Why it is so easy to pretend to be a cop or get a gun license in Thailand

webfact

Why it is so easy to pretend to be a cop or get a gun license in Thailand

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The rounding up of a gang offering fake documents online shows how easy it is to get police, gun or educational certification.

Some of the gang were paraded for the press yesterday by 191 cops. Following the arrest of Sathan Rortphan, 44, and Nithiphat Jaidee, 52, at a photo shop in Samut Sakorn earlier four people were arrested on warrants issued by a court.

These were Supachai Chainit, 20, Jitima Inbert, 26, Suriya Khamsongsi, 31 and Praphatsorn Sairat, 24. All have been charged with producing and distributing fake documents.

191 chief Surachet Hakpan was on hand to explain that the gang had been operating online then posting out their documents to customers.

Among the fake documents were permission to be a policeman, educational certificates and gun licenses, he said.

The gang had seen how it was done by watching online videos, reported Daily News.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-13

Just waiting for this:

In other news...With easy access to 'How to' video for making forgeries, breaking into ATM machines, circumventing password protections, opening hotel room safes and what not, Thailand is now considering blocking YouTube due to it's rising popularity with would be criminals.

Imagine the revolt - same as saying that they want to block Facebook.

:cheesy:

Why is it so easy?

Because the authorities who are in charge of these various fields (and virtually every other|) are corrupted.

If you want something it is easier, sometimes necessary, to pay for it.

The online videos reference is a smokescreen, although as the poster above suggested, it may prove to be useful in its own right.

Edited by JAG

3 hours ago, clockman said:

Land of fakes! third world standards. When you can send drugs, weapons, through the post

Arms can be send by mail in most countries!

And you would be surprised how many drugs follow the same method, also in many countries.

I gather this slur on Thailand is not fair.

5 hours ago, JAG said:

Why is it so easy?

Because the authorities who are in charge of these various fields (and virtually every other|) are corrupted.

If you want something it is easier, sometimes necessary, to pay for it.

The online videos reference is a smokescreen, although as the poster above suggested, it may prove to be useful in its own right.

It was easy to get all sorts of fakes and forgeries here in the early 90's. All the internet and being on-line does it make the logistics more easy depending what you want.

The driver is corruption. And while money can buy anything it always will be.

I guess one reason this is going on is it's difficult to catch the perps that actually hold the fake documents.

The police don't have to show you any ID, they don't even have to show you that statute you supposedly violated.

When is it going to be law that when an officer of the law is asked for ID they will have to show it?
Commissions for writing tickets, not having to show any ID, not even presenting the statute is an invitation for corruption.

This is isn't rocket science, but then again it seems that in Thailand commonsense is not too common.

Just change the law, it would be so easy to do! Why is that not being done? Does the public have to formally tell the public servants they pay for with their tax money to change the law? The police force is nothing more than a legalized mafia. How is this acceptable on any level? Why stay "3rd world"?

Three steps to wealth

A. Pretend you are a cop and extort the more gullible [preferably drunk tourists].

B. Use extorted money to buy fake uniform/i.d. and gun.

C. Extort wider range of people using uniform and gun to threaten them with.

Edited by Bluespunk

This is a crying shame! What an horrible crime! Can you imagine? Disloyal competition! Stealing hard earned (black)(bribe) money from the police and other officials! 'Normally' (in Thailand) they are the ones taking care of providing all the fake documents (some) people need... It also seems (erm?) that the BiBs are main providers of illegal guns, powders, tablets, girls (eventually underaged), etc., etc. Guess the rates of the 'un-official' fines they charge for not wearing a helmet or (so-called) 'speeding' and more are going to climb when they lose other 'market shares'... After all, someone has to pay for the mia noi, the 'n'th house, the Merc, the gambling, and the rest, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Moonmoon said:

Walking around Khaosan I have seen signs advertising fake licenses all that stuff. How come its allowed there then?

...Because the ones selling the stuff pay good money for (kind of) a 'license' to do so. Do I need to write to you the colour of the uniform of the guys collecting...? A hint: it's a dirty colour.

Edited by bangrak

1 minute ago, bangrak said:

...Because the ones selling the stuff pay good money for (kind of) a 'license' to do so. Do I need to write to you the colour of the uniform of the guys collecting...? A hint: it's a dirty colour.

COLOR:SUGAR?  translation to thai: LOL

2 hours ago, Chama1 said:

Even the police are pretending to be police! How can you tell the real police from the fake police? You can't....just hand over your wallet.

So, if I say to the robbers, "I am going to report this to the police", one robber say to the other robber let's get them back to the police station so our buddy can trump up charges against them and also whack them nicely because they talk too much".

So be wise, just hand over the money quietly, everything will be fine. (simply because you don't know who you are dealing with).

"Robbers take good care of the police" never heard that before? Oh, come on, you are sucker or what.

One of my friends was a teacher. The one day he asked his students what they want to be when they grow up. Some said doctor this that. The one boy said a cop, my friend asked him why, the boy said because I want to be rich!

Even kids know what's going on!