Info wanted on personal/health accident ins.

jobin

I'm a single guy on retirement in CM, have USA Medicare (age 70) for real trouble but am interested in getting some medical insurance for accidents and any minor catastrophe suffered when NOT in USA.

Naturally i turn to my contemporaries here on TV and solicit local advice and testimonials on insurance offerings from folks my age.

So plz throw out your information.

Jobin, I got some bad news for you.  I spoke to a Bupa rep at their office and they will not issue a new policy for anyone over 65.  Bangkok Bank sells Health Insurance(I did not know this until recently) if you have an account with them and max age for their plans is 69.   

You might have to self-insure and use Medicare back in the US for serious medical treatment.

The Kad Suan Kaew branch of Bangkok Bank offers a Personal Accident insurance that covers to a higher age and higher amount than the normal PA insurance offered at other Bangkok Bank branches.  Be sure to ask for the special PA insurance they have for their older customers.

As mentioned the CM Expats Club has a group rate for a good medical insurance plan through CNX Insure.  The insurance is from Health Care International, a U.K. company and is good globally, except in the U.S.  You can enroll up to age 75 and continue coverage after that age, although your rates go up, of course.

5 hours ago, sappersrest said:

AIA do a good accident policy.

I agree have recently used my PA all accounts sent direct to AIA from Ram Hospital

I am very happy with them

I have just renewed my PA Policy