Work Permit For Non-teaching Position

I need some advice, preferably from someone who was in the same shoes as me. Here is my situation-

I will work ("part-time") for a large software company (50+ employees, large turnover). I will be the only foreigner employed there.

I will earn 30k per month as an assistant to the CEO. Responsibilities that may help my case are communicting with English speaking suppliers, clients and partners. Giving company and product presentations to English speaking clients.

My previous education includes 9 GCSE's, BTEC National Diploma in Design, Cambridge CELTA (this is not a teaching job), I also have a few software certificates (advanced).

I am 29 and had three years experience as a customer services manager in the UK before coming to Thailand.

I currently study at Bangkok University International College, and am in my second year of a B.B.A Marketing degree.

I currently hold a non-immigrant ED visa.

I understand from friends and some things I picked up on google that I can get the work-permit. I worked as a teacher for a while and so always thought that a degree was the basic requirment, I now believe this is only the case for a teaching license?

So, please don't reply with the same old response you give to visa-runners/under the radar teachers. I am also not interested in graduating early at the Khao San Road.

So,

1. Can I get a work permit under these circumstances?

2. Will I need to return to Penang to change my non-immigrant ED? to the non-immigrant B?

3. Is it easier to do this through a lawyer? what are the likely costs? any reccomendation for a lawyer in BKK would be appreciated.

1. It sounds doable if company is making money.

2. Believe any non immigrant (other than retirement - usually) is OK.

3. Strongly advise having help as company obviously will not have a clue. Sunbelt Asia sponsors forum and seems to be very reasonably priced. I would use there service if I intended to work here.

Use a lawyer (e.g. Sunbelt), as they will know all paperwork and will save you a huge amount of messing about.

When I got mine though, having my degree certificate was a requirement. Maybe those software certificates will suffice instead, or there may be other ways around it.

yes
2. Will I need to return to Penang to change my non-immigrant ED? to the non-immigrant B?

No need. You simply get the work permit with the visa you have now.

3. Is it easier to do this through a lawyer? what are the likely costs? any reccomendation for a lawyer in BKK would be appreciated.

Thanks Lopburi and Dantilley for the reco. Our professional fee is 6,500 Baht plus 7% VAT for the work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 2 weeks later...
I need some advice, preferably from someone who was in the same shoes as me. Here is my situation-

I will work ("part-time") for a large software company (50+ employees, large turnover). I will be the only foreigner employed there.

I will earn 30k per month as an assistant to the CEO. Responsibilities that may help my case are communicting with English speaking suppliers, clients and partners. Giving company and product presentations to English speaking clients.

My previous education includes 9 GCSE's, BTEC National Diploma in Design, Cambridge CELTA (this is not a teaching job), I also have a few software certificates (advanced).

I am 29 and had three years experience as a customer services manager in the UK before coming to Thailand.

I currently study at Bangkok University International College, and am in my second year of a B.B.A Marketing degree.

I currently hold a non-immigrant ED visa.

I understand from friends and some things I picked up on google that I can get the work-permit. I worked as a teacher for a while and so always thought that a degree was the basic requirment, I now believe this is only the case for a teaching license?

So, please don't reply with the same old response you give to visa-runners/under the radar teachers. I am also not interested in graduating early at the Khao San Road.

So,

the company that will employ u should handle all that stuff for u. it basically is none of ur business. they should also pay for any legal fees arising from employing u. if they're not willing to do that then maybe u

u ended up in the wrong place.

also min salary for foreign employees is 50k baht monthly. too me it looks like ur getting shortchanged.

also min salary for foreign employees is 50k baht monthly. too me it looks like ur getting shortchanged.

The OP I will work ("part-time")and earn 30k per month...

There is no regulation that a foreign employee must have a minimum salary of 50K p.m., however, there are minimum-salaries set for extension of permission to stay.