Jump to content

Gunfire turns U.S. lawmakers' baseball practice into 'killing field'


webfact

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Usernames said:

One of the most lame responses I've yet seen on this forum. Ask barkeep for another, and make it a double this time.

Actually, what was lame was your attempt to divide and intimidate people by implying that urban folks (all bad) would be outgunned by the rural folks (all good) when they laid siege to the cities. Stereotypical right winger's wet dream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Usernames said:

And there you have it. A post that not only justifies an act of political assassination but one that even seems to find it a proper retribution because the targets were Republicans.  

You misread my post. I do not think this act was justified, nor think retribution is proper. I do think the gun laws in the USA are nuts and that they are that way because these lawmakers, among others, made them that way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, WaywardWind said:

Actually, what was lame was your attempt to divide and intimidate people by implying that urban folks (all bad) would be outgunned by the rural folks (all good) when they laid siege to the cities. Stereotypical right winger's wet dream.

Pounding the desk with your shoe yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

The poster you responded to supports violent retribution, not the rule of law, other Trump supporters encourage intolerance and violence on many occasions, including the head of the idiocracy, Trump. The lack of thought concerning consequences is astounding.

 

I'm not supporting this despicable act, but when it's the guys making those laws who are out of control, what other choice do the citizens have?

 

Perhaps the guy was taking literally the Declaration of Independence?

 

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

 

Edit:  If the MSM (and Dems) are to be believed, 23 million people will lose their health care coverage, compliments of the Repubs.  Not hard to imagine one or two thousand of them anticipating the loss of loved ones when that happens...  Of course, none of them will be Congressmen, since they don't have to live in the world they have created for us.  Their loved ones get great health care.

 

Edited by impulse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, impulse said:

 

I'm not supporting this despicable act, but when it's the guys making those laws who are out of control, what other choice do the citizens have?

 

Perhaps the guy was taking literally the Declaration of Independence?

 

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

 

Edit:  If the MSM (and Dems) are to be believed, 23 million people will lose their health care coverage, compliments of the Repubs.  Not hard to imagine one or two thousand of them anticipating the loss of loved ones when that happens...  Of course, none of them will be Congressmen, since they don't have to live in the world they have created for us.  Their loved ones get great health care.

 

Yeah, but attempting to kill politicians isn't going to change anything for the good, in fact more likely to worsen the situation. Kind of leads to how Trump supporters would react to an impeachment, based upon some members posts.  some would completely lose the plot.

Edited by simple1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Yeah, but attempting to kill politicians isn't going to change anything for the good, in fact more likely to worsen the situation. Kind of leads to how Trump supporters would react to an impeachment, based upon some members posts.  some would completely lose the plot.

 

On an aside, I think a lot of people who would lose the plot aren't Trump supporters as much as citizens extremely disgruntled with the corrupt system, who see Trump's displacement of establishment candidates as America's only hope for reform.  I'm not quite there yet, but I can see it within sight.  Not a fan of Trump at all, but hoping he's kicked in the door for more qualified citizen leaders to follow.  With the Dems and Repubs both doing their best to kick it closed- aided by the MSM and their corporate paymasters.

 

It'll be interesting to see what this guy's story is.

 

Edited by impulse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

 

On an aside, I think a lot of people who would lose the plot aren't Trump supporters as much as citizens extremely disgruntled with the corrupt system, who see Trump's displacement of establishment candidates as America's only hope for reform.  I'm not quite there yet, but I can see it within sight.  Not a fan of Trump at all, but hoping he's kicked in the door for more qualified citizen leaders to follow.  With the Dems and Repubs both doing their best to kick it closed- with the help of the MSM and their corporate paymasters.

 

It'll be interesting to see what this guy's story is.

 

Rather off topic, but personally I find nearly all Trump appointees, the essence of embedded self interest politics, by no measure have I perceived actions for the national 'good', quite the opposite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Yeah, but attempting to kill politicians isn't going to change anything for the good, in fact more likely to worsen the situation. Kind of leads to how Trump supporters would react to an impeachment, based upon some members posts.  some would completely lose the plot.

