Visa ends before my return flight

HI I've got a bit of a query.

I've got a Non Imm O multiple entry visa based on marriage with an enter before date of 30 Oct 2017. I'm flying back from UK to Thailand on the 15th June. I plan to return to the UK with my Thai wife for a holiday somewhen in September. Originally I intended to book my flight for Thursday with a return on 9th Sept then a flight for my wife BKK to LHR on the 9th returning on 30th Sept then another for myself LHR to BKK on 30th with a return in January. This was all looking a bit complicated so I had the idea to book my flight out on the 15th June and return in January and then book the flights for September for us both together. I haven't booked the September ones yet as the dates have become less sure.

My concern was that although I will be returning in September before my visa ends I don't have proof and my current ticket shows me returning on 21st January after it expires. Is this likely to be a problem? Could I leave Thailand near to the expiry date, probably to Lao as I've done before and how long would I get when I re enter? If it's 90 days then that would cover me until my return to the UK. It's even possible that I could be in the UK in October to apply for another visa anyway but none of this would be shown by my ticket.

This jet set lifestyle isn't as much fun as I'd imagined to be honest.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a valid visa when you enter the country you don't need a return or onward ticket. No need for them to even look for one.

Having a return flight in January will not be a problem.

Thanks. It was just a sudden thought I had and I was probably thinking of the situation with a tourist visa and getting confused. A combination of age and the usual brain overload from everything  that needs to be done before  travelling either way.

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes, if you cross the border at any time before the enter before date you will be given another 90 days.

I thought that was the case as I've done it often enough but just getting confused as I've mentioned in my reply to ubonjoe. 

Anyway thanks.