Trump's UK visit on despite criticism, says foreign secretary

webfact

I hope the Donald will cancel his visit on his own accord after the disrespect shown to him and the office he represents. After all what could the usa possibly want from the uk? Trumps trying To keep america from following the uk example.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It'll be a long night tomorrow staying up watching the results!

But Bell's Whiskey is now widely available here, on promotion at 499 ThB a litre bottle - Cheers :-)

I would think with the time difference you may as well wait until Friday morning.  We are way off topic now with this thread but I hope the admin will be understanding as this is a big issue for us Brits.

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

I hope the Donald will cancel his visit on his own accord after the disrespect shown to him and the office he represents. After all what could the usa possibly want from the uk? Trumps trying To keep america from following the uk example.

Yes that would be a wise choice by Trump.  After all he will just be ridiculed and he can stay at home for that just as easily.

4 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I hope the Donald will cancel his visit on his own accord after the disrespect shown to him and the office he represents. After all what could the usa possibly want from the uk? 

1. Respect has to be earned. As yet I've seen no evidence of any remote attempt to do so from a bloke with even less charisma than Gordon Brown.

2, Support re NATO, particularly if Trump starts a war but TBH we shouldn't be too keen unless there's a direct threat to UK from now on.

One of the shared traits of the citizens of The Commonwealth is that they don't take kindly to a big-mouthed vulgarian bully ...just as a vast majority of Americans don't ( as they have discovered that by some horrid Machiavellian shenanigans one has been elected). Also, By and large, commonwealth citizens do not feel a need to respect a govt title, at least not to the extent Americans are taught to have respect for the office of president and, ipso facto, the person occupying it.

However, Trump will be given all the courtesies, just as he would be in Canada, NZ, India or Australia. That's fair.

50 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

At last I agree with you on something.  Yes, cancel the visit himself, break the 70 year alliance with the UK, lets get our troops out of Afghanistan and the Middle East we went there to support YOU, break the alliance with NATO and leave us all in peace. Lets see the reality, do we need the US for goods or does the US need us? Oh and by all accounts he wants out of the UN Human rights council, but go the whole hog, leave the UN and we can move the HQ somewhere else. That should all make America great again and have Bannon having wet dreams. The positive side effect is we would not have to comment on Trump or the USA any more because we would no longer be closely linked. America, Land of the Free and the home of the B......illy no mates.

After all what could the usa possibly want from the uk?

I guess by that you've had enough of our dead and wounded soldiers in the 2 Gulf wars and Afghanistan then? Was the quota enough, from the only country that truly had the balls to stand by you after 9/11. I see your close mates Israel stood by you all the way eh! A pox on you and your kind. Just as well I know your comments do not represent those of decent Americans, just the scrapings of the barrel.

Edited by Andaman Al

16 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

At last I agree with you on something.  Yes, cancel the visit himself, break the 70 year alliance with the UK, lets get our troops out of Afghanistan and the Middle East we went there to support YOU, break the alliance with NATO and leave us all in peace. Lets see the reality, do we need the US for goods or does the US need us? Oh and by all accounts he wants out of the UN Human rights council, but go the whole hog, leave the UN and we can move the HQ somewhere else. That should all make America great again and have Bannon having wet dreams. The positive side effect is we would not have to comment on Trump or the USA any more because we would no longer be closely linked. America, Land of the Free and the home of the B......illy no mates.

I guess by that you've had enough of our dead and wounded soldiers in the 2 Gulf wars and Afghanistan then? Was the quota enough, from the only country that truly had the balls to stand by you after 9/11. I see your close mates Israel stood by you all the way eh! A pox on you and your kind. Just as well I know your comments do not represent those of decent Americans, just the scrapings of the barrel.

Times change....hopefully you'll find other friends, post brexit. God speed ol' chap. 

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

That would be good. He should also not participate at the next G20 meeting in Hamburg. He can send his destructive opinions via Twitter. Would also save the US citizens unnecessary travel expenses. Win-win for all.

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Times change....hopefully you'll find other friends, post brexit. God speed ol' chap. 

This was a good and honest post by Adaman Al! And your response  is "find good friends"?

