Trump renews criticism of London Mayor Khan over attack

webfact

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NCFC said:

Londoners are not alarmed by an increased police prescence. They are alarmed that ISIS terrorists are able to live among them.

Really? Because they're not acting like they're alarmed. Mind-reader much? Or maybe you should stick to speaking for yourself.

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Really? Because they're not acting like they're alarmed. Mind-reader much? Or maybe you should stick to speaking for yourself.

You may have lost your password , but have you lost your mind too ?

Do you really think that Londoners would not be alarmed at  the prospect of terrorists living among them. Do you really think a poll is necessary to answer  this question ? 

Edited by roderick17

Just now, roderick17 said:

You may have lost your password , but have you lost your mind too.

Do you really think that Londoners would not be alarmed at terrorists living among them. Do you really think a poll is necessary to answer  this question ? 

No need for a poll. Just look at their behavior. Any evidence that they're staying locked indoors?

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

No need for a poll. Just look at their behavior. Any evidence that they're staying locked indoors?

No. Just like most sensible people I can look at the odds and see that the danger of being a victim of a terrorist attack is vanishinggly small.  But keep on helping the terrorists by making their terrorist actions seem far more threatening than they actually bare.

You may have lost your password , but have you lost your mind too ?

Do you really think that Londoners would not be alarmed at  the prospect of terrorists living among them. Do you really think a poll is necessary to answer  this question ? 

Why do you impose your own fears upon people you do not know? I suspect Londoners are concerned. Alarmed? I doubt it. Your posts seem to be an attempt at spreading fear. I could choose to live in fear of numerous things that could kill me, traffic, aircraft crash, etc. I personally choose to get on with my life.

It is far past the time to discuss what to do when one's president is not mentally fit to do the job. His tweets since the weekend sound like the come from someone who is completely unhinged and not from the leader of a first world nation...

Two years ago, I said Trump was mentally unstable and unfit to be a contender for the presidency. Since that time, he has done nothing whatsoever to change my view, and just about everything he has said and done has reinforced my opinion. I have thought long and hard to think of a countries leader that is such a disgrace, and singularly failed to come up with even one. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran was the closest I could come, but he was just an idiot. Trump is deranged and an idiot.

America, you have done the world a grave disservice by electing this lunatic to power. I only hope we live through it.

President Trump was right to call Khan out. There was no mistake in his view of the context of his speech. Anytime Muslims use vans to run people over, then proceed to go on a stabbing rampage... The public has an ABSOLUTE need to be alarmed. 

1 minute ago, stander said:

President Trump was right to call Khan out. There was no mistake in his view of the context of his speech. Anytime Muslims use vans to run people over, then proceed to go on a stabbing rampage... The public has an ABSOLUTE need to be alarmed. 

Yes, generating panic in the streets is always a good idea. Fortunately, most Londoners, like most of the people in the world, have a pretty good idea of the worth of Donald Trump's observations.

2 minutes ago, stander said:

President Trump was right to call Khan out. There was no mistake in his view of the context of his speech.

No mistake. Just deliberate misrepresentation. 

3 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Gee if you have a major that is from a culture where violence and murder in mass is part of life sure he will say get used to it my people have lived with it for generations now you guys will get used to it because I have the power to see it through.

he is a British citizen and his culture is British, you are speaking a load of rubbish, perhaps if you were talking about an American mayor with Americas gun culture their would be some truth in it 

Islamic extremists with their beliefs, barbaric religious and cultural practices, hate all non-Muslims. They seek world domination, conversion, enslavement or death for unbelievers, it is fully rational to be alarmed about this.

1 minute ago, stander said:

Islamic extremists with their beliefs, barbaric religious and cultural practices, hate all non-Muslims. They seek world domination, conversion, enslavement or death for unbelievers, it is fully rational to be alarmed about this.

Because of their huge and unstoppable armed forces and the fact that the Muslim world is solidly united behind them?

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-out-of-control/2017/06/05/9665c9a4-4a21-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html

Did they vote him in ?. Shear desperation to get rid of the last Clown , and Donald seemed best of a bad lot.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

but turned out to be the worst of a bad lot

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Every time this buffoon opens his mouth, my revulsion for him grows stronger. He made a series of awful tweets yesterday and rather than acknowledge an error, compounds it by unleashing a further bout of stupidity again. If he is ever stupid enough to visit Britain I can see the reception will be extremely hostile. British people do not like stupid, foul mouthed retarded idiots, especially ones that can talk such rubbish, when people are dead.

The British Government ( ALL Sides), are FULL of Stupid, Foul Mouthed, Retarded Idiots.

