PM to lobby Trump over US visa cost

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen plans to complain to President Donald Trump over the high fee being charged for Cambodians wanting to visit the United States. Mr Hun Sen yesterday criticised the $150 fee and the fact it was not returnable in the event of a visa application being rejected.

He told graduating students at the National Institute of Education: “How can it be that if you get the visa you’re charged and if you to fail to get it you’re still charged? “This is no problem for rich people but people who don’t have money have to borrow it and pay it to the US embassy.

“For that reason they get angry with America,” he said.  Embassy spokesman Jay R. Raman confirmed the fee was non-refundable, regardless of whether a visa was issued. The fee covered processing costs.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/39404/pm-to-lobby-trump-over-us-visa-cost/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 16/06

I'm not sure if this is the reason why people 'get angry with America'. I think it more to do with the illegal invasions, the war crimes, the interference in elections in other states, the ignoring of treaties, the refusal to accept the scientific consensus about global warming, ad nauseam......

"This is no problem for rich people but people who don’t have money have to borrow it and pay it to the US embassy."

These are exactly the kind of people that we don't want coming to America, if they have to borrow money for a Visa, how in hell will they fund there Visit??  99% will skip and never come back to Cambodia.  Good Luck Hun Sen, US Visa costs are the same worlds over, we won;t change them for you.:post-4641-1156693976:

5 hours ago, retarius said:

I'm not sure if this is the reason why people 'get angry with America'. I think it more to do with the illegal invasions, the war crimes, the interference in elections in other states, the ignoring of treaties, the refusal to accept the scientific consensus about global warming, ad nauseam......

I doubt any Cambodian is upset with the USA about any of that. I'm thinking it unlikely many Cambodians even know about any of that.

Same in Thailand - you're refused visa - you don't get your money back "processing fees" 

and I love Cambodia - only problem is that desperate PM - milking the country for his own wealth 

Edited by phil2407
Mispelling