French expat dead by knife in chest, Phuket police deem suicide

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

What can you expect when they send untrained tourist police to check the scene.

Surely if a person was going to end their own life with a knife it would be wrists or neck, not chest.

19 hours ago, esprit said:

Another "suicide" deduced by the keystone cops yet they don't know where his wife is !!!!!

At least it's a step up from the old one 'Heart attack', or the one where the 'foreigner' is sat on the toilet/floor with a noose around his neck, called a ''Suicide", and the wife, now I wonder where she was at the time?

14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

And the house goes to?

yeah, need to follow up on the house, rented, bought and paid for, etc. Check his monies, online bank accounts, if he signed over pensions, Retirement accounts, designated beneficiaries, transferred large amount of monies at the end etc.  Basic routine investigative work that will not be done by the Thai police.  Hope he has some friends or relatives that he confided in that can follow up a little bit on his finances.

21 hours ago, esprit said:

Another "suicide" deduced by the keystone cops yet they don't know where his wife is !!!!!

hahaha hahaha hahahah hahha hahaha hahaha    RIP unlucky dude .

How many of you actually read the full report.  His wife was in the garden.

"Henri was in the living room, on the computer when I went outside to talk with my friend – I was outside less than five minutes when I heard his chair shaking,” Ms Chalermsee recounted.

"The last thing I saw was Henri waving at me… I thought he wanted to go to the bathroom and I went to get his walker, and then the nurse screamed from what she saw,” she said.

On 6/15/2017 at 2:28 PM, colinneil said:

What can you expect when they send untrained tourist police to check the scene.

Surely if a person was going to end their own life with a knife it would be wrists or neck, not chest.

No in Thailand if the knife was in the aft then it would be murder..... but he used his right hand to do the wrong ting!

I suppose as he was reputed to be a doctor he would have known exactly where to place a knife in his chest to avoid the ribs and directly enter the heart, and by forcing himself forward with the knife in place it would be possible, but alcohol and an overdose of sleeping /painkilling tablets would be a more painless and comfortable exit. Sounds a bit far fetched to me, does not give one much faith in the crime solving process here. Still, shit happens, so it might be possible.

Edited by John1012

7 hours ago, HHTel said:

"Henri was in the living room, on the computer when I went outside to talk with my friend – I was outside less than five minutes when I heard his chair shaking,” Ms Chalermsee recounted.

"The last thing I saw was Henri waving at me… I thought he wanted to go to the bathroom and I went to get his walker, and then the nurse screamed from what she saw,” she said.

Well if the wife said so that's all the proof i need! Case closed. Ooooooor maybe they should check the whereabouts of the wife's gik Somchai. 

It may very well turn out to be a suicide but the least we could expect is some kind of police and crime scene investigation considering the unusual method of suicide. Or do you think the wife's testimony is enough? 

23 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

A lot of energy needed to force a knife into the chest.

He was a doctor, he would know the easiest way for the knife to enter the chest . I believe its possible , even if it doesnt sound right. 

On 6/15/2017 at 4:48 PM, Thechook said:

Aren't all farang deaths suicide to protect the tourist industry 

I am no expert.............this is NOT a suicide the Police here are absolutely useless and ASSUME everything...the French guys wife/lady friend murdered him for whatever reason so the B.I.B should be after her

Posts commenting on moderation have been removed, please be reminded of this part of the forum rules:

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the report function. We do have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary. Please use the report button only for posts in blatant violation of the forum rules. Misuse of the report button is not allowed. Removal is a manual process so please realize we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. Responding to objectionable messages is discouraged.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

22 hours ago, HHTel said:

His wife SAID she was in the garden.  That is far from conclusive independently verified proof that she was in the garden.