Jump to content

Going to Savanakhet for my tourist visa


Recommended Posts

Hi guys

 

I'm going to Savankhet thai embassy 3rd week of this month. I just want to ask if the office there need new documents as they always ask for something and unannounced. On my hand i have my outward plane ticket, my bank financial statement, pictures, application form, copies of my passport. Anything new that they need?

 

Need information guys. Thanks

 

Sent from my SM-P355 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, anto said:

Somebody mentioned about them now asking for B20,000 to be shown for a Tourist visa application at Savannakhet ?

That is what the bank statement is for that the OP mentioned. They will not accept showing 20k baht in cash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is what the bank statement is for that the OP mentioned. They will not accept showing 20k baht in cash.

Is Vientiane the same as regards looking of a Bank statement for a single tourist visa ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, anto said:

Thanks .Its another type visa i will be applying for .Just covering all options .

What type of visa are you applying for as  all different visa types have different requirements 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Doiger said:

What type of visa are you applying for as  all different visa types have different requirements 

Multiple O based on marriage to a Thai .Have done it several times before in Savannakhet .Only difference this time is my wife has changed her name .I know i must bring original name change document ,and the rest should be as before but T.I.T .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Proof of Where you be staying in Thailand was required when I did it.  This can be an online-booking, rental-contract, etc.

 

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They don't ask for the financial proof or tickets there. 

why did they ask me for a police  clearance report and  a new  medical report  the last time I went there  in March 2017?

 is it for a simple tourist visa single  entrance?

or just for a retirement non O immigrant visa? I was  sendt  away back to Thailand to obtain both .Now  I have the  reports, Maybe  I go back there to get a  new Non O visa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, anto said:

Multiple O based on marriage to a Thai .Have done it several times before in Savannakhet .Only difference this time is my wife has changed her name .I know i must bring original name change document ,and the rest should be as before but T.I.T .

has the wife to show up with me  when applying for the  marriage  visa  or  does   a copy of her ID card, acopy of her  tabian book  and  the marriage cert suffice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

has the wife to show up with me  when applying for the  marriage  visa  or  does   a copy of her ID card, acopy of her  tabian book  and  the marriage cert suffice?

My friend has been doing it there over the last 10 years and NEVER with wife in-tow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You probably will have no problem. but please understand that EVERY Thai consulate worldwide  has the final say on whether or not to issue you a visa.

They make that very clear when you apply for a visa.....by telling you no refund will be given if you are somehow refused for a visa.

But again, you will probably have no problem, many people are successful at getting a visa.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

You probably will have no problem. but please understand that EVERY Thai consulate worldwide  has the final say on whether or not to issue you a visa.

They make that very clear when you apply for a visa.....by telling you no refund will be given if you are somehow refused for a visa.

But again, you will probably have no problem, many people are successful at getting a visa.

 

 

In most cases at nearby consulates, they don't take your money unless you are going to get the visa.  At Vientiane, you pay upon receipt the next day, and pay nothing if rejected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

has the wife to show up with me  when applying for the  marriage  visa  or  does   a copy of her ID card, acopy of her  tabian book  and  the marriage cert suffice?

Have done it several times without the wife .Yes bring the documents you mention.Must have the original Marriage cert plus a copy .They just look at the original on application day and hand it straight back to you .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Proof of Where you be staying in Thailand was required when I did it.  This can be an online-booking, rental-contract, etc.

I stay with my daughter, she rented a apartment  near the university where she's  studying in her 4th year, the  administration of the  apartment block would not give her  a rental contract/copy for me  to show the immigration for my  non immigrant O extension, as the owner is  abroad and cannot be contacted/ now  should I rent another   place and pay for 2  residences?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stay with my daughter, she rented a apartment  near the university where she's  studying in her 4th year, the  administration of the  apartment block would not give her  a rental contract/copy for me  to show the immigration for my  non immigrant O extension, as the owner is  abroad and cannot be contacted/ now  should I rent another   place and pay for 2  residences?

Ask your Immigration Office. Nothing better than getting info 'from the horses mouth'


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

 

On 6/7/2017 at 3:34 PM, JackThompson said:

Proof of Where you be staying in Thailand was required when I did it.  This can be an online-booking, rental-contract, etc.

I stay with my daughter, she rented a apartment  near the university where she's  studying in her 4th year, the  administration of the  apartment block would not give her  a rental contract/copy for me  to show the immigration for my  non immigrant O extension, as the owner is  abroad and cannot be contacted/ now  should I rent another   place and pay for 2  residences?

 

 

I was referring to the process for a tourist-visa in Savanakhet, where an online-booking at a hotel is sufficient.  An extension at a local office is another thing entirely.

Edited by JackThompson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does multiple 30 day visa exceptions count towards their "only 2 per year" tourist visa policy? (SETV) I already have 3 visa exemptions this year.

Also, would a written address with a monthly bill stub do for the proof of address?

-Thanks

Edited by moldresistant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, moldresistant said:

Does multiple 30 day visa exceptions count towards their "only 2 per year" tourist visa policy? (SETV) I already have 3 visa exemptions this year.

I must admit to be puzzled by your question. The "two per year" policy that I know of is for visa exempt entries by land. When you apply for tourist visas, each consulate has its own policies. In Savannakhet, you should be able to get three or four total (issued by them, and possibly Vientiane) in your current passport (regardless of when they were issued). Visa exempt entries (whether by land or by air) will not have any effect. As stated, elsewhere the policy may be different.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:00 AM, kurtmartens said:

For tourist visa not for "O" based on marriage, correct?

What is now required for a  non immigrant"O" visa at Savannaketh pls advise

or for that matter  requirement for a  tourist visa  to Thailand 30 days Savannaketh

Or fly in- out to Phnom Phen from Thailand?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

I must admit to be puzzled by your question. The "two per year" policy that I know of is for visa exempt entries by land. When you apply for tourist visas, each consulate has its own policies. In Savannakhet, you should be able to get three or four total (issued by them, and possibly Vientiane) in your current passport (regardless of when they were issued). Visa exempt entries (whether by land or by air) will not have any effect. As stated, elsewhere the policy may be different.

be  aware of the  (NEW) regulation  effective from August 2017 of border immigration imm.offices  refusing entry into Thailand when abusing the  Border visa  runs, zero tolerance  exept in special cases

Savannaketh is not issuing visas  its  Phnom Phen and a waiting time of  up to 2 days is required  according to other OP's

Edited by kraxlhuber
errors in spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

e  aware of the  (NEW) regulation  effective from August of border immigration imm.offices  refusing when abusing the  Border visa  runs, in excess of  2x per year

The limit of 2 visa exempt entries at land border crossings per calendar went into effect on January 1st of this year. Perhaps you read something that was in the news in August of 2014.

3 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

Savannaketh is not issuing visas  its  Phnom Phen and a waiting time of  up to 2 days is required  according to other OP's

Savannakhet is issuing visas not sure where you read that false info.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.







×
×
  • Create New...