With a response  like this, I think you are a very loney person, the same as your master will make of the USA.

13 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

The Queen could call off the invitation, could she not?  Is she completely powerless?   I heard she gave Mugabe the red carpet treatment.  She should have stepped down decades ago.  She could go off to pasture, and still do what she does; greet elders at Retired Peoples' Communal Houses, and smile and sip tea with them.  Would a King Charles maintain the invitation to Trump and his giant entourage of ass kissers?  Methinks not.   Charles has a bit of social consciousness, doesn't he?

The Queen of Britain cannot call off the invitation. Her majesty and all citizens of Britain live in a parliamentary democracy.

You should check facts on the Westminster system of government, possibly the best democratic system there is.

3 minutes ago, dutchisaan said:

This was a good and honest post by Adaman Al! And your response  is "find good friends"?

Irrational hatred of trump has poisoned this mans brain against the reality that he is the elected leader of the usa. So if he doesnt like trumps america then move on. Or continue demonstrating here on thaivisa. Up to he. 

11 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Irrational hatred of trump has poisoned this mans brain against the reality that he is the elected leader of the usa. So if he doesnt like trumps america then move on. Or continue demonstrating here on thaivisa. Up to he. 

Nothing to do with irrational hatred of Trump just the rational dislike for someone that made a very hateful post - or two..........YOU. There is no poison in my brain and no brains in Trump supporters to poison.

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

Actually, that should have been "Up to him".

"Irrational hatred" is, in this case, in no way irrational. A man who encouraged violence during his campaign rallies, who offered to pay the legal expenses of anyone who attacked a peaceful protestor at his rallies (which, SURPRISE!!!, he reneged on), who invoked blatant racism throughout his campaign and continues to do so, who consistently demonstrates a pathetic ignorance of even the most basic workings of government, who disparages the Constitution, who refuses to reject the support of racist organizations, who views women as little more than his personal playthings, who refuses to tend to the critical issues facing the country but prefers to spend his time fixated on cable news and Twitter, who insists on subjecting America's reputation to demeaning criticism, who steals from sick children to line his own pockets (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-foundation-funneled-dollar100k-in-donations-into-revenue-for-trump-organization-report/ar-BBCaVP7), who continually violates every norm pertaining to decency and protocol for no other reason than to inflate his own ego...and I could go on for gigabytes...deserves not the slightest shred of respect or honor, but merits only the strongest opprobrium and vehement disrespect, all of which he has brought upon himself.

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I am sure POTUS no matter who,  (whom lol) will always be made welcome in GB, Aus, Canada any many other US close allies. The close allies do not have to agree with anyone about anything in politics.

It is about  being diplomatic. Not about a former  commonwealth member from Zimbabwe or where ever being shown courtesy . The president or prime minister or Sheik, represents a whole country, not just him or herself.

25 minutes ago, Traveler19491 said:

Actually, that should have been "Up to him".

"Irrational hatred" is, in this case, in no way irrational. A man who encouraged violence during his campaign rallies, who offered to pay the legal expenses of anyone who attacked a peaceful protestor at his rallies (which, SURPRISE!!!, he reneged on), who invoked blatant racism throughout his campaign and continues to do so, who consistently demonstrates a pathetic ignorance of even the most basic workings of government, who disparages the Constitution, who refuses to reject the support of racist organizations, who views women as little more than his personal playthings, who refuses to tend to the critical issues facing the country but prefers to spend his time fixated on cable news and Twitter, who insists on subjecting America's reputation to demeaning criticism, who steals from sick children to line his own pockets (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-foundation-funneled-dollar100k-in-donations-into-revenue-for-trump-organization-report/ar-BBCaVP7), who continually violates every norm pertaining to decency and protocol for no other reason than to inflate his own ego...and I could go on for gigabytes...deserves not the slightest shred of respect or honor, but merits only the strongest opprobrium and vehement disrespect, all of which he has brought upon himself.

It's 'america first' time baby. And it's bound to ruffle some feathers….yours included.

29 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Nothing to do with irrational hatred of Trump just the rational dislike for someone that made a very hateful post - or two..........YOU. There is no poison in my brain and no brains in Trump supporters to poison.

