Loei police admit mistake in traffic ticket

webfact

Loei police admit mistake in traffic ticket

0706001.jpg

LOEI: -- Muang Loei traffic police have apologised for the mistake in issuing a traffic ticket to a motorcyclist for not wearing safety belt.

Chief of Loei provincial police Pol Col Torsak Aranyakanont admitted of the mistake in the ticket which a traffic police officer issued to a motorcycle rider.

The ticket was displayed by the rider, Silapob Salusee, who said the incident happened near the traffic light on Loei-Chiang Kan intersection. The post was widely shared on the social world with viewers strongly criticising such offence could happen in one place in the world, Thailand.

Pol Col Torsak offered apology for his subordinate saying he has questioned the officer and he claimed he had worked hard for a long time and was fully exhausted.

This prompted the officer to wrongly write in the ticket that the motorcycle rider was guilty for not wearing safety belt.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/loei-police-admit-mistake-traffic-ticket/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-07

In the days when dashcams were in their infancy I was pulled over, complied fully with all requests and was given a doc that I couldn't read containing 3x stars. With wifey being away it was the following day before established that they meant:

a) I  jumped a red light,

b  ) I tried to drive off when caught,

c ) I admitted everything!

I promptly pointed out that I had tactfully written 'Under Duress' or similar in the signature box and produced a 6 min dashcam recording inc audio blowing their case out of the water on all fronts :smile:

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Col Torsak offered apology for his subordinate saying he has questioned the officer and he claimed he had worked hard for a long time and was fully exhausted.

Fully exhausted from writing from writing bogus tickets all day and putting the cash in an envelope to take back to the boss Pol Col Torsak.. 

9 hours ago, moe666 said:

A friend was stopped for speeding and issued a ticket. He asked the wife what does the ticket say she says parking violation

In the U.S. they would possibly do this because you still have a ticket to pay, *but* no points on your license, so slimmer consequences for you-- just the ticket price, vs ticket price *and* having your insurance go up.

No idea whether it has any meaning here, though.

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

Mmmmm interesting..did you take that to court or how did it play out, "blowing their case out of the water"?

They returned my licence within 48hrs and made the ticket disappear. I still have the full monty on file.

Edited by evadgib