Luke Miller’s family vow to get justice after he was found dead in Koh Tao

webfact

Just now, bannork said:

You are attributing qualities of guile and cunning to me which sadly I don't possess. I picked up the story of Valentina's email regarding running out of medicine from a Thai language website if I remember right.

It was an interview with a Russian friend/ relative of hers. This was when she was first reported missing, before they started searching the sea.

But you repeated it a long way into the discussions on that tragedy.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

On every discussion on every Koh Tao tragedy you have taken whatever position which exhonerates the Koh Tao mafia. And you have been relentless and tunnel-visioned with this strategy.

Exonerate the Koh Tao mafia! 

Hang en high I say if you have the evidence they have committed murder. String them up.

But to try to link every farang death on Koh Tao to the 'mafia' without a shred of evidence is ludicrous.

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

Usual disingenuous reply from Bannork. Luke'friends make no claim to have been present when he died. If they were, it would be an open and shut case (or, more likely, more mysterious deaths). Luke's friends dealt directly with the aftermath, and were taken aback by the backtracking, lies and developing cover up. But Bannork will work out a strategy to deflect from this.

Anyone know the answer to my question about the ownership of Sunset Bar?

As far as I know, the Sunset Bar is not owned by the Toovichiens.  I can't remember exactly who owns it, but can find out if you really want to know.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

So this is what it says-

An inquest at Newport heard that friends of Mr Miller were initially told by local police that he was seen to be assaulted at another bar earlier on the night he died and they were treating the case as murder.

So the friends weren't with him

But Isle of Wight Coroner Caroline Sumeray said the police contact could not be relied upon and added that he later told the friends by Whatsapp messages that police no longer believed he had been "fighting" or murdered.

His friend James Gossing was on the island but not with Luke the night he died.

Nevertheless he says:: "It's definitely a cover up, what they are saying and what I have seen with my own eyes are completely different.

So what did he see with his own eyes when by his own account he wasn't there that night?

So what did he see with his own eyes when by his own account he wasn't there that night?

The behaviour of the local police after Luke's death, the behaviour of the local Thais on Koh Tao, and Luke's body in the morgue at Surat Thani.

12 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

As far as I know, the Sunset Bar is not owned by the Toovichiens.  I can't remember exactly who owns it, but can find out if you really want to know.

I read on Andrew Drummond (I know!) that it was. That's why I asked the question.

Edited by Khun Han

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Fact. And another poster ridiculed your suggestion, with reference to Valentina taking her diving gear with her. Don't you remember?

I suggested nothing. I simply translated the article which was a friend of hers talking about an email from her in which she expressed concern about running out of her medicine and the possibility of going to Bangkok to restock. This was early on in the invetigation

Regarding Valentina, let's not forget she had never swum in the sea coming from Central Russia and yet she was determined to free dive in the ocean.

3 hours ago, bannork said:

Yes, I especially liked the final paragraph-

In reaching her conclusion Island coroner Caroline Sumeray said Thai police reports had probably been the most comprehensive she had ever seen from a foreign force but there was no evidence that Mr Miller had either died as a result of an accident, a fight or had been unlawfully killed.

And I particularly like this:

She added: "I can only record a conclusion based on the evidence before me, I cannot speculate about what may have happened. This is a court of law not a court of speculation."

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/news/regional/coroner-rejects-murder-theory-after-bricklayer-found-dead-in-thai-swimming-pool-1-8008474/amp

In other words, there was insufficient evidence for the Coroner to come to any other conclusion than record an "open verdict".  Note that the verdict was not "misadventure" which is usually the case in accidents, like jumping off the roof of the DJ booth at the Sunset bar, hitting your head in the pool below and drowning.

12 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

The behaviour of the local police after Luke's death, the behaviour of the local Thais on Koh Tao, and Luke's body in the morgue at Surat Thani.

We already have a description of Luke's body from the UK coroner.The same coroner dismissed the police contact- could not be relied on. 

The behaviour of the local Thais- did they say Luke was murdered?

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

We already have a description of Luke's body from the UK coroner.The same coroner dismissed the police contact- could not be relied on. 

The behaviour of the local Thais- did they say Luke was murdered?

You would have to ask the Gissing siblings.

7 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

And I particularly like this:

She added: "I can only record a conclusion based on the evidence before me, I cannot speculate about what may have happened. This is a court of law not a court of speculation."

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/news/regional/coroner-rejects-murder-theory-after-bricklayer-found-dead-in-thai-swimming-pool-1-8008474/amp

In other words, there was insufficient evidence for the Coroner to come to any other conclusion than record an "open verdict".  Note that the verdict was not "misadventure" which is usually the case in accidents, like jumping off the roof of the DJ booth at the Sunset bar, hitting your head in the pool below and drowning.

Without witnesses, access to the scene or obviously fatal injuries on the victim, how could the coroner reach any other verdict?

To prove misadventure the coroner would have needed more evidence which unfortunately is lacking.

17 hours ago, DiscoDan said:

Here is the link saying cctv places him at the bar.

Now show a link saying there is  missing cctv.

http://www.samuitimes.com/the-death-of-luke-miller-koh-tao-one-year-on/

You of all people will know that a Samui Times article is not a reliable source of information ...... and that's being polite.

8 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

You of all people will know that a Samui Times article is not a reliable source of information ...... and that's being polite.

So which information is reliable, apart from the coroner?

14 minutes ago, bannork said:
22 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Fact. And another poster ridiculed your suggestion, with reference to Valentina taking her diving gear with her. Don't you remember?