Is 'hateful' your code for positions you don't agree with…hmmm, sounds familiar…lol.

I wasn't the one who dissed the US president by saying the UK should retract the offer for him to visit…now that's hateful.

Edited by JHolmesJr

Just now, EvenSteven said:

Duped.  Next.

Btw, America is always spelled with a capital.

Actually America is the whole of Nth and Sth.

As JHolmes never studied geography or history, as also his president did not, I guess we can forgive him.

Trump will visit the U.K. but the government and the populace will be smiling whilst they grind their teeth. Not that Trump is sensitive enough to notice.

If he does, or says anything to make the queen look bad......he's toast.

Edited by KarenBravo

42 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

It's 'america first' time baby. And it's bound to ruffle some feathers….yours included.

Simplistic nationalism. Typical of the Trump base.  :coffee1:

Education or knowledge beyond "Dick and Jane...Run Spot Run" is just asking way too much.

Edited by Traveler19491

57 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

I am sure POTUS no matter who,  (whom lol) will always be made welcome in GB, Aus, Canada any many other US close allies. The close allies do not have to agree with anyone about anything in politics.

It is about  being diplomatic. Not about a former  commonwealth member from Zimbabwe or where ever being shown courtesy . The president or prime minister or Sheik, represents a whole country, not just him or herself.

It's about more than being diplomatic.  It's about image - BIG TIME.

Britain is setting itself up to LOSE A LOT OF FACE - if it carries through with its royal invitation to Trump.  

Look at Trump's history, in regard to visitors to him (Erdogon + violent riots in DC, for example), or Trump's visits overseas (curtsying to the King whose country supplied all but one of the 9-11 bombers, or disagreeing with ALL the European leaders).   Britain supplying a full service invite to Trump and his large entourage is courting mudslinging on a large scale.  It will be lose lose for Brits and Trumpsters.   And whether or not it's the Queen's decision, it's going to reflect badly on her also - though perhaps she doesn't need to be concerned about image.

6 minutes ago, Traveler19491 said:

Education or knowledge beyond "Dick and Jane...Run Spot Run" is just asking way too much.

Pompous and off topic.

3 minutes ago, Traveler19491 said:

Please mate, it was Dick and Dora. Get your facts right before making nasty comments lol

Your post made me laugh out loud. Even now my Thai wife is shaking her head

3 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

It's about more than being diplomatic.  It's about image - BIG TIME.

Britain is setting itself up to LOSE A LOT OF FACE - if it carries through with its royal invitation to Trump.  

Look at Trump's history, in regard to visitors to him (Erdogon + violent riots in DC, for example), or Trump's visits overseas (curtsying to the King whose country supplied all but one of the 9-11 bombers, or disagreeing with ALL the European leaders).   Britain supplying a full service invite to Trump and his large entourage is courting mudslinging on a large scale.  It will be lose lose for Brits and Trumpsters.   And whether or not it's the Queen's decision, it's going to reflect badly on her also - though perhaps she doesn't need to be concerned about image.

Sorry mate, I think you lost the plot a little bit there. not so much, just a tad.

But to try and explain things a little. Just a tad for you. Her Majesty the Queen of Britain, Australia and so many more countries, does not rule in any of these countries.

Her Royal Highness rules over a democratic parliament.  Under a system called Westminster.

Britain will never lose face over having diplomatic ties with any country and hosting the heads of any countries government.

1 minute ago, Traveler19491 said:

"Pompous"? Maybe just a little.

"Off topic"? Given the average intellectual capacity of the trumpettes commenting on here...hardly.

Forgive me.  You must be the poster really in charge (PRIC) of TV member's intellectual capacity.

1 minute ago, spiderorchid said:

Sorry mate, I think you lost the plot a little bit there. not so much, just a tad.

But to try and explain things a little. Just a tad for you. Her Majesty the Queen of Britain, Australia and so many more countries, does not rule in any of these countries.

Her Royal Highness rules over a democratic parliament.  Under a system called Westminster.

Britain will never lose face over having diplomatic ties with any country and hosting the heads of any countries government.

Just to expand a little once again. The heads of govt in any country represents every person in that country. Does that explain it just a tad.