Luke Miller’s family vow to get justice after he was found dead in Koh Tao

webfact

It`s been obvious to me that somethings very spooky have been going on in koh-tao and I don`t mean the supernatural, but rather there is a maniac roaming about, a gang of killers or even some kind of cult group that murders people.

But this has become all about safe guarding the Thai tourist industry on that island and covering up for certain people, therefore the authorities will never admit there is a problem and as for seeking justice for the victims, I`m sorry to say the families haven`t a chance in hell by going via the official channels. Only way forward is if some reporters or independent investigators go in undercover and conduct their own investigations by talking to the locals, possible witnesses, friends or acquaintances of the victims and delving into the business activities of those in charge there.  As far as I know, this has not been carried out.

In the meantime it`s business as usual, all gone quite about the two Burmese lads, the murdered put to rest and conveniently forgotten until someone or a family places these events in the news again and guarantee this story in the OP will run out of steam within the next week or so.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

I don't need to Dan. You're the one who needs to provide a link to it's existence. But you can't, because it doesn't exist. Don't you understand how this works?

Yes you do need to provide a link to back up your comments below-

3) The cctv, which had been working perfectly earlier, stopped working or was erased for the period of the tragedy.

All I can find is -
We do know that CCTV footage places Luke at the Sunset Bar until the early hours of the morning, however security guards did not find him in the pool when they made their rounds at 5.30am the following morning, in fact his body was not discovered until around 7.20am
Perhaps the CCTV in the bar was switched off when they went home and did it cover all angles of the pool?

11 hours ago, robsamui said:

But with five debatable deaths over a three year period,  plus one blatant and undeniable rape and double murder, and including one inexplicable complete disappearance with no body having been found (only four months ago), any thoughtful person has to ask . . .  on exactly which planet is this considered 'normal'?

apart from the obvious case there is nothing to suggest anything suspicious unless you want to see them that way

the french guy who was at a 3 day pay trance festival (alcohol, mushrooms,LSD) commits suicide, leaves a note written in french to his GF or family..but..oh no....he was bumped off because he knew too much!! (you can use google to find reasons for tying of hands and many case of it)

nick pearson, was blind drunk and had to be assisted home and put to bed, no way that he could have woke up still drunk, decided to get up, go find his folks, go for a cigarette, go to find another beer, go for a swim..many possibilities...but no..he was done in because he talked to a girl in a bar.

christine anasley...posting on her FB how wasted she was getting, doing buckets and tramadol....but no way that could have been an accidental OD from a cocktail of the 2...oh no, she was done it too, because she was at the same resort and found naked.....(in her room, on her bed..of all the places!!)

and luke miller...again, posted about getting hammered, lots of drinking until the early hours.....but was done in because he had the same surname??

i don't know who the 5th one is. these deaths are over a couple of years, no deaths are 'normal', but with the amount of alcohol consumed and the behaviour that follows from some,  i'm surprised there are not more.

its funny how people here can state pretty much as 'fact' what and how these people would behave or do while drunk...

Edited by frank83628

3 hours ago, bannork said:

Yes you do need to provide a link to back up your comments below-

3) The cctv, which had been working perfectly earlier, stopped working or was erased for the period of the tragedy.

All I can find is -
We do know that CCTV footage places Luke at the Sunset Bar until the early hours of the morning, however security guards did not find him in the pool when they made their rounds at 5.30am the following morning, in fact his body was not discovered until around 7.20am
Perhaps the CCTV in the bar was switched off when they went home and did it cover all angles of the pool?

No I don't. We have ascertained that there was cctv there and that it was working. But there is no mention of cctv during the time of Luke's tragedy. You are truly desperate if you are trying to claim that cctv would be switched off at 'going home time' and that there would be only one camera which pointted exclusively at the bar servery. But you come up with these types of daft excuses on all the Koh Tao threads (such as Valentina Novozhyonova going to Bangkok to get medication (taking her snorkeling gear with her :laugh:)). It's quite obvious what your game is wrt Koh Tao.