Let's forget about the actual violence that a Bernie supporter committed in an attempt to kill his political adversaries and instead talk about how YOU THINK Trump supporters might react to his unlikely impeachment. Nice one bud.

Edited by Rigby40
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rigby40 said:

Let's forget about the actual violence that a Bernie supporter committed in an attempt to kill his political adversary and instead talk about how YOU THINK Trump supporters might react to his unlikely impeachment. Nice one bud.

I was talking to the bigger picture. However, do you really believe this attacker represents Sanders support base??? Yet another right wing weirdo post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, simple1 said:

I was talking to the bigger picture. However, do you really believe this attacker represents Sanders support base??? Yet another right wing weirdo post

Yes we get it, anyone who calls you out on your bs is a 'right wing weirdo'. Try some other insults, this one isn't working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rigby40 said:

Yes we get it, anyone who calls you out on your bs is a 'right wing weirdo'. Try some other insults, this one isn't working.

Is this the second or third personal attack in this topic by you? Classic right of centre attempted censorship method.

Edited by simple1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

......and the Republicans are pushing legislature through to make gun silencers easier to get. :saai:

Link Please!

Machine-guns and silencers are already covered by the ATF laws,

it is the STATE LAW that dictates if they can be registered in a

State or not. Like OR, NV and AZ have Class III weapon's, CA doesn't.

rice555

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rice555 said:

Link Please!

Machine-guns and silencers are already covered by the ATF laws,

it is the STATE LAW that dictates if they can be registered in a

State or not. Like OR, NV and AZ have Class III weapon's, CA doesn't.

rice555

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/15/hill-republicans-try-to-ease-purchase-gun-silencers-as-nra-backed-trump-arrives.html

 

and now....

 

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/14/houses-cancels-events-including-a-hearing-on-a-gun-silencer-bill.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The internet is a powerful medium and while free speech and a free press is critical, so is responsibility for it.  The irresponsible noise level, rancor and rhetoric between political parties and their over-zealous  supporters,  the MSM, and this self styled "Resistance", has crossed a line in the sand. 

 

To be fair, Trump was complicit in ramping up the noise to begin with.  He viewed himself as a resistance figure in his own right - more a change agent than a resistor I suppose, but his clumsy efforts and hip shots were shockingly effective and terribly divisive.

 

However the organized resistance against him has used the internet and like minded MSM outlets with knowing efficiency, emulating a military civil action to form, organize and direct a dissenting insurgency to change government by procedure or coup - whichever comes first.  Crafting and nurturing the narrative, escalating tension, polarizing and dividing the citizenry with escalating bigotry and hate speech and rancor.  Keeping it in the forefront of the cooperative media where 1 paragraph of "new news" is spun into 2,000 words to recycle the talking points, over and over again.  They hit the glass ceiling.  Words alone will not achieve their aim.

 

This event is tantamount to the Orlando nightclub shooing.  A wake up call that The Resistance has crossed the line into the category of domestic terror organization.   I see little difference at this point between AQ or IS shotgunning overtures to its ideological affiliates or a "conservative" militia running around in the woods of Montana, preparing to fight the President from Kenya. 

 

The Resistance knew damn well their fomentation and increasing tension would, eventually, lead to some impressionable and/or unbalanced "lone wolf" committing an act of violence they can use to advance their political objective(s). 

 

In other words.... Terrorism. 

 

statue-of-liberty-holding-severed-head-of-us-president-donald-trump-ht8f2h.jpg.912ba5a4d19385a6354a0e4db63ac702.jpg 

Edited by 55Jay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

The internet is a powerful medium and while free speech and a free press is critical, so is responsibility for it.  The irresponsible noise level, rancor and rhetoric between political parties and their over-zealous  supporters,  the MSM, and this self styled "Resistance", has crossed a line in the sand. 

 

To be fair, Trump was complicit in ramping up the noise to begin with.  He viewed himself as a resistance figure in his own right - more a change agent than a resistor I suppose, but his clumsy efforts and hip shots were shockingly effective and terribly divisive.

