Democratic U.S. lawmakers sue Trump over foreign state payments to businesses

webfact

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

You can't open your eyes for even a second to see what's going on?  How about this one....

[The Chinese government has granted preliminary approval for nine Donald Trump trademarks it had previously rejected, in whole or in part, The Associated Press found, a turn that is likely to fuel further allegations that Beijing may be giving the president's family business special treatment.]

[Trump's decision to retain ownership of his global branding empire has sparked criticism over perceived conflicts of interest and three lawsuits, including one filed Wednesday by nearly 200 Democrats in Congress, which allege violations of a constitutional prohibition against accepting gifts from foreign governments. Trademarks lie at the heart of these complaints because they are granted by foreign states and can be enormously valuable — whether they are intended as groundwork for future business activity or defensive measures to protect a brand from squatters.]

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/china-overturns-rejections-trump-trademarks-48032027

Ah and let's not forget how generous Saudi Arabia was to 45's daughter - after his trip there.

As long as he is connected to the businesses, he is profiting.  The real reason is to get at his tax records and business records anyway.  Considering all of these investigations deepening, it will happen eventually.  What will come of it, who knows?  It's better for him if it's all in the open anyway (assuming there is nothing to hide).

I do agree that eventually all his tax and business records will be exposed, but it obviously isn't "better for him if it's all in the open anyway". If it was he'd release his tax statements as promised.

Just speculating now, but after numerous bankruptcies he's no longer paying any taxes ( thanks to tax laws protecting developers ), and no bank will touch him with a ten foot pool except those connected to the Russian mafia laundering Russian money. This is why he's so in love with Russia, they own him.

Google is your friend, look it up, I'm too lazy to provide links. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

55 minutes ago, RobFord said:

I do agree that eventually all his tax and business records will be exposed, but it obviously isn't "better for him if it's all in the open anyway". If it was he'd release his tax statements as promised.

Just speculating now, but after numerous bankruptcies he's no longer paying any taxes ( thanks to tax laws protecting developers ), and no bank will touch him with a ten foot pool except those connected to the Russian mafia laundering Russian money. This is why he's so in love with Russia, they own him.

Google is your friend, look it up, I'm too lazy to provide links. Time will tell.

I have read almost everything.  All I'm saying is that he is a fool to go on with his BS.  If he had nothing to hide, then there wouldn't be all of these layers of lies and deception.  Others say it's a waste of time and money, but there is something there.  We all know DT is deceptive.  He thinks he and his minions can outsmart everyone.  Well, time will tell.  I'm having a party when it's all over, and you are welcome to come, if you like

16 hours ago, Redline said:

I have read almost everything.  All I'm saying is that he is a fool to go on with his BS.  If he had nothing to hide, then there wouldn't be all of these layers of lies and deception.  Others say it's a waste of time and money, but there is something there.  We all know DT is deceptive.  He thinks he and his minions can outsmart everyone.  Well, time will tell.  I'm having a party when it's all over, and you are welcome to come, if you like

45 just craves attention.... any attention. That is the reason - perhaps - he makes outlandish claims etc. He's <deleted> w/ the world. But maybe this will return to him in a way he didn't expect. Well hell he can ALWAYS move to Putinville.

18 hours ago, RobFord said:

If this lawsuit can force Trump to release his tax returns, it would be a huge win...for America. 

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

If this lawsuit can force Trump to release his tax returns, it would be a huge win...for America. 

One suspects it would also be a huge embarrassment, if not incrimination, for Trump.  That's why he will fight it all the way.  I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned, with the understanding that he would get a full pardon, rather than release his tax returns.

One suspects it would also be a huge embarrassment, if not incrimination, for Trump.  That's why he will fight it all the way.  I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned, with the understanding that he would get a full pardon, rather than release his tax returns.

He's more like the proclaim the court orders fake kind of nutcase. It's possible but I would be shocked if he ever resigns except for health reasons. Another reason he's so dangerous. He's starting to get cornered.