More carnage as six dead after "sleeping" minivan driver collides head on with old folk's pick-up

webfact

On 6/13/2017 at 1:45 PM, Nong Khai Man said:

wHAT'S hAPPENED TO THE supposedly NEW Rules Regarding These " Death Traps " ??

Same thing that happens with all the other new rules.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, smileydude said:

Often the drivers are also the owners of the van and are trying to make as many trips as possible to maximize their income.  

In other cases the owners of the vans have incentives for the drivers to make as many trips as possible to their maximize their own profit.  

In either case,  lax enforcement of labor laws/ regulations regarding how many consecutive hours you can work and how much rest is required between these hours plus greed is to blame.

Nobody really cares until some celebrity or hi-so dies then society forgets and the vicious cycle continues.

The whole problem is Thai society has not yet developed to the level where the concepts of accountability or the value of each human life regardless of their socioeconomic status as much as more advanced countries.

We are stuck in our economic materialistic concerns and Thailand 4.0 bs.

That's a long winded presentation of the bleeding obvious. 

No i think 

21 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Did I or did I not read in the Bangkok post that the enlightened one was going to bring in Log Books within 30 days???????

No he was just having something to say He probly meant i should bring in log books in 30 days but i think i never bring them in Or maybe he was thinking i should bring in bank books in 30 days so i can see how much corruption money i have taken in the last year I have learnt in Thailand what they say is just a lot of hot air Nothing will change and more people will die and the Thai smile just gets bigger

On 6/13/2017 at 4:35 PM, Jeremy50 said:

It's much much safer to drive yourself. Keep to the left lane, keep your speed down. Plus, you know that your tyres are in good shape, and that you learnt to drive in a developed country  where it is often  said that the best drivers fail the stringent driving test a couple of times, before passing and getting a licence.

speak fer yerself bike and car  passed first time in the UK....................keep to the left, get crushed to death  by a  lorry up yer ars*.thats when they arent doing a 5  mile overtaking  maneuver 

4 minutes ago, dexjnr555 said:

You sure bash Thailand and Thais a lot, your favourite pastime? 

this is coming froma member with what.18 posts...we can talk when you have at least 20 posts

On 6/14/2017 at 5:07 PM, mok199 said:

sorry you took the time to read it,,i moved on after the fist sentence...

Good for you buddy.  So what's your wisdom on this problem if you have anything to add that is constructive?

Edited by smileydude

On 6/15/2017 at 1:01 PM, Lobber said:

but true!

Making fun of Asians getting killed in vehicles, bet you wouldn't do the same for Europeans etc. Asians always get mocked without any repercussions, but if you mock a Muslim or Black, all hell breaks loose.

8 hours ago, smileydude said:

Good for you buddy.  So what's your wisdom on this problem if you have anything to add that is constructive?

ouch.....mabey if you take time to read all the posts..mine 0955 go back a page ,my thought is posted..yes that was a cheap shot at dexjr555 ,but I apologized and I think we are cool..cheers

Edited by mok199
spelling

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

ouch.....mabey if you take time to read all the posts..mine 0955 go back a page ,my thought is posted..yes that was a cheap shot at dexjr555 ,but I apologized and I think we are cool..cheers

Didn't see your previous post but have now read it and see that you made some practical suggestions.  

It's cool....cheers.

Edited by smileydude

On 2017-6-13 at 9:49 AM, Moti24 said:

Better still, install tachographs in all passenger carrying vehicles, with jail sentences for mis-use.

In Europe truckdrivers used a spring from a ballpoint to cheat their tachographs.

Of course they would never do such thing in thailand since they are budhists.

On 6/17/2017 at 10:31 AM, Wim1954 said:

And then another brainless one hit you.

Been driving for 7 years in Thailand without any incidents . I had a couple of close calls but I avoided them by driving  defensively. And being focused on the traffic all the time. Worked so far , no guarantees but better me behind the wheel than a crazy driver. 

Edited by balo

On 16/06/2017 at 3:17 PM, dexjnr555 said:

Making fun of Asians getting killed in vehicles, bet you wouldn't do the same for Europeans etc. Asians always get mocked without any repercussions, but if you mock a Muslim or Black, all hell breaks loose.

Snowflake jnr watch and read:- Too bad your feelings don't count in this thread. People are dying and nobody gives a flying care. Too sensitive for you, truth is there.

Ban them, not in Thailand ...

I will make fun of anybody, any race, colour or creed, as these machines are designed to kill people, unstable, driven too fast and driven by morons. Their maximum safe driving speed is 80 K/ph.

Check the death rates in these things in South Africa alone, you can get 59 people into one of them, I know and I have seen it. Pulled out and counted the bodies myself.

People who get into these Final Destination vehicles are doomed anyway.

Known world-wide as the Toyota Hiace. Yes, the Hiace name stands for:-

H = High

I = Impact

A = Asian / African / American / Afro european refugees / Afganis / Arabs / Applies to anybody.

C = Culling

E = Equipment.

On 6/13/2017 at 4:45 PM, Nong Khai Man said:

wHAT'S hAPPENED TO THE supposedly NEW Rules Regarding These " Death Traps " ??

Forget death trap vehicle fixes and GPS and log books etc  and any other rules regarding vehicles - it is DRIVERS who are the problem! Until the Government gets real about the standards of driving anything else will merely be panting over the cracks and road trauma will continue unabated at a rate not acceptable to most modern nations.

And Thai 4.0 will still not make the nation modern, if they could only get past Thai 1.0.

4 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Snowflake jnr watch and read:- Too bad your feelings don't count in this thread. People are dying and nobody gives a flying care. Too sensitive for you, truth is there.

Ban them, not in Thailand ...

I will make fun of anybody, any race, colour or creed, as these machines are designed to kill people, unstable, driven too fast and driven by morons. Their maximum safe driving speed is 80 K/ph.

Check the death rates in these things in South Africa alone, you can get 59 people into one of them, I know and I have seen it. Pulled out and counted the bodies myself.

People who get into these Final Destination vehicles are doomed anyway.

Known world-wide as the Toyota Hiace. Yes, the Hiace name stands for:-

H = High

I = Impact

A = Asian / African / American / Afro european refugees / Afganis / Arabs / Applies to anybody.

C = Culling

E = Equipment.

Would you like a medallion for that?