Catching birds to let them go - may lead to two years in jail...or more!

webfact

On 2017-6-8 at 5:34 AM, NCC1701A said:

i feel sorry for all the birds locked up at the Wat here in Hua Hin.

i told my ex girlfriend you are releasing a bird to make merit that was captured so you could release it to make merit. so where is the good in that? so why do it?

but besides from this lapse of logic she is a wonderful person.

I feel sorry for the two magnificent sea eagles, chained up in a tourist site in Phuket for 100baht a photo!

Surely these are a protected bird.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was at a temple Laos where they were charging people to let the birds go. I could hear an awful lot of squawking coming from behind a wall. So I had a look ,there was a cage full of birds with a mountain of birdseed they were working on and about a dozen birds trying to get into the cage to get at the seed. They didn't have to catch then they came back .

On 6/10/2017 at 7:06 AM, masuk said:

Surely these are a protected bird.

Protected by whom? :wacko: TIT.

BTW, there's nothing in Buddhism that says "you must cage up birds and sell them so some derp can release them".

This is superstition, pure and simple.

On 6/8/2017 at 5:34 AM, NCC1701A said:

i feel sorry for all the birds locked up at the Wat here in Hua Hin.

i told my ex girlfriend you are releasing a bird to make merit that was captured so you could release it to make merit. so where is the good in that? so why do it?

In myanmar you can pay to release a bird and once u turn your back it simply flies back in its cage ? no joke! If u stay long enough around the cage u can actually see it flying back in ? #naturerules

• 1 month later...

The behaviour is little different to examples of gross, if not bizarre, hypocrisy that substitute (defy?) for logic in most religions. Practitioners would not agree, I suppose, but I see parallels with the act of masturbation - totally pointless and it provides only momentary relief or pleasure.

3 hours ago, sandemara said:

The behaviour is little different to examples of gross, if not bizarre, hypocrisy that substitute (defy?) for logic in most religions. Practitioners would not agree, I suppose, but I see parallels with the act of masturbation - totally pointless and it provides only momentary relief or pleasure.

So you are likening religious practitioners to <deleted>? That's a bit strong isn't it?. I don't know though. But I can't recall any wars being started because of masterbation.:saai:

I am delighted by this piece of legislation and hope it will be rigorously enforced.  As I walk around the Thai countryside I always ask myself, where are all the birds?  Lush lowland wetlands but devoid of bird life. I have house sparrows nesting in my roof, much to the annoyance of mia yia but I say they have their place on earth.  I have had 2 humming birds  fly around 2 months ago and made special sugar water feeders for their benefit but they have not been back.  I wish average Thais would value wild bird diversity rather than see them as a commodity for traps or sling shots.