"The Enigma of being 25" on crowd's lips as motorcyclists collide in Pattaya

webfact

"The Enigma of being 25" on crowd's lips as motorcyclists collide in Pattaya

8pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon

PATTAYA: -- There was one thing on the minds of a crowd that gathered when two motorcyclists collided head on in Pattaya early this morning - both seriously injured riders were 25 years old.

Most Thais believe in something called "Athan Benjaphaet" that equates to monumental or life changing things happening to people when they are 25.

Siamchon news mentioned it in the headline and details of the story of the crash that happened outside the Ban Sukhaphap pharmacy on Soi Kor Phai about 4am.

A video of the aftermath of the accident showed what usually happens in such circumstances in Thailand.

Sawang Boriboon Pattaya foundation medics arrived at the scene to find two Yamaha M Slaz bikes - one yellow and one grey - on their sides and next to them two riders with severe head injuries.

They were named as Sunthorn Sukkert and Nathaphon Suraban, both 25.

Siamchon reported that both riders were rushed to hospital though the video showed one rider, the larger of the two, still writhing on the ground after the other had been taken away with a woman in a covered rescue pick-up.

There was water on the road but the cause was unknown and police are studying CCTV footage in the area to try to find out what happened.

However, the Thai news media reported that the fact that both riders were 25 was enough to put up the hairs on the back of the neck of people in the crowd of onlookers.

Siamchon reported that this was a clear case of "Athan Benjaphaet" or "The Enigma of being 25".

Source: Siamchon

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-13

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

that happened outside the Ban Sukhaphap pharmacy on Soi Kor Phai about 4am.

It's quite believable.

a is the 1st letter of the alphabet.

4+1=5

m is the 13th.

3-1 = 2.

switch their places..... and 25!

These Thais, they're so far more clued in that us to the workings of the World. 

Most Thais believe in something called "Athan Benjaphaet" that equates to monumental or life changing things happening to people when they are 25.

I don't think it's so much to do with regards to their ages but more to do with the time of the accident and what they'd been up to before 4am !!

4 hours ago, trogers said:

A belief derived from watching young buffaloes butt heads?

That's why both sides did not wear crash helmets. Same same...

And young buffaloes butting heads have more brains then the average Thai rider, irrespective whether they are 25 or 55 which is clearly illustrated by the way they behave whilst riding.

Having been an EMT in an earlier life I look at the technique/organization/skills and medical protocol of the emergency services that we have here and they really and truly are total crap.  It's better than nothing but not by much.

Make sure you live long enough to get to the hospital and you might have a chance.

Looking at the great puddle of water it seems to me that neither fate nor butting headed buffaloes were at work just two bikers riding too fast in the early morning, the one approaching the water sees it late and swerves into the path of the other.  No magic, no ego's just pure dumb bad luck, apart from not wearing helmets of course.

The enigma of the dusk till dawn lack of policing in Pattaya.  Last night about midnight ten young would-be suicides roared up and down Sukhumvit between Pattaya Thai and Chaiyapreuk. At least a third had no lights.  I travel this route twice a week and have done for years.  I have never seen a policeman yet this racer gang are regular as clockwork. It will take a death or two before a committee is formed and policies verbalised.

On 6/13/2017 at 2:10 PM, DLang said:

It's quite believable.

a is the 1st letter of the alphabet.

4+1=5

m is the 13th.

3-1 = 2.

switch their places..... and 25!

These Thais, they're so far more clued in that us to the workings of the World. 

Is that their IQ?

whoever knows  even a tiny bit about statistics understand that this 25 thing is a bull.

tens of motorcyclists die on the roads in Thailand on a WEEKLY basis, so the probability that in 1 incident both will be 25 IS NOT THAT LOW!

the fact that the media Choose to post it and give it priority OVER all the other people who died that day/week on the road is their way of attracting clicks. (worked for me :))

Edited by Itay
Noticed a mistake in my post