Opening A Bank Account At Kasikorn

Hello all,

I tried to open a bank account at Kasikorn Pattaya, and was told I needed a special form from immigration.  They could not tell me what it was nor had the form there.  They showed me another client's version of the form (love the security here) but I did not recognize it.  They mentioned it was something about saying that I live here.

I do not think it was the Certificate of Residence.  The form did have the person's picture pasted on it and a bunch of other thai words on it.

Anyone know what they want and why?  Should I try a different branch?

They did not seem to care about my visa or condo ownership papers. 

Thank you.

For those interested:

I checked another branch, and they were able to articulate the form.  It is indeed the Certificate of Residence, from Immigration, that they desire.  This differs slightly from Bangkok Bank which wants one from your Embassy with certified copies of your passport.

On a separate note, it seems interesting that now Kasikorn is the only bank in Thailand that will issue VISA Debit Cards that can be used for online shopping.

1 hour ago, JayBird said:
For those interested:

I checked another branch, and they were able to articulate the form.  It is indeed the Certificate of Residence, from Immigration, that they desire.  This differs slightly from Bangkok Bank which wants one from your Embassy with certified copies of your passport.

On a separate note, it seems interesting that now Kasikorn is the only bank in Thailand that will issue VISA Debit Cards that can be used for online shopping.

Pleased for you.
So no work permit required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by KhunBENQ
Fixed quote vs. new text

1 hour ago, Maverickthai said:

Pleased for you.

For me it's not an improvement but a tightening:

even Kasikorn Pattaya now requires a proper res.cert. from immigration?

That was much more relaxed until some 4 years ago. A hotel business card was enough.

I have savings accounts at three banks, never had a WP. It's NOT a requirement for savings accounts although some uninformed or uninterested clerks will tell you.

To the OP : would you reveal which branches you visited?

The one in Royal Garden was always very relaxed.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:33 AM, Maverickthai said:

Pleased for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, no work permit has been required (although it was asked if I had one).  They seem to be happy with a visa.

Previous experience suggests any visa with duration more than 30 days is sufficient (SETV, METV). 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:58 AM, KhunBENQ said:

For me it's not an improvement but a tightening:

even Kasikorn Pattaya now requires a proper res.cert. from immigration?

That was much more relaxed until some 4 years ago. A hotel business card was enough.

I have savings accounts at three banks, never had a WP. It's NOT a requirement for savings accounts although some uninformed or uninterested clerks will tell you.

To the OP : would you reveal which branches you visited?

The one in Royal Garden was always very relaxed.

I did not try that one, only a couple random ones and the one in Central Festival Pattaya.  I was mainly fact checking and information gathering.

I've decided at this time to proceed with UOB as I like a few of their options (especially the unlimited free withdrawals from any 'PLUS' ATM in Thailand/Singapore/Malaysia which I frequent).

UOB didn't want Work Permit *OR* Certificate of Residence.  Just passport and Condo Ownership papers were enough (and 50k cash).