Scam Travel Agency on Nimman Exposed

snoop1130

Scam Travel Agency on Nimman Exposed

by CityNews

scam-ticket-shop.jpg

CityNews – 20 customers were scammed by a fake travel agency offering discounted domestic and international flights at a nimmanhaemin store.

Complaints were made to the police on June 7 by passengers who were unable to fly after their tickets were found to be fake. The flights were both domestic and international. The tickets were brought between April and May.

The store that the tickets were brought at was located in Nimmanhaemin but had recently shut down.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/scam-travel-agency-on-nimman-exposed/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-6-8

15 hours ago, lee68 said:

Nothing new, i was scammed by one years ago called mau travel,one of many hundreds of people.ALWAYS BUY DIRECT FROM AIRLINES!

No ,Buy from a dealer thats been in the neighborhood for many years and has ties with the area..They can save you money and the direct airline's cost is much higher.As a farang living here you are helping your community and showing that you belong here.If you are a tourist on Sukhumvit then by all means ask your hotel to help you with the tickets.

4 hours ago, sanukjim said:

No ,Buy from a dealer thats been in the neighborhood for many years and has ties with the area..They can save you money and the direct airline's cost is much higher.As a farang living here you are helping your community and showing that you belong here.If you are a tourist on Sukhumvit then by all means ask your hotel to help you with the tickets.

I bought the tickets from the same tour agency i had used for years, the woman in there ripped off over a 100 people in the end, she ended up in jail but nobody got there money back.

Edited by lee68

Even the named travel agents you have to watch out for, one of the UK's top sellers of tickets cost me £150.000 with the after effects in recent times, needless to say that fight is on going as even the credit card company I used to buy it on line tries to hide as they know a half million claim is on the horizon, then again Barclays how do you explain a hotel putting through the same payment for a hotel 13 times? It ain't safe out there these days is it.

17 hours ago, sanukjim said:

agree.  While I buy my big ticket from the USA on the EVA site for example, when in Thailand, I had no problem using one of the steady local travel offices.  The girls are nice, you can pay in CASH and not have your credit card floating around which is a concern to many people.  You get the ticket in your hand.  I never had a problem.  For example in Pattaya have used Eastiny Travel, the place that was in the Diana Inn, and a few others.  Flew Bangkok air, Nok, phuket, samui, krabi and back at different times.  Even arranged three day Ko Samut trip with minivan, hotel, etc.

OP Travel on Tha Pae Gate, where Starbucks is now, took me for 10K THB back in around 2000. The woman behind the scam used a patsy as a front. He went to jail. The police told me that if they recover any of my money there will be a 'compromise'. It was said by a greasy and slimy policemen and I knew this to mean they would take whatever was recovered for their fee for 'helping' me.

You have criminals investigating the criminals in Thailand. There's no point in using the judicial system here.

It always makes me wonder why Western clowns dress up in that uniform and parade around in public, don't they have any pride?

Edited by Loaded

On 6/9/2017 at 0:28 PM, sanukjim said:

So what?! Bernie Madoff had " been in the neighborhood for many years and had ties with the area. " But that didn't prevent him from ripping people off:giggle:

Edited by midas