Officials seek to curb problems associated with high-rise condos

webfact

Officials seek to curb problems associated with high-rise condos
By The Nation

eed2d5ddfd0fa32a28a6eca5bb19c0f0.jpeg   

BANGKOK: -- A collaborative project has taken off in the hope of preventing Bangkok residents from developing Sick Building Syndrome (SBS). SBS symptoms include headache, nausea, coughing, sneezing, rashes, stuffy nose and irritated eyes.

“This is a new challenge as we try to promote good health among people,” Dr Chanwit Wasantanarat of the Thai Health Promotion Foundation said this week. 

As high-rise condo projects mushroom across the capital, more and more people are living in high-density, vertical housing. 

Most have busy lifestyles, with a lot of stress and little interaction with neighbours. 

A survey of people living in Bangkok condominiums showed 95 per cent of respondents said people’s failure to comply with rules posed a major obstacle to coexistence. About 67 per cent of respondents complained about a sense of unfamiliarity among people living in the same building and hoped condo managers would take better care of residents. 

Chanwit said an awareness of condo residents’ needs prompted the Thai Health Promotion Foundation to join hands with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and property developer LPN Development Public Company Limited to develop a condo-community-management model. 

The model has already been implemented at five condo communities by engaging community leaders in promoting interaction and educating community members. 

“Following the implementation of this model, conflicts within the communities reduce,” LPN managing director Somsri Techakraisri said. “Community members have shown greater acceptance of their community leaders.”

BMA official Mayuree Thaoladda said the model would also prove practical in other big cities such as Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen and Hat Yai. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318415

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-19

What Bullshit! Combining with LPN.....is this some sort of joke???????? I own units at various LPN developments and am tired with their property management division and their hopeless staff. I have more than 1500 pictures with dates recorded and also video recordings and also sound recordings to show how terrible they are.

4 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

What Bullshit! Combining with LPN.....is this some sort of joke???????? I own units at various LPN developments and am tired with their property management division and their hopeless staff. I have more than 1500 pictures with dates recorded and also video recordings and also sound recordings to show how terrible they are.

One wonder's then .....Why own units in "various LPN developments" if they're so inept.

What a frivolous and waste of time exercise, who on earth can you ' prevent' such

ailments from occurring? I read the article twice and still could' understand

how are they going to go about it, and what a nonsenses it is,

they see nothing wrong allowing another giant condo built few meters

only apart from the one next to it, depriving occupants from views, breeze

and sunshine, that's enough to cause people anxiety, irritations and loss

of values of their property....

95% said other people failed to comply with the rules, not them then! They have dogs and cats where the rules almost always say not allowed, drive bikes on the pathways around complex's, leave rubbish where they should not, play loud music and sometimes don't pay their service charges for years when they can well afford to. Moobahns are usually far worse though.

53 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

One chooses the community one wants to reside in. Whether you rent or buy, you first have to imagine the social group that the project attracts.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

What a frivolous and waste of time exercise, who on earth can you ' prevent' such

ailments from occurring? I read the article twice and still could' understand

how are they going to go about it, and what a nonsenses it is,

they see nothing wrong allowing another giant condo built few meters

only apart from the one next to it, depriving occupants from views, breeze

and sunshine, that's enough to cause people anxiety, irritations and loss

of values of their property....

In the Netherlands, it is law that no building will block the sun from another building.  

They can share, but total blocking is prohibited.

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

95% said other people failed to comply with the rules, not them then! They have dogs and cats where the rules almost always say not allowed, drive bikes on the pathways around complex's, leave rubbish where they should not, play loud music and sometimes don't pay their service charges for years when they can well afford to. Moobahns are usually far worse though.

Well said : this corresponds with my experience too

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Officials seek to curb high rise problems.

New laws will say all condo buildings to have a parachute fitted in every apartment.:cheesy:

Don´t forget the long eductaion how important the parachute is and how to use it. Just too expensive and just wont work.
Have to be 10 hour lessons. Longer than getting a driver license.

If they really want to do something useful they should work on the illegal daily rental problem which is causing stress for a lot of condo residents.  Hard to get to know your neighbor when someone new is moving in and out every day or so.

From what I have read, sick building syndrome is a result of the natural frequency of resonance of the building. Very low frequencies can not be heard but can make you sick, vomit and have excruciating head aches.

Just for the record very low frequencies have in the past, and possibly still are, being researched as weapons. Long Range Acoustic Devises are already in production and being used.

Edited by gandalf12

13 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

From what I have read, sick building syndrome is a result of the natural frequency of resonance of the building. Very low frequencies can not be heard but can make you sick, vomit and have excruciating head aches.

Just for the record very low frequencies have in the past, and possibly still are, being researched as weapons. Long Range Acoustic Devises are already in production and being used.

not to mention the invisible pollution of overcharged  gsm and wifi networks, bluetooth signals and many many more wonderful concepts that give you a happy daily living!!!!!!

12 hours ago, webfact said:

A survey of people living in Bangkok condominiums showed 95 per cent of respondents said people’s failure to comply with rules

my idea is this: enforce the rules equally with adequate punishments, and I guarantee it will be better.

Once this takes hold and proves valid, it just may be extended to enforce laws as well...

Nah, daydreaming again.

If they really want to do something useful they should work on the illegal daily rental problem which is causing stress for a lot of condo residents.  Hard to get to know your neighbor when someone new is moving in and out every day or so.

They need owners to confront juristic . But most owners just couldn't be bothered

We got all farang owners and did just that and it still took us a year of non stop harassing to get juristic on board and now problem solved [emoji16]

15 hours ago, webfact said:

The model has already been implemented at five condo communities by engaging community leaders in promoting interaction and educating community members. 

Sounds like hell. 

Hope they don't try this at my place. 

I like not interacting with my neighbours. 

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Sounds like hell. 

Hope they don't try this at my place. 

I like not interacting with my neighbours. 

pity!...some female neighbours are reall good in entertaining a man's willy willy!!!!...:clap2:

I do miss my previous married female neighbour out here where I currently am in Europe for summer:cheesy:!!

Edited by observer90210

18 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

pity!...some female neighbours are reall good in entertaining a man's willy willy!!!!...:clap2:

I do miss my previous married female neighbour out here where I currently am in Europe for summer:cheesy:!!

Nice and quiet where I am and that's how I like it. 

Thats all all I ask of my neighbours, married, single, male or female. 

10 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nice and quiet where I am and that's how I like it. 

Thats all all I ask of my neighbours, married, single, male or female. 

In that case, sir, I am more then happy to see somebody happy!!...enjoy, enjoy and enjoy...!!!!!:intheclub:

may I ask in which place you find your peace and quiet?

Edited by observer90210

26 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You may ask...

ok I understand, you want to keep it to yourself....wise move...as I was planning to build a few hundred party houses for rent in the area...:cheesy:

Edited by observer90210

20 hours ago, webfact said:

A survey of people living in Bangkok condominiums showed 95 per cent of respondents said people’s failure to comply with rules posed a major obstacle to coexistence. About 67 per cent of respondents complained about a sense of unfamiliarity among people living in the same building and hoped condo managers would take better care of residents. 

What rules?  I have roaches from the people next door, and they talk at the top of their lungs at all hours.  Luckily, Sansiri condos are virtually soundproof, but I hear them through the hallway.  What responsibility does management have to do with meeting people, and taking care of residents how?  Very strange wording.  Can someone decipher for me?