I suggested nothing. I simply translated the article which was a friend of hers talking about an email from her in which she expressed concern about running out of her medicine and the possibility of going to Bangkok to restock. This was early on in the invetigation

Regarding Valentina, let's not forget she had never swum in the sea coming from Central Russia and yet she was determined to free dive in the ocean.

This is what you posted in reply to Bkk Brian:

On 3/12/2017 at 1:27 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Without her passport which was also left behind! Somehow doubt she would head to Bangkok leaving that

She might well have done if she was just going on a round trip to buy medicine and then back. But who knows the state of her mind and who she was with?

Were there other people in the room she shared with 5 other beds? But of course they could be anywhere by now, in Thailand or abroad.

And this is Bkk Brian's hilarious retort:

Yes I must have been dreaming, its a real possibility that she headed to Bangkok, without her passport, without her phone or anything else, apart from her fins and mask that she decided to take.

And this is what you posted in reply to whoareyou several weeks later:

On 3/28/2017 at 2:34 PM, whoareyou said:

Long time casual lurker to busy to get involved but retired now.

Yes party didn't stop however many were booked for months or a year in advance and they pinned that murder very quickly.. Framed or not.

This is different. There is a chance a potential serial killer is stalking the island.. Much more damaging as he is on the loose.

Of course it could be a simple drowning but a body usually floats to the surface and gets beached.

Who knows we are all Speculating at this stage

This is not damaging in the slightest at the moment to tourism. A woman travelling alone, inexperienced (totally apparently) in diving in the sea, wishes to 'free dive' and disappears having taken her diving equipment. In addition she is bipolar, suffers from asthma and remarks before disappearing that her medicine is running out.

Unless her body is found, clearly murdered, I don't think potential tourists are going to suspect a potential serial killer. 

28 minutes ago, bannork said:

Without witnesses, access to the scene or obviously fatal injuries on the victim, how could the coroner reach any other verdict?

To prove misadventure the coroner would have needed more evidence which unfortunately is lacking.

The Koh Tao police managed to reach a misadventure verdict with the same non-evidence though, didn't they?

8 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

This is what you posted in reply to Bkk Brian:

She might well have done if she was just going on a round trip to buy medicine and then back. But who knows the state of her mind and who she was with?

Were there other people in the room she shared with 5 other beds? But of course they could be anywhere by now, in Thailand or abroad.

And this is Bkk Brian's hilarious retort:

Yes I must have been dreaming, its a real possibility that she headed to Bangkok, without her passport, without her phone or anything else, apart from her fins and mask that she decided to take.

And this is what you posted in reply to whoareyou several weeks later:

This is not damaging in the slightest at the moment to tourism. A woman travelling alone, inexperienced (totally apparently) in diving in the sea, wishes to 'free dive' and disappears having taken her diving equipment. In addition she is bipolar, suffers from asthma and remarks before disappearing that her medicine is running out.

Unless her body is found, clearly murdered, I don't think potential tourists are going to suspect a potential serial killer. 

She is/was  bipolar. I don't know if you are familiar with people with that condition. I am, one of my daughters is, and I can tell you anything is possible if they stop or run out of medicine.

But let's assume she was rational and took her diving equipment and didn't come back. She was in a dorm with 5 people. Has anyone sharing her room reported her meeting anyone untoward? She wanted to free dive, never had done in the sea before.

How many people drown in the sea in Thailand every year? 

Quite a few, if you look at the statistics.

Zero effect on tourist arrivals for sure.

36 minutes ago, bannork said:

She is/was  bipolar. I don't know if you are familiar with people with that condition. I am, one of my daughters is, and I can tell you anything is possible if they stop or run out of medicine.

But let's assume she was rational and took her diving equipment and didn't come back. She was in a dorm with 5 people. Has anyone sharing her room reported her meeting anyone untoward? She wanted to free dive, never had done in the sea before.

How many people drown in the sea in Thailand every year? 

Quite a few, if you look at the statistics.

Zero effect on tourist arrivals for sure.

Hilarious! You deny saying what you said and when you said it, I provide the direct quotes to prove that you said it and when you said it, you go off on a tangent about bipolar disorder. It's all deflection, deflection, deflection with you.

1 hour ago, TheLobster said:

Yes I don't trust what the write either but the conspiracy theorists love it.

6 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Hilarious! You deny saying what you said and when you said it, I provide the direct quotes to prove that you said it and when you said it, you go off on a tangent about bipolar disorder. It's all deflection, deflection, deflection with you.

I'm not sure you are on the ball.

I said at the time, quoting a Russian friend who had been in contact with Valentina (this was in the Thai press and mentioned by the police) that she told him about her concerns about her medicines running out and possibly going to Bangkok to renew them. 

It was a theory at the time and was reported but you probably missed it being unable to read Thai.

i'm not deflecting, I'm sticking with Luke Miller. 

5 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

Another article Re the cctv 

This time from the BBC,

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-35285866

Still waiting for Khun Han to show us the link about the missing cctv,

Another (old) article which states that there was cctv at Sunset Bar, and it was working on the night that Luke died, but did not record his death. Keep 'em coming Dan, though it might get harder the deeper you dig yourself into that hole.

3 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Another (old) article which states that there was cctv at Sunset Bar, and it was working on the night that Luke died, but did not record his death. Keep 'em coming Dan, though it might get harder the deeper you dig yourself into that hole.

Is it a crime for a cctv camera not to record a death?