This has to be seen to be believed: Thai driver WALKS away from devastating car wreck

Judging from the very wide tires and the front-mount intercooler (FMIC) it appeared to be a high performance vehicle. I suspect the driver was doing some outrageous maneuver in the vehicle and lives to do it again! He's very lucky it didn't catch fire as the ending in that case would have been quite different.

Kudos to the rescue crew's skillful extraction.

And for every one lucky man like this who lived there are thousands who don't. The majority of them not even driving the vehicle that caused the accident.

Celebrating this event will do NOTHING to prevent the daily carnage on Thai roads. It is more than likely to have the opposite effect.

2 hours ago, Keesters said:

And for every one lucky man like this who lived there are thousands who don't. The majority of them not even driving the vehicle that caused the accident.

Celebrating this event will do NOTHING to prevent the daily carnage on Thai roads. It is more than likely to have the opposite effect.

Indeed! I'm more likely to lament the wasted, destroyed vehicle ... if it's a nice one rather than some reckless, speed-freak driver.

Edited by MaxYakov

10 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

should be movie fodder

I'll schedule it as "Fast and Furious 11". Can't have enough of these F & F movies can we? They keep things safe and sane on the highways and byebyeways. You can come up with the alternative title.

On 6/9/2017 at 3:04 PM, koo said:

The topic has been tagged as containing video.  Where is it?

EDIT: Ah, it is on a commercial website designed to sell your personal data, so just forget the whole thing...

Videos on here don't work with adblock on. Only found out on page 3 that there's a video of the thing.

21 hours ago, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

Yes...

The car was on it's roof and he was pulled out of the left hand side, i.e. Passenger side. I'm guessing he rolled over into the passenger seat because he was not wearing a seat belt, this probably saved his life as he would have no doubt broken his neck had he been pinned upright into his seat by a seat belt.

Similar thing happened to me and because it was such a short journey I didn't put my seat belt on. The car rolled onto it's roof and I toppled over into the passenger seat. The car stopped against a tree stump which came through the windscreen on the drivers side and would have crushed my skull had I been strapped in.

Somebody must have been watching over me as I normally always wear a seatbelt. The police recovery truck driver was looking for my halo also!

3 hours ago, Tofer said:

The car was on it's roof and he was pulled out of the left hand side, i.e. Passenger side. I'm guessing he rolled over into the passenger seat because he was not wearing a seat belt, this probably saved his life as he would have no doubt broken his neck had he been pinned upright into his seat by a seat belt.

Similar thing happened to me and because it was such a short journey I didn't put my seat belt on. The car rolled onto it's roof and I toppled over into the passenger seat. The car stopped against a tree stump which came through the windscreen on the drivers side and would have crushed my skull had I been strapped in.

Somebody must have been watching over me as I normally always wear a seatbelt. The police recovery truck driver was looking for my halo also!

Before they cut him out of the steal/wreckage he could have been cut loose out of seatbelt long before or opened it himself. I stick to my point: saved by seatbelt...

10 hours ago, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

Before they cut him out of the steal/wreckage he could have been cut loose out of seatbelt long before or opened it himself. I stick to my point: saved by seatbelt...

So the roof that was crushed down to dashboard level would not have hurt him if pinned upright in his seat. 

No wonder he crashed if he couldn't see over the dashboard!