Wife critical after "jealous" taxi driver sets fire to her in Koh Samui

webfact

10 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

It's simple.  Thai men can not take, or handle, ANY type of "rejection", or every accept the fact that they are wrong about something, their sense of "jealousy" is overwhelming, and they will strike out any way they can to anyone, including a wife, who says otherwise.  Been here 9 years, and have see it happen more times than I can count.  

About 5 years ago my wife and I knew a couple, both Thai, both with university degrees, both with good jobs, and seemingly a happy marriage.  Then one day he "caught" her texting another man, didn't ask her who it was, or why, but just went totally bat-shit crazy and caved her skull in with a golf club.  Turns out she was talking to her boss about the schedule for the next day. He's now serving time, but will probably be released in a couple of more years. 

Terrible story and yes, tragically typical of many in this supposed paradise.

54 minutes ago, roo860 said:
1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:
  8 hours ago, Canceraid said: "Why does everybody blame the guy???? What did  the girl do to aggravate him. Oh Please  thai women these days.........find out for yourselves."

I find it extremely hard to believe that you are serious in making the above comment.  In fact, if you really believe that, in my opinion, you should be locked up already before any girl happens to offend your fragile ego and she too ends up in an inferno.

That's a typical comment from Canceraid, he's no different from the perpetrator in incident.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Right on roo860, I've been trying to find canceraid's original comment to quote but ...dunno why, can't. What a prize prick! How can he even imply that it was the girls fault and that it's ok to do horrible shit like this? Dispicable comments, needs to be berated. 

" Why does everybody blame the guy???? What did  the girl do to aggravate him. Oh Please  thai women these days.........find out for yourselves."

Quote, canceraid the prick from Hell

10 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

What is it about Thailand that leads to these kinds of horrors? This is a serious question; when I have fought with a girlfriend, I never thought of setting her on fire. Anyone?

Prayers to the poor woman.

Many will say my following comment is becoming so boring, but I will make it again. I have been in love with Thailand for about 45 years , firstly as a tourist with my farang family, and then as a single. (Yes, married an Isaan lady etc.) and now happily married and living in Thailand.May I offer this ,again? As Social media etc. has advanced in Thailand, education standards have gone from bad to worse even though it has the biggest budget.

For me, the end result is millions of uneducated. young Thai people joining a society that has become so competitive for "cosmetic" reasons and having no idea how to cope with the "perceived" pressures.

Keeping in mind that all Thai boys are raised with the mindset that they are "superior", and that Thai girls are for cooking and bonking only, I say, again, that your average Thai male between 18 to 40 is just a wild animal. Whether they are driving a pickup, or a bus or out drinking with their "mates", or taking drugs, they must not, under any circumstances, lose face, even if it's only in their own, uneducated minds. Cheers.

16 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

It's simple.  Thai men can not take, or handle, ANY type of "rejection", or every accept the fact that they are wrong about something, their sense of "jealousy" is overwhelming, and they will strike out any way they can to anyone, including a wife, who says otherwise.  Been here 9 years, and have see it happen more times than I can count.  

About 5 years ago my wife and I knew a couple, both Thai, both with university degrees, both with good jobs, and seemingly a happy marriage.  Then one day he "caught" her texting another man, didn't ask her who it was, or why, but just went totally bat-shit crazy and caved her skull in with a golf club.  Turns out she was talking to her boss about the schedule for the next day. He's now serving time, but will probably be released in a couple of more years. 

Agreed, sometimes i  have the impression that a lot is fueled by these medieval soap series , where a look behind a tree is proof of pregnancy brought on by boyfriend or husband when 'catches' talking and smiling to another female.

Despicable and fruit for sometimes lethal thought in the simple mind of a zero self-confident Thai's.

19 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Thanks @Just1Voice, but my question was a bit different. Let me put it another way.

Why the extreme, sometimes lethal violence? I get the jealousy (and have experienced it myself), but I never thought of punching, setting on fire, tossing out a window, knifing, etc. Why is the violence so extreme?

Why? Thais have to hold in their emotions, and are crippled by having to always be aware of their place in the social order which often means taking sh** from people in uniforms, and they finally explode. It is a very medieval society trying to cope in a modern world.

18 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

3rd world mentality but what else do you expect from local guys who fear their own shadows and females even more

15 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Not local guy, from Samut Prakarn.

I believe that the poster meant Thai's 

Are you saying it is racist to call Thais in Thailand locals?

When you live on a small island there is a big difference between islanders and mainlanders.
Not that you have to born here but actually living here, most mainlanders don't regard the Islands like home.

Same with Expats when they saying they are going home...
Samui is my home.

People that refer to others as the locals still have their home somewhere else.

I cannot believe some of the posts on here.

Do you think as he kicked crap out of her and then poured petrol on her, he was having an internal debate over the finer points of the tenets of Buddhism? I suspect rather what was going through his brain was a bloodstream loaded with alcohol and methamphetamine.

If you want an explanation, here it is. Thailand lacks discipline in any way you can imagine. However, this leaves a vacuum in Thai society so something comes in to replace the lack of discipline, the lack of self-discipline, the inability to adhere to rules, the unwillingness to respect the law, etc. It is replaced by a simple hierarchical structure which is enforced through each layer being unaccountable to those below them. So husbands can beat wives, teachers can beat kids, hazers can torment hazees, etc. with relative impunity and lose their temper as they lack the discipline to restrain themselves. Had the taxi driver stopped at just a beating and not got the petrol out, it would have been a normal Thai family evening.

On 6/7/2017 at 9:43 AM, Just1Voice said:

The fragile Thai male ego on full display again. 

Not just Thai males, all over the world women are in more danger of being assaulted- and killed by partners than almost any other cause aside from disease. It is a war on women. 

On 6/17/2017 at 8:49 PM, Briggsy said:

I cannot believe some of the posts on here.

Do you think as he kicked crap out of her and then poured petrol on her, he was having an internal debate over the finer points of the tenets of Buddhism? I suspect rather what was going through his brain was a bloodstream loaded with alcohol and methamphetamine.

If you want an explanation, here it is. Thailand lacks discipline in any way you can imagine. However, this leaves a vacuum in Thai society so something comes in to replace the lack of discipline, the lack of self-discipline, the inability to adhere to rules, the unwillingness to respect the law, etc. It is replaced by a simple hierarchical structure which is enforced through each layer being unaccountable to those below them. So husbands can beat wives, teachers can beat kids, hazers can torment hazees, etc. with relative impunity and lose their temper as they lack the discipline to restrain themselves. Had the taxi driver stopped at just a beating and not got the petrol out, it would have been a normal Thai family evening.

social flaw, doubtless

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:17 AM, PoorSucker said:

When you live on a small island there is a big difference between islanders and mainlanders.
Not that you have to born here but actually living here, most mainlanders don't regard the Islands like home.

Same with Expats when they saying they are going home...
Samui is my home.

People that refer to others as the locals still have their home somewhere else.

Understand exactly where you are coming from. 'home is where the heart is'

Thais will refer to anyone from western Europe as a Farang. Farangs will refer to any Thai as a local.

If I go to see my family for Christmas I say I'm going home, but I'm not, I'm going to see my family and my original home.

I have a new much better life and home now on Samui.