@frank83628. It is true from a superficial level that all of the above deaths (barring Hannah/David) could be explained as misadventure/accidental. However, if one bothers to read what their close families/friends assume, it becomes cases of suspicious deaths in suspicious circumstances.  

For example, it could be presumed in Luke's case that had it been an accident, CCTV evidence would back that up. The fact that there is none, indicates that it was either turned off, or misappropriated and wiped out. That the security guards searched the pool at 5.30 without any mishap, and Luke's body was found at 7.00 in the pool has not been explained as to where he was during the earlier hours. That the coroner recorded an 'open verdict' is not conclusive either way.   

IMO, it is right for Luke's family, and friends that were with him on the night to require a better explanation of this unfortunate tragedy, given the known powerful criminal drug supplying element on Koh Tao, who probably are 'above the law', and the local police, and up the gravy train, who are being paid off to keep quiet to protect the image of safe tourism. 

Malpractice can occur everywhere in the world, yet Koh Tao has seen inexplicable deaths in the last few years which, in no case, is there indisputable evidence to support an accidental death verdict.  It's all been fudged over, and will continue to be the case for Luke, and when the next tourist 'disappears' or is found dead on the beach or in a swimming pool. 

That's the sad reality that Luke Miller's family faces. 

33 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

apart from the obvious case there is nothing to suggest anything suspicious unless you want to see them that way

the french guy who was at a 3 day pay trance festival (alcohol, mushrooms,LSD) commits suicide, leaves a note written in french to his GF or family..but..oh no....he was bumped off because he knew too much!! (you can use google to find reasons for tying of hands and many case of it)

nick pearson, was blind drunk and had to be assisted home and put to bed, no way that he could have woke up still drunk, decided to get up, go find his folks, go for a cigarette, go to find another beer, go for a swim..many possibilities...but no..he was done in because he talked to a girl in a bar.

christine anasley...posting on her FB how wasted she was getting, doing buckets and tramadol....but no way that could have been an accidental OD from a cocktail of the 2...oh no, she was done it too, because she was at the same resort and found naked.....(in her room, on her bed..of all the places!!)

and luke miller...again, posted about getting hammered, lots of drinking until the early hours.....but was done in because he had the same surname??

i don't know who the 5th one is. these deaths are over a couple of years, no deaths are 'normal', but with the amount of alcohol consumed and the behaviour that follows from some,  i'm surprised there are not more.

its funny how people here can state pretty much as 'fact' what and how these people would behave or do while drunk...

Do you have any links to the party that Dimitri Povse attended and what he did there?

Nick Pearson was no't blind drunk', and he was helped back to his room because he had a leg injury. But you knew that anyway and made the first bit up and omitted the second bit.

Wrt the scenario you have created for Christina Annesley, this is what the British coroner had to say:

"I've seen some emails regarding the effect of medication and so on and so forth and it troubles me that some of this information is not correct."

8 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Do you have any links to the party that Dimitri Povse attended and what he did there?

others deleted - apologies

From memory, he attended a New Year's Eve party with local friends, and consumed alcohol. I can't remember if reports state he was over any limits or not, or what his state of mind was, or what his friends said. However, after writing a suicide note in French, he managed to return home and hang himself from a high beam with his hands tied behind his back and without any chair/table within kicking distance.

If I'm correct, (and I will stand corrected, if not) I would call that suspicious - or at least, requires more investigation)..

28 minutes ago, samuijimmy said:

Several more posts removed, pointless bickering...

Regrettably, there are always posters who prefer to  criticise others, or are trying to have the thread closed down. Well done for keeping it open for a few days...  

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

From memory, he attended a New Year's Eve party with local friends, and consumed alcohol. I can't remember if reports state he was over any limits or not, or what his state of mind was, or what his friends said. However, after writing a suicide note in French, he managed to return home and hang himself from a high beam with his hands tied behind his back and without any chair/table within kicking distance.

