Retirement extension- Just checking...

Hi,

Just checking here to make sure I am not confused.

I got a Non-O visa in Hanoi on 13 Oct. 2016

I got my extension in Chiang Rai on 14 Dec. 2016 and it states that my extension is good until 14 Jan. 2018. (I got the extension early because I was leaving Thailand for a while.) For me it was important to know that the extension is good for one year, as I initially thought it was the Non-O being good for a year. 

SO, I believe that means I have to show the proper money in the bank no later than 14 Oct. 2017.

Am I correct here?

I receive retirement benefits from the Japanese government at the US govt. totaling about $1,000 per month. (A bit more actually.)

That means (I believe) that I will need to show about B360,000 in my bank account by Oct. 14, 2017 I will show B400,000 to be safe.

$1,000 x 35 = B35,000.  65,000 - 35,000 = 30,000 per month needing to be shown.  30,000 x 12 months = B360,000.

Correct?

I am a US citizen, and my income affidavit cannot be made more than six months prior to my new extension, which means July 14, 2017 the earliest.

When swearing to my income I believe I do NOT need to show actual documents from the US and Japanese governments. 

Is that correct?

Should I bring document anyway?

As always, thanks in advance!!

Charlie

The money will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply for the extension. Best to put it in the bank earlier than October 14th. 

You need to show a total of 800k of income and money in the bank. Best to calculate your annual income and subtract it from the 800k baht. Since the exchange rate is about 34 baht  to the dollar today I will use that for the calculation. Annual income would be 34,000 X 12 which is 408k baht. Annual income subtracted from 800k baht is 392k baht.

You do not need to show any proof to get a income affidavit at the US embassy.

what kind of extension is that ?

i thought with a non oa you get stamped in and out for the 1st year, at the end of the year, you then start getting re entry visas for the 2nd year , up till the limit of the last stamp date, which would be no more than 1 year from last entry into the country

5 minutes ago, khlongtoey said:

what kind of extension is that ?

i thought with a non oa you get stamped in and out for the 1st year, at the end of the year, you then start getting re entry visas for the 2nd year , up till the limit of the last stamp date, which would be no more than 1 year from last entry into the country

A non-oa visa is issued by an embassy or consulate in your home country that allows unlimited 1 year entries for a year from the date it is issued.

The discussion is about a one year extension of stay based upon retirement issued at an immigration office here in Thailand.

so his original extension, didn't require  funds in a Thai Bank, and the Non-O   wasn't an O-A ?  And the Non-O was only good for a few months?  And/or an extension can be made at any time , not having to be within the last 90 days of a visa's term ?

Edited by khlongtoey

Just now, khlongtoey said:

so his original extension, didn't require  funds in a Thai Bank, and the Non-O   wasn't an O-A ?

He used proof of income and money in the bank for the first extension also. That is one of 3 options for the financial proof needed to apply.

He had a single entry non-o visa that allowed a 90 day entry that he extended for one year.