Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE sever ties to Qatar over 'terrorism'

webfact

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

Weren't the majority of the 9/11- hijackers from and funded by Saudi Arabia?

where's the evidence for "funded"? source: National Enquirer? did Bill O'Reilly say so?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear, will this temporarily halt the building of the stadia for the world cup in football?

Kind of looking forward to see the players handle 40+ C., or if they will have a winter break of 6+ weeks for the various national leagues.

:laugh:

30 minutes ago, Travel2003 said:

Oh dear, will this temporarily halt the building of the stadia for the world cup in football?

Kind of looking forward to see the players handle 40+ C., or if they will have a winter break of 6+ weeks for the various national leagues.

Approximately 500 jet nozzles will blast out cold air, keeping temperatures at around 23 degrees Celsius (73 degrees Fahrenheit), for fans.

Chilled water is piped to the stadium from a cooling centre about one kilometre from the stadium, then once it arrives,cold air is pushed into the stadium.

It will likely settle down, some local suppliers of basic raw construction materials stockpile for months since its already a bottleneck, others are airfreighted directly from Countries not involved in the conflict.

The World cup is scheduled for November which is like a European summer, perfect soccer climate. The Khalifa stadium was just completed and opened last week, its amazing how fast things go up in Qatar.

The Kuwaiti Emir was in Saudi today to try and calm the dispute, the Qatari Emir due to address the public on the matter following the outcome of that meeting.

The Saudis have to be convinced to lift the land border closure for trade as this is the dealbreaker, UAE lose a lot of business also, massive. As for the supply chain, China, India and Turkey are heavily invested in major infrastructure projects and are also key material sources.

Where there is a demand there will be a supply somehow.

Now throw in Kuwait as the mediator/honest broker and it looks more bizarre by the minute.

It's not like these places haven't always been bizarre to to the West anyway.

Look at the existing political situation in Qatar, disputed recognition as being constitutional or an absolute monarchy. It's also the only Country in the world where 3 ruling Emirs have been alive at the same time each was in power.

1 hour ago, coulson said:
2 hours ago, Travel2003 said:

It will likely settle down, some local suppliers of basic raw construction materials stockpile for months since its already a bottleneck, others are airfreighted directly from Countries not involved in the conflict.

the stadium is finished. google is your friend.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&as_q=qatar+worldcup+stadium+airconditioned&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

4 minutes ago, Naam said:

i don't need lectures pertaining to Saudi Arabia where my wife and me have lived for years, visit the country nearly every year and have dear friends over there.

Well, if you think Saudi Arabia doesn't bear a huge responsibility for spreading its vicious and intolerant version of Islam worldwide, then maybe you do.

Edited by ilostmypassword

8 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well, if you think Saudi Arabia doesn't bear a huge responsibility for spreading its vicious and intolerant version of Islam worldwide, then maybe you do.

surely not lectures from the Algerian notorious islamophobe journalist/fiction writer Kamal Daoud. i don't deny that Wahhabism is spread with Saudi money. but it's a matter of individual perspective whether this version is vicious. there is no doubt of course that it is intolerant. Christianity was vicious and intolerant for nearly 2000 years and still is in certain areas. but it's none of my business to judge other people's faiths.

Edited by Naam

49 minutes ago, Naam said:

surely not lectures from the Algerian notorious islamophobe journalist/fiction writer Kamal Daoud. i don't deny that Wahhabism is spread with Saudi money. but it's a matter of individual perspective whether this version is vicious. there is no doubt of course that it is intolerant. Christianity was vicious and intolerant for nearly 2000 years and still is in certain areas. but it's none of my business to judge other people's faiths.

Well Islam was not vicious and intolerant for much of its history. It just became that way because of Wahhabism.

I thought thats what I said? I lived opposite it for a year, not a bad job either.

It's the roads, towers, hotels, metro and other 5 stadiums all on the go that face difficulty.