If I'm correct, (and I will stand corrected, if not) I would call that suspicious - or at least, requires more investigation)..

Conspiracy theorist are truly desperate to twist every death on Koh Tao into murder to suit their agenda.

Hands being tied behind people's backs is more common Than you think.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-pictures-married-british-couple-9553893

23 hours ago, Khun Han said:

D'you reckon Luke was the one who switched the cctv off which had earlier recorded him drinking there?

Fact - A blood alcohol level of 140 mg / 100 ml of blood is not blind drunk for a regular drinker and,

Fact - Luke had trace levels of Ritalin in his blood, from his use of it several days earlier at a full moon party on Koh Pangan, where he drank heavily and, strangly, didn't do any of the crazy things that you and others are claiming he did on the night he died (without a shred of evidence by the way).

Luke was drunk (but not badly) and not on drugs the night he died. Read the report again and then come back and apologise for behaving like a twit with your misinformation. I expect Luke would still be alive today if he'd been drinking in just about any other place in the world than Koh Tao that night.

I know what I read. Please post the references  that you cite.  Show that I am incorrect by putting up the  medical examiner's excerpt that supports your position.

Your claims as to the  drug use are neither credible, nor plausible.

You claim the deceased had "Ritalin" in his blood.  Ritalin is a brand name for  Methylphenidate. It is impossible to know if it was Ritalin anymore than it is possible to differentiate between  Tylenol and acetaminophen since they are the same drug,. Tylenol  is a branded version of acetaminophen.   

You claim the deceased had "trace" levels of the drug because he had used the drug "several days" previously.  Where did the deceased get his drugs? You state that the man had consumed the  drug previously, for "fun".  Obviously it was purchased from a drug trafficker without any regard for dosage, or purity. 

The properly formulated drug has an average  half life of approximately 3 1/2 hours. If the deceased had access to the slow release version, it would have been metabolized after  8 hours. However, here is another deficiency in your reasoning: The slow release is not much use for recreational release because one wants the quick hit.   Crushing or grinding the slow release version defeats the slow formulation. The common method of abuse is snorting and this  is done to  give the quick high.

You claim  the deceased  had used the drug several days prior. Know what? It would not have been identified in the stomach fluids or blood had that been the case since the drug is metabolized after two days.   How do you know he had not taken the drug hours prior to his incident?

The deceased was impaired. You may not think he was but cognitive abilities and  reflexes are seriously impaired at the blood alcohol level he had. The man would easily have bene stumbling about and slurring  his words.

You state that he had been partying and  had consumed the drug previously. It is then quite likely that the man was also tired.

Fatigue + illegal drugs + alcohol = increased potential for injury or death.

it was an unfortunate sad event, especially since he was so young. The fact that the island is corrupt and that crime syndicates run the island does not change the fact that the deceased was  impaired at the time of his death. A conclusion of death  by misadventure is supported by the facts which you have acknowledged.

4 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

I know what I read. Please post the references  that you cite.  Show that I am incorrect by putting up the  medical examiner's excerpt that supports your position.

You claim the deceased had "Ritalin" in his blood.  Ritalin is a brand name for  Methylphenidate. It is impossible to know if it was Ritalin anymore than it is possible to differentiate between  Tylenol and acetaminophen since they are the same drug,. Tylenol  is a branded version of acetaminophen.   

You claim the deceased had "trace" levels of the drug because he had used the drug "several days" previously.  Where did the deceased get his drugs? You state that the man had consumed the  drug previously, for "fun".  Obviously it was purchased from a drug trafficker without any regard for dosage, or purity. 

The properly formulated drug has an average  half life of approximately 3 1/2 hours. If the deceased had access to the slow release version, it would have been metabolized after  8 hours. However, here is another deficiency in your reasoning: The slow release is not much use for recreational release because one wants the quick hit.   Crushing or grinding the slow release version defeats the slow formulation. The common method of abuse is snorting and this  is done to  give the quick high.

