They will put you in jail or detention center and deduct 200 baht a day until the fine amount comes to zero. And detain you further till you get a ticket home.

Ok thanks, thats what I'll do then, do the time until it's paid off

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Surley your wasting money you say you have bought a ticket home. That would be wasted or cost you more to change the dates? Surley family or a friend can help. If your determined to to go to airport regardless. All i can offer in the way of advise is to grovel explain tearfully if possible that you have a ticket home but thats taken every bit of your money. And hope you get a sympathetic IO. Good luck

Not wishing to coin a phrase but "Ronnie, you're such a plonker".

You likely would have been ok on a border hop and it would have been a lot cheaper than the fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GuiseppeD said:

OP - how do you plan to pay for the flight ticket to secure your release after three months of incarceration then?

The OP has successfully avoided my earlier question so I've no doubt he's trolling, and let's face it, only a maniac would want to serve three months in IDC to avoid a THB 20k fine and he'd still be faced with a one-way ticket fare home to falang land.  Next.

Edited by GuiseppeD

2 hours ago, ronnieadurante said:

Will my girlfriend be able to visit me during the day, because she works at night?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Yes, your GF will be able to visit and bring you food. No sex though! What country are you from?

4 hours ago, saakura said:

When they finally let you go, you will be banned from coming back here for 5 years

What if he just goes to immigration and surrenders, he might be able to just leave or not? 
The ban is only if he is caught overstaying, not when he voluntarely surrenders to immigration.