Recent experiences at land borders with Non B w/out W.P.

Has anyone had any recent difficulties using a multiple entry 1-year non-imm B visa issued without a work permit gaining re-entry to Thailand at any land borders recently? Or any advice which to avoid apart from Poipet and Ranong? Or indeed any issues at either Don Mueang or Swampy on just flying out and back in every 90 days? 

• Like 1

Samui International Airport - never asked for WP, thus decided that WP is not necessarily needed for re-entry and never took it with me again. However some time after that I went to Malaysia thru Sadao border and on the way back I was forced to pay a bribe for not having a WP with me. Thus decided to take it with me all the time again.

Suvarnabhumi - never asked for WP for years, but last month was asked and the immigration officer was inspecting it so thoroughly that I assumed that rules changed now. Or he was just doing his work correctly not like the usual sabai-sabai person.

To sum up: I'd carry WP with me all the time travelling in/out Thailand, and if you don't have one - travel thru bribe-able land borders like Sadao or test your luck in sabai-sabai immigration points on the islands.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Can you explain me how to get a non B but then no work permit ? Thanks.

Yes in 2 ways.

Multiple Entry Non B issued for short business meetings (no work permit).

Multiple Entry Non B issued for employment, lose the job, cancel the WP, but still keep using the visa.

2 hours ago, lkv said:

Yes in 2 ways.

Multiple Entry Non B issued for short business meetings (no work permit).

Multiple Entry Non B issued for employment, lose the job, cancel the WP, but still keep using the visa.

How does that work?

Multiple non-B for employment...Lose the job cancel WP keep using visa?

You usually have one day to get out unless you get 1900 bht 7 day extension. 

Far as I know multiple entry is paid for after or while processing the visa. You lose your privilege when you lose WP...

Please explain...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

How does that work?

Multiple non-B for employment...Lose the job cancel WP keep using visa?

You usually have one day to get out unless you get 1900 bht 7 day extension. 

You are confusing extensions of stay issued by immigration and a multiple entry non-b visa issued by an embassy or consulate.

A extension of stay ends on the date the job ends. A visa issued by an embassy or consulate does not end.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fdsa said:

Samui International Airport - never asked for WP, thus decided that WP is not necessarily needed for re-entry and never took it with me again. However some time after that I went to Malaysia thru Sadao border and on the way back I was forced to pay a bribe for not having a WP with me. Thus decided to take it with me all the time again.

Suvarnabhumi - never asked for WP for years, but last month was asked and the immigration officer was inspecting it so thoroughly that I assumed that rules changed now. Or he was just doing his work correctly not like the usual sabai-sabai person.

To sum up: I'd carry WP with me all the time travelling in/out Thailand, and if you don't have one - travel thru bribe-able land borders like Sadao or test your luck in sabai-sabai immigration points on the islands.

Forget about Sadao, very stringent immigartion officers there. If there is anything wrong with your documents then they will refuse you entry and issue to you a letter refusing entry. This is fact, not heresay.

43 minutes ago, bangkokairportlink said:

So we just need a document saying that we have a job to do in Thailand to get a non B multi ?

Why no more people are using it ? It's not difficult to write on a document that you have a job to do...

Not so easy. You need a stack of paperwork from a Thai registered Company that states you are being offered a job. Search TV you will get the info. 

The stack of paperwork gets you the visa then you get the WP.

Your idea would mean I could write a letter saying I have Thai wife and that would be enough to get my non O multi.

Wish it was that easy.

??

• Like 2

I suppose my question is for those who have a 1-year non imm B multiple entry visa how frequently if at all,  you are being required to show a wp.  Is fdsa's experience now more commonplace? And if one does not have a wp to be able to show is this sufficient for a denial of entry? Many thanks for any experiences as this is the first visa of this type that I have obtained.

52 minutes ago, gilo said:

I suppose my question is for those who have a 1-year non imm B multiple entry visa how frequently if at all,  you are being required to show a wp.  Is fdsa's experience now more commonplace? And if one does not have a wp to be able to show is this sufficient for a denial of entry? Many thanks for any experiences as this is the first visa of this type that I have obtained.

My thoughts are that being a multi entry B you have to leave return every 90 days as I do on my multi O and doing it by air it is less likely that you will be asked to show a WP.

I'm saying this because I reckon that people flying in and out on a multi B are more likely to be people who come and go for business/sales meetings etc. 

Others who are here working on a multi B are more likely to be checked at land borders.

Not sure if my answer helps you.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

So we just need a document saying that we have a job to do in Thailand to get a non B multi ?

Why no more people are using it ? It's not difficult to write on a document that you have a job to do...

You need a bunch of documents to actually get a None-B-ME which is valid for one year. Company documents, copy of id cards or passport of the directors, tax documents, capital paid up etc.

• Like 1