You claim  the deceased  had used the drug several days prior. Know what? It would not have been identified in the stomach fluids or blood had that been the case since the drug is metabolized after two days.   How do you know he had not taken the drug hours prior to his incident?

The deceased was impaired. You may not think he was but cognitive abilities and  reflexes are seriously impaired at the blood alcohol level he had. The man would easily have bene stumbling about and slurring  his words.

You state that he had been partying and  had consumed the drug previously. It is then quite likely that the man was also tired.

it was an unfortunate sad event, especially since he was so young. The fact that the island is corrupt and that crime syndicates run the island does not change the fact that the deceased was  impaired at the time of his death. A conclusion of death  by misadventure is supported by the facts which you have acknowledged.

cctv cameras turned off or missing cctv also seems to be a lie as Khun Han cannot find a news link to back up her statement.

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

No I don't. We have ascertained that there was cctv there and that it was working. But there is no mention of cctv during the time of Luke's tragedy. You are truly desperate if you are trying to claim that cctv would be switched off at 'going home time' and that there would be only one camera which pointted exclusively at the bar servery. But you come up with these types of daft excuses on all the Koh Tao threads (such as Valentina Novozhyonova going to Bangkok to get medication (taking her snorkeling gear with her :laugh:)). It's quite obvious what your game is wrt Koh Tao.

You have no evidence the CCTV was deleted. You have no witnesses to suggest murder. The guy was drunk, taking drugs and enjoyed living dangerously. Did you see his Facebook pages?

Valentina Novozhyonova said  herself in an email she was thinking of going to Bangkok to renew her depleted medical supplies of pills for bi-polar disorder and asthma.

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

:coffee1:

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/news/regional/coroner-rejects-murder-theory-after-bricklayer-found-dead-in-thai-swimming-pool-1-8008474/amp

3 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Yes, I especially liked the final paragraph-

In reaching her conclusion Island coroner Caroline Sumeray said Thai police reports had probably been the most comprehensive she had ever seen from a foreign force but there was no evidence that Mr Miller had either died as a result of an accident, a fight or had been unlawfully killed.

7 minutes ago, bannork said:

Yes, I especially liked the final paragraph-

In reaching her conclusion Island coroner Caroline Sumeray said Thai police reports had probably been the most comprehensive she had ever seen from a foreign force but there was no evidence that Mr Miller had either died as a result of an accident, a fight or had been unlawfully killed.

Which means that Caroline Sumeray doesn't have a clue about how Luke died. And it's hardly an endorsment of the 'deliverance' wing of the RTP's attempt at a thorough report (or, as Luke's family and friends know full well, thorough cover up).

Just now, Khun Han said:

Which means that Caroline Sumeray doesn't have a clue about how Luke died. And it's hardly an endorsment of the 'deliverance' wing of the RTP's attempt at a thorough report (or, as Luke's family and friends know full well, thorough cover up).

So what do Luke's family and friends know full well? 

Do you mean this?

His sister Maria said: "There's different answers everywhere, there is nothing set in stone, no actual facts have been displayed... I do have concerns about how it has been dealt with.

"I don't think anyone knows what really went on.'

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

Do you mean this?

His sister Maria said: "There's different answers everywhere, there is nothing set in stone, no actual facts have been displayed... I do have concerns about how it has been dealt with.

"I don't think anyone knows what really went on.'

You're either not reading my replies properly or being disingenuous. I made it quite clear I was referring to friends who were there in real time. There is a wealth of information available on this just by doing some basic googling. Not that I'm expecting anything but deflection from you.

Edited by Khun Han

Just now, Khun Han said:

You're either not reading my replies properly of being disingenuous. I made it quite clear I was referring to friends who were there in real time. There is a wealth of information available on this just by doing some basic googling. Not that I'm expecting anything but deflection from you.

Please post some of this information.

