Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Set Top Box Incompatiblity

johnnort

Hi Guys! I have a Set Top Box MXQ-4K bought from either Lazada or Aliexpress and been viewing the UK TV Players satisfactorily; until recently that is. BBC Iplayer is the only one that will now play. All others state that there is a compatibility issue with the device. It does allow for the adverts to be shown but closes once the actual program tries to start. I have uninstalled and re-installed. cleaned the caches etc.. The VPN used is ExpatShield Elite, and yes it is connected, showing Elite membership and using UK IP. (For the few. Please do not comment on that last piece; there is a space between UK and IP). Any ideas? I do use other websites for program required access, but that is not the issue, I need the UK Players. These same Players run perfectly well on my laptop using Expat Shield but do not want to run an HDMI cable to TV.

On a different note; each day I attempt to fire up TETV to see if it is up and running. Would I be correct in assuming that I can now delete this from my computer?       

Archived