Khon Kaen student gets highest marks in the country to study law at Chulalongkorn University

webfact

Khon Kaen student gets highest marks in the country to study law at Chulalongkorn University

5pm.jpg

Source: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- A Khon Kaen school has thrown a big celebration after one of its students scored the highest marks in the country in admission tests for entry on the law degree program at Chulalongkorn University.

Chulalongkorn University is the most prestigious educational institution in Thailand.

Presented with a floral tribute in front of the whole student body at Khon Kaen Withayayon school yesterday was sixth former Krittarat Chumkaew.

She achieved marks of 80.27% in the tough admission test.

Director Dr Yuthasat Kongpetch said it was a very proud moment for the school and that it was the first time in their 120 year history that a student had got the top marks in the country.

Krittarat said that she loves the law and intends to be a good lawyer when she qualifies in the future.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-20

56 minutes ago, maewang99 said:

let me guess, a multiple choice "test"?

Don't be silly.

They're not allowed to copy either, and they didn't get to pay for special study practice doing the same test 5 times before the real one.

I was actually severely reprimanded for making a multiple choice quiz (for teachers) which gave 6 alternative answers and the instruction to 'circle ALL correct answers'.

2/3 of the questions had more than one answer. Someone circling one correct answer for each question could only score 67% (C grade) - and the one that did that was the head of the English department, the others all scored worse (D through E).

It doesn't matter how many times you tell them, at the start of a test, what they must do. They must always do what they always have done in the past.

They cannot pass a test if they have not done it already.

Thai students never say 'I don't understand'. What they say is 'I don't remember'. They just don't know the difference.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well done girl, not many people could do that.

The school said they gave the girl a floral tribute????

How much did they spend???? Looks like a whole 30 baht,WOW.

Last of the BIG spenders.

The amount of face she gained is not to be looked down upon.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well done girl, not many people could do that.

The school said they gave the girl a floral tribute????

How much did they spend???? Looks like a whole 30 baht,WOW.

Last of the BIG spenders.

She and her family will get rewarded handsomely.  You obviously have no experience in these matters.

53 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

She and her family will get rewarded handsomely.  You obviously have no experience in these matters.

Look again, my comment was about the size of the floral tribute.

Not anything else.

"A Khon Kaen school has thrown a big celebration after one of its students scored the highest marks in the country in admission tests for entry on the law degree program at Chulalongkorn University."

"Chulalongkorn University is the most prestigious educational institution in Thailand."

Well done to Krittarat, and good luck with her studies at Chulalongkorn University.

I wonder if Chulalongkorn University teaches that there are different laws for hi-sos.