 

However the organized resistance against him has used the internet and like minded MSM outlets with knowing efficiency, emulating a military civil action to form, organize and direct a dissenting insurgency to change government by procedure or coup - whichever comes first.  Crafting and nurturing the narrative, escalating tension, polarizing and dividing the citizenry with escalating bigotry and hate speech and rancor.  Keeping it in the forefront of the cooperative media where 1 paragraph of "new news" is spun into 2,000 words to recycle the talking points, over and over again.  They hit the glass ceiling.  Words alone will not achieve their aim.

 

This event is tantamount to the Orlando nightclub shooing.  A wake up call that The Resistance has crossed the line into the category of domestic terror organization.   I see little difference at this point between AQ or IS shotgunning overtures to its ideological affiliates or a "conservative" militia running around in the woods of Montana, preparing to fight the President from Kenya. 

 

The Resistance knew damn well their escalating efforts would, eventually, lead to some impressionable and/or unbalanced "lone wolf" committing an act of violence they can use to advance their political objective(s). 

 

In other words.... Terrorism. 

 

statue-of-liberty-holding-severed-head-of-us-president-donald-trump-ht8f2h.jpg.912ba5a4d19385a6354a0e4db63ac702.jpg 

Maybe you should set an example to Donald Trump and the rest of us and join an anger management group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't keep up on gun laws in the US since the 90's, don't live

there anymore, it's nice to know the QZ'ies are keeping track,

I'll sleep with only one eye open now.

They are big and bulky and make more noise than in the movies.

rice555

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No!

The anti-trump resistance is NOT a terror organization.:1zgarz5:

It's so disgusting that disingenuous trumpists are trying to exploit this incident in this way.

Who are they fooling?

Recently, trump's son who is clearly going places even the clown president won't go publicly (and that takes a lot) went on record saying democrats aren't even people.

Let that sink in!

Those that naively thought this tragic incident would bring more unity. Forget about it!

Within hours of it, we had republicans suggesting people resisting trump should not be allowed to say basic truths about trumpist policies, such as the FACT that if "trumpcare" is ever passed, it will directly result in the deaths of many thousands of Americans. 

trumpists ... nice try. trump is a national disgrace. He has no business being president. He is clearly criminally corrupt. The movement to remove him from office (PEACEFULLY) will continue and there is nothing you can do about it.

 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/06/14/beware_gop_calls_to_tamp_down_criticism_of_trump_in_wake_of_shooting.html

Beware of GOP Calls to “Tamp Down” Criticism of Trump in Wake of Shooting

 

 

 

Edited by Jingthing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No!

The anti-trump resistance is NOT a terror organization.:1zgarz5:

It's so disgusting that disingenuous trumpists are trying to exploit this incident in this way.

Who are they fooling?

Recently, trump's son who is clearly going places even the clown president won't go publicly (and that takes a lot) went on record saying democrats aren't even people.

Let that sink in!

Those that naively thought this tragic incident would bring more unity. Forget about it!

Within hours of it, we had republicans suggesting people resisting trump should not be allowed to say basic truths about trumpist policies, such as the FACT that if "trumpcare" is ever passed, it will directly result in the deaths of many thousands of Americans. 

trumpists ... nice try. trump is a national disgrace. He has no business being president. He is clearly criminally corrupt. The movement to remove him from office (PEACEFULLY) will continue and there is nothing you can do about it.

 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/06/14/beware_gop_calls_to_tamp_down_criticism_of_trump_in_wake_of_shooting.html

Beware of GOP Calls to “Tamp Down” Criticism of Trump in Wake of Shooting

 

 

 

hYsteriA!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

The internet is a powerful medium and while free speech and a free press is critical, so is responsibility for it.  The irresponsible noise level, rancor and rhetoric between political parties and their over-zealous  supporters,  the MSM, and this self styled "Resistance", has crossed a line in the sand. 

 

To be fair, Trump was complicit in ramping up the noise to begin with.  He viewed himself as a resistance figure in his own right - more a change agent than a resistor I suppose, but his clumsy efforts and hip shots were shockingly effective and terribly divisive.

 

However the organized resistance against him has used the internet and like minded MSM outlets with knowing efficiency, emulating a military civil action to form, organize and direct a dissenting insurgency to change government by procedure or coup - whichever comes first.  Crafting and nurturing the narrative, escalating tension, polarizing and dividing the citizenry with escalating bigotry and hate speech and rancor.  Keeping it in the forefront of the cooperative media where 1 paragraph of "new news" is spun into 2,000 words to recycle the talking points, over and over again.  They hit the glass ceiling.  Words alone will not achieve their aim.

