Size of pix for extension app?

Hi all,

Perhaps a silly question, but I have searched the forum and don't see an answer. For an extension to my non-O (marriage), several photos of my wife and I are required. What size are they required to be? And do they need to be printed on photo paper, or is regular stock ok?

Thanks for your help.

It depends upon the immigration office you apply at.

Some want them to be 4 X 6 individual photos. Others will accept them printed on standard A4 size paper.

I print the 4 photos I need as two  5 X 7 photos on A4 photo paper now. They accept them on standard paper but printing them on photo paper is my preference.

• Like 1

size wise not sure   previous posters seem to have the answers  i think content is important

ie they are not interested that you may have a swimming pool/beautiful garden etc just the pertinent info to indicate that you have a defacto relationship  with your partner and you are residing

at that address  you give

• Like 1

If you do your retirement or marriage visa/extensions in Bangkok at CW you can get the correct size photos make in less than 5 minutes on the first (BOTOM) floor where you can also get photocopies made i n the same shop..

5 photos will be done for 100 baht, a photocopy of your passport page is 2 Baht for each page you want copied

If you want they will even fill out the application form for you in Thai, but  you will have to sign it with your own signature where indicated. Filling out the application forms will cost you  30 Baht.

That's how that copy shop makes its money.

24 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

If you do your retirement or marriage visa/extensions in Bangkok at CW you can get the correct size photos make in less than 5 minutes on the first (BOTOM) floor where you can also get photocopies made i n the same shop..

23 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

May vary between immigration offices: Chiang Mai wants 4x6 with a blue background. 

Read the OP.  He is not asking about the photos for the TM7 application form.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Read the OP.  He is not asking about the photos for the TM7 application form.

...and the measurements that have been mentioned in the replies are in inches and the OP apparently understood it that way.

Whereas the application form asks for 4x6 cm photos, for glueing in the apposite space at the top right corner, the photos of the applicant for the marriage extension together with his/her spouse sometimes required by some immigration offices as part of the evidence that the couple are in fact living together have no specific size mandated by any official rule, which gives individual immigration offices freedom to accept photos of any reasonable size or to specify a particular size.