the booking quickly online if you need to.

Go to the airport early. If asked at check in about a visa, explain that you are going to be entering visa exempt and are confident immigration will accept your plan for overland onward travel. If the airline supervisor refuses to accept this and check you in, book the cheap flight from the airport, and then check in.

[Depending on where you live, you probably could have got a tourist visa while you wait at an honorary Thai consulate which avoids a lot of last minute stress. As you say, you have waited until the consulates are closed, so will need to go the visa exempt route.]

• Like 1

It Is possible to do it your way.

However, I as was pointed out by another poster.it would have been wiser and easier to get a 60 day tourist visa (SETV) before you booked a ticket to Thailand.

That would have given you a visa when you entered Thailand originally and a 60 day stay on arrival which could have been extended for 30 days at immigration for a 1900 Baht fee.

Secondly, as you are intending to travel on a one way ticket to Thailand, you MAY be told by the airline that you can not board your flight to Thailand without a confirmed out-of country ticket.

This is not certain, but it has happened to other travelers before.

And thirdly, you need to consider the cost of a Lao visa required for you to enter Laos from Thailand.

And then fourthly, it is possible that the Thai consulate in Laos will insist on seeing a confirmed out-of Thailand ticket BEFORE they issue you a 60 day SETV to re-enter Thailand.

As. I said, what you want to do is possible, but there are other things involved you may have not  considered.

I know, I have had single entry tourist visas from both of the Thai consulates in Laos in the past 3 years. So I know firsthand the requirements and how they can change often without notice..

Good luck, however, and I hope it all works out for you.