 

This event is tantamount to the Orlando nightclub shooing.  A wake up call that The Resistance has crossed the line into the category of domestic terror organization.   I see little difference at this point between AQ or IS shotgunning overtures to its ideological affiliates or a "conservative" militia running around in the woods of Montana, preparing to fight the President from Kenya. 

 

The Resistance knew damn well their fomentation and increasing tension would, eventually, lead to some impressionable and/or unbalanced "lone wolf" committing an act of violence they can use to advance their political objective(s). 

 

In other words.... Terrorism. 

 

statue-of-liberty-holding-severed-head-of-us-president-donald-trump-ht8f2h.jpg.912ba5a4d19385a6354a0e4db63ac702.jpg 

I think you should do what shooter should have done: get anger management therapy. Only unhinged anger could explain the tendentious xxxx in your post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No!

The anti-trump resistance is NOT a terror organization.:1zgarz5:

It's so disgusting that disingenuous trumpists are trying to exploit this incident in this way.

Who are they fooling?

Recently, trump's son who is clearly going places even the clown president won't go publicly (and that takes a lot) went on record saying democrats aren't even people.

Let that sink in!

Those that naively thought this tragic incident would bring more unity. Forget about it!

Within hours of it, we had republicans suggesting people resisting trump should not be allowed to say basic truths about trumpist policies, such as the FACT that if "trumpcare" is ever passed, it will directly result in the deaths of many thousands of Americans. 

trumpists ... nice try. trump is a national disgrace. He has no business being president. He is clearly criminally corrupt. The movement to remove him from office (PEACEFULLY) will continue and there is nothing you can do about it.

 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/06/14/beware_gop_calls_to_tamp_down_criticism_of_trump_in_wake_of_shooting.html

Beware of GOP Calls to “Tamp Down” Criticism of Trump in Wake of Shooting

 

 

 

But I'm not a Trumpist.  And politicians and chatter boxes from both sides engaged in maneuvering for political gain before the blood was mopped up. 

 

They are not part of the solution.  Nor are extremists.  Of any stripe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 55Jay said:

But I'm not a Trumpist.  And politicians and chatter boxes from both sides engaged in maneuvering for political gain before the blood was mopped up. 

 

They are not part of the solution.  Nor are extremists.  Of any stripe. 

I don't give a fig what you personally are or are not.

You posted something totally DISGUSTING.

Suggesting that the anti-trump resistance is a terrorist organization. Total garbage.

Are you calling Hillary Clinton a terrorist?

You should RETRACT and apologize. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 55Jay said:

But I'm not a Trumpist.  And politicians and chatter boxes from both sides engaged in maneuvering for political gain before the blood was mopped up. 

 

They are not part of the solution.  Nor are extremists.  Of any stripe. 

Yes right. How many times have we heard from Trump's defenders "I didn't vote for Trump but..."  Look up "concern trolling."

You ought to at least know what it is you're doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I think you should do what shooter should have done: get anger management therapy. Only unhinged anger could explain the tendentious xxxx in your post.

Nice try, no cigar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Actually, what was lame was your attempt to divide and intimidate people by implying that urban folks (all bad) would be outgunned by the rural folks (all good) when they laid siege to the cities. Stereotypical right winger's wet dream.

Oh, my, facts seem to equate to intimidation and an attempt to divide in your mind.  And the facts are these: there are over 3000 counties in the US; left wing Blue counties are located in just over 140 of them; mostly those counties are on the coastline or in bankrupt Chicago and consist altogether across the country of less than 10 percent of the land mass of the US. Maybe Trump is building the WALL in the wrong spots.  Just put up one around SF/LA/NYC/BOS/PHIL and a few others and make the fictionalized Escape from New York a reality.  Nobody needs to lay siege to these places. People living in urban environment are already living on the edge. If even the electricity goes out for a few days, they'll be going after each other with baseball bats and broken bottles. 

Edited by Usernames
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...