41 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes, generating panic in the streets is always a good idea. Fortunately, most Londoners, like most of the people in the world, have a pretty good idea of the worth of Donald Trump's observations.

The Muslim Extremists generate panic.

He was ‘legal consultant’ to  Zacarias Moussaoui – 9/11 Bomber Moussaoui pleaded guilty to conspiracy to murder
Khan also represented hate preacher Louis Farrakhan Farrakhan was banned from UK for calling Judaism ‘gutter religion’ Khan shared a platform with terrorist Yasser al-Siri
Al-Sirri called for American soldiers’ corpses to be ‘dragged in the streets’

He doesn't seem to be in the business of fighting parking tickets, advising in divorce settlements or acting for people buying their first apartments which is the kind of legal work that 99% of legal professionals do.

31 minutes ago, SidJames said:

He was ‘legal consultant’ to  Zacarias Moussaoui – 9/11 Bomber Moussaoui pleaded guilty to conspiracy to murder Khan also represented hate preacher Louis Farrakhan Farrakhan was banned from UK for calling Judaism ‘gutter religion’ Khan shared a platform with terrorist Yasser al-Siri Al-Sirri called for American soldiers’ corpses to be ‘dragged in the streets’

He doesn't seem to be in the business of fighting parking tickets, advising in divorce settlements or acting for people buying their first apartments which is the kind of legal work that 99% of legal professionals do.

Would that be because he isn't a solicitor? 

32 minutes ago, SidJames said:

He was ‘legal consultant’ to  Zacarias Moussaoui – 9/11 Bomber Moussaoui pleaded guilty to conspiracy to murder Khan also represented hate preacher Louis Farrakhan Farrakhan was banned from UK for calling Judaism ‘gutter religion’ Khan shared a platform with terrorist Yasser al-Siri Al-Sirri called for American soldiers’ corpses to be ‘dragged in the streets’

I work with a lawyer and I once asked him how he felt about distasteful clients like kiddie fiddlers and rapists. He told me when you leave people with no defense, to which they are entitled to by law, you undermine law itself. They are simply another client. He said he disliked most of his clients, but he acts professionally.

British people would generally have no problem with their doctor, lawyer, dentist or any other professional being Muslim, Hindi, Jewish whatever.

It is only in countries where fear and xenophobia are rife would this comment of yours resonate.

You should also understand he may well have been appointed by the court to take on the defenses quoted.

Regardless, the question at point here is about Khan acting calmly and professionally, while being misquoted for political reasons.

The job he is doing now he was appointed to do by the voters of London. Who he may have had as clients before holds no relevance to this discussion.

As president of the United States- Donald Trump was absolutely wrong to criticise Mayor Khan especially at this time. Mayor Khan was attempting to bring some calm to a very bad situation and should be applauded for his efforts.

Donald Trump has no business criticising anyone in the UK on anything.  As an American, I continue to be appalled by the lack of civility on the part of Trump.  His agenda appears to be to find fault with everything and everybody- He needs to look in the mirror.

And another polarised thread. Isnt it possible to be concerned both about Trump and the impact of Islam  on politics and life  in the UK ?  

I'd much prefer to live in Obamas vision of  America than Trumps America . I'd choose to live in Trumps America over any Country run by an Islamic administration.    

I do find it odd and a huge problem that its perfectly OK to trash political ideologies and treat individuals as completely representative of those ideologies but religious ideologies are still untouchable in any mainstream media discussion.   

Khan  comes over as a decent and sensible human being.  But given the freakout that everyone has over the possibility of  even a single UKIP MP I do wonder if it came down so either Labour or Conservatives holding  a tiny  majority how the Mayor and   13 Muslims MPs might decide to influence British politics if say another Scottish referendum were demanded.  Being allowed to offer the "choice" of Sharia law courts perhaps?  And before anyone calls me paranoid  thats exactly how Brexit  came about.  Worst case perhaps  5 seats might have gone to the UKIP in 2015 and Cameron promised a referendum to stop it believing it was never possible that he'd lose the Brexit vote.  Much like the DNC thought it was impossible to lose to Trump so rigged it for Clinton to win the primary instead of actually finding someone the people liked and would vote for.   Politicians will sell their soul for an election win.     Selfishly Atheists dont do well at all   under Islam and i'd prefer less Muslim influence on British politics not more.  

Therese May should appoint Rudy Giuliani as temporary mayor of London to clean out the vermin Sadiq supports. She won't but it would be a real response to the UK and London's Islam problem. Unlike her empty words.