29 minutes ago, bannork said:

Please post some of this information.

I alresdy have. It's in the Worthington Herald link a few posts up :coffee1:.

Am I right in believing that Sunset Bar, where Luke's body was found, is owned by the infamous Tuvichien family?

19 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

I alresdy have. It's in the Worthington Herald link a few posts up :coffee1:.

Am I right in believing that Sunset Bar, where Luke's body was found, is owned by the infamous Tuvichien family?

So this is what it says-

An inquest at Newport heard that friends of Mr Miller were initially told by local police that he was seen to be assaulted at another bar earlier on the night he died and they were treating the case as murder.

So the friends weren't with him

But Isle of Wight Coroner Caroline Sumeray said the police contact could not be relied upon and added that he later told the friends by Whatsapp messages that police no longer believed he had been "fighting" or murdered.

His friend James Gossing was on the island but not with Luke the night he died.

Nevertheless he says:: "It's definitely a cover up, what they are saying and what I have seen with my own eyes are completely different.

So what did he see with his own eyes when by his own account he wasn't there that night?

18 minutes ago, bannork said:

So this is what it says-

An inquest at Newport heard that friends of Mr Miller were initially told by local police that he was seen to be assaulted at another bar earlier on the night he died and they were treating the case as murder.

So the friends weren't with him

But Isle of Wight Coroner Caroline Sumeray said the police contact could not be relied upon and added that he later told the friends by Whatsapp messages that police no longer believed he had been "fighting" or murdered.

His friend James Gossing was on the island but not with Luke the night he died.

Nevertheless he says:: "It's definitely a cover up, what they are saying and what I have seen with my own eyes are completely different.

So what did he see with his own eyes when by his own account he wasn't there that night?

Usual disingenuous reply from Bannork. Luke'friends make no claim to have been present when he died. If they were, it would be an open and shut case (or, more likely, more mysterious deaths). Luke's friends dealt directly with the aftermath, and were taken aback by the backtracking, lies and developing cover up. But Bannork will work out a strategy to deflect from this.

Anyone know the answer to my question about the ownership of Sunset Bar?

44 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Usual disingenuous reply from Bannork. Luke'friends make no claim to have been present when he died. If they were, it would be an open and shut case (or, more likely, more mysterious deaths). Luke's friends dealt directly with the aftermath, and were taken aback by the backtracking, lies and developing cover up. But Bannork will work out a strategy to deflect from this.

Anyone know the answer to my question about the ownership of Sunset Bar?

I have no strategy, I just don't like accusations without a shred of evidence.

4 hours ago, bannork said:

You have no evidence the CCTV was deleted. You have no witnesses to suggest murder. The guy was drunk, taking drugs and enjoyed living dangerously. Did you see his Facebook pages?

Valentina Novozhyonova said  herself in an email she was thinking of going to Bangkok to renew her depleted medical supplies of pills for bi-polar disorder and asthma.

There had been extensive discussion about Valentina's disappearance and that her diving gear was missing. This was why the police main line of investigation was a possible diving accident. But you, in your desperation to turn discussion away from other speculation, tried to sow the idea that she was in Bangkok collecting medicine, despite knowing all the above.

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

I have no strategy, I just don't like accusations without a shred of evidence.

On every discussion on every Koh Tao tragedy you have taken whatever position which exhonerates the Koh Tao mafia. And you have been relentless and tunnel-visioned with this strategy.

Just now, Khun Han said:

There had been extensive discussion about Valentina's disappearance and that her diving gear was missing. This was why the police main line of investigation was a possible diving accident. But you, in your desperation to turn discussion away from other speculation, tried to sow the idea that she was in Bangkok collecting medicine, despite knowing all the above.

You are attributing qualities of guile and cunning to me which sadly I don't possess. I picked up the story of Valentina's email regarding running out of medicine from a Thai language website if I remember right.

It was an interview with a Russian friend/ relative of hers. This was when she was first reported missing, before they started searching the sea.