What's needed to be done with my work permit if i'll transfer to another school? or applying new one!

hi all, This is Manikanta, i am an indian, i have a doubt please clarify, i changed  Phayao high school to anuban chiang rai school, now i have  both visa and work permit until 20 September 2017 and good thing is my former school does not cancel my w.p. because they already promised me and they will ready to give any kind of documents to me (if any case they need to cancel my w.p they will inform me before 10 days) so, is it possible to transfer or chaining (cancel old w,p and applying new one) w.p phayao to chiang rai, i heard from my Filipino friend,  few teachers successfully got there w.p and visa (i do not known the process )  i am waiting for your positive reply!   thank you so much!

Hi.  Someone else will do a better job at explaining this.

But I just wanted to let you know that the process is doable, but long and arduous!  I went through it and survived!

It goes like this:

You have to give up the first WP, then ask for a seven-day extension of your visa at immigration (bring letters from both schools with you).

During those seven days, the new school needs to procure a new WP which may only be valid for a few months, which was my case.

Then you take the WP back to immigration to get a new extension of the visa (or they may only give you the same period as the WP).

Then back to the labor office to get the WP extended for the full year.

If needed, back to immigration to get the full year extension.

There are fees all along the way.

Good luck to you!

17 minutes ago, heretostay said:

Hi.  Someone else will do a better job at explaining this.

But I just wanted to let you know that the process is doable, but long and arduous!  I went through it and survived!

It goes like this:

You have to give up the first WP, then ask for a seven-day extension of your visa at immigration (bring letters from both schools with you).

During those seven days, the new school needs to procure a new WP which may only be valid for a few months, which was my case.

Then you take the WP back to immigration to get a new extension of the visa (or they may only give you the same period as the WP).

Then back to the labor office to get the WP extended for the full year.

If needed, back to immigration to get the full year extension.

There are fees all along the way.

Good luck to you!

Won't work - he is changing province, the above can only be done if both employers are located in the same labour/immigration area.

2 hours ago, Manikanta said:

hi all, This is Manikanta, i am an indian, i have a doubt please clarify, i changed  Phayao high school to anuban chiang rai school, now i have  both visa and work permit until 20 September 2017 and good thing is my former school does not cancel my w.p. because they already promised me and they will ready to give any kind of documents to me (if any case they need to cancel my w.p they will inform me before 10 days) so, is it possible to transfer or chaining (cancel old w,p and applying new one) 

You do not have a visa - you have an extension of stay, (indicated by the fact that it is "valid" until the end of Sept).

OK, you are already technically on overstay as you have left the employment that your WP and extension were issued for.

As an Indian and because your new school is in a different province, you will need a trip back to India to get a new Non-B.

Be prepared for an overstay fine - and depending how long - a ban on entering the country.

8 minutes ago, 1SteveC said:

As an Indian and because your new school is in a different province, you will need a trip back to India to get a new Non-B.

Be prepared for an overstay fine - and depending how long - a ban on entering the country.

It can be done when changing provinces. It just gets more complicated.

He would not be on an overstay unless his current school has canceled his work permit and will only date a termination letter before he applies for a new extension at immigration with documents from the new school.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It can be done when changing provinces. It just gets more complicated.

He would not be on an overstay unless his current school has canceled his work permit and will only date a termination letter before he applies for a new extension at immigration with documents from the new school.

As he is already working for the new school, (without a WP or associated extension of stay for that school), surely he is on overstay, as his reason for his extension, (his last school), has ended. The termination letter notwithstanding, he is working illegally. I did say "technically" , and maybe he will swing it between the 2 schools, but I stand by my comment that the OP should be ready for a possible overstay fine.

Edited by 1SteveC

Hi guys I have a question for you all lets see if you Know the answer ! I have a friend who has lived here about ten years or more he has fast food restaurant and he has a Thai daughter he is from Germany he has put his business in her name and has managed to get a work permit which states general manager on it ! he has recently purchased a truck with cooler for deliveries and had the logo of his business put on the side for all to see ! my question is can he legally make deliveries of his products and food to the general public and charge them as he is a foreigner or is he taking a Thais job away and in this case is it illegal ? 

Can someone who really knows the law inform me correctly please ? as this friend says his lawyer says that it is alright to do and its legal as he has a Thai daughter and must provide for her !! 

1 minute ago, Ian Maxwell said:

Hi guys I have a question for you all lets see if you Know the answer ! I have a friend who has lived here about ten years or more he has fast food restaurant and he has a Thai daughter he is from Germany he has put his business in her name and has managed to get a work permit which states general manager on it ! he has recently purchased a truck with cooler for deliveries and had the logo of his business put on the side for all to see ! my question is can he legally make deliveries of his products and food to the general public and charge them as he is a foreigner or is he taking a Thais job away and in this case is it illegal ? 

Can someone who really knows the law inform me correctly please ? as this friend says his lawyer says that it is alright to do and its legal as he has a Thai daughter and must provide for her !! 

I would say that he could have a problem making the deliveries. What he would be doing would be outside what his work permit allows and it is doing a job that foreigners are not allowed to do.

I think his lawyer is incorrect. There are no exceptions in the law like he implies there is.

Sorry to tell you your work permit is issued for you for a particular job with the support of your employer.

Once you terminate that specific job, and start another, unless your employer specifically authorizes a change in your job description with the department of labor your work permit is no longer valid.

It may seem stupid, but it is government regulations,

I am sure ou are familiar with that from he Indian government also.

12 hours ago, 1SteveC said:

I stand by my comment that the OP should be ready for a possible overstay fine.

He very well maybe working illegally, however that is assuming that he is actually attending the new school and teaching of course.

Overstay is not applicable for one of two possible reasons, first one is as Joe has pointed out, the previous school has not yet cancelled his work permit, the second one is that although the OP is more than likely on an extension of stay based on work, he doesn't state that, there is a (albeit very slight) possibility that he does indeed have a valid non-b visa and not an extension of stay.

Regardless, he needs to get this sorted.

On 6/14/2017 at 8:03 PM, 1SteveC said:

As he is already working for the new school, (without a WP or associated extension of stay for that school), surely he is on overstay, as his reason for his extension, (his last school), has ended. The termination letter notwithstanding, he is working illegally. I did say "technically" , and maybe he will swing it between the 2 schools, but I stand by my comment that the OP should be ready for a possible overstay fine.

yesterday, i did my 90 days reporting anyhow thanks for your  information.

23 minutes ago, Manikanta said:

yesterday, i did my 90 days reporting anyhow thanks for your  information.

I will just clarify, I am not saying that you are on overstay, in fact, as stated in previous posts, so long as your previous work permit has not been cancelled, then you are not, the fact you did a 90 day report does confirm that you are on an extension of stay and not a visa.

However, as a word of warning to all, a 90 day report may not necessarily pick up an overstay, so do not rely on that as evidence of not being on overstay.

I know a guy (well) that was on a 12 month retirement extension, who, stupidly,  went out of the country without a re-entry permit, when he re-entered he was correctly stamped in for 30 days, except he did not bother to check this, he then went on to do THREE further 90 day reports in person with no mention whatsoever of any overstay, of course when he came to renew his extension again it was discovered, a 20,000 Baht fine and start again was the penalty then, now he would have been banned to enter for a considerable time, which would have caused a lot of problems for him.

• Like 1