? For DTAC Users

Gonzo the Face

Anyone out  there use the Dtac 5AM to 5PM free calls to other Dtac phones program?  Is this being phased out?   I renewed yesterday [on/by internet] and this morning a message arrives stating that the last period has been renewed  and will be good til midnight tonight.    Anyone know about this or if not I guess a trip down to Dtac is in order.

Try using, "LINE" makes completely free calls to ANYWHERE to another LINE user,,, works over wifi, or 3G... also does video chats,,, works nearly flawlessly with a good connection,,, EVERY single Thai person I know uses "LINE",,,  FaceBook, "Messenger" does the same,,, works independent of FaceBook,,, Also, "WhatsApp",, I know for fact, that at least "LINE",,, when you register you're mobil number in it,, will search your contacts list, and automatically add anyone to your "LINE", that's in your contacts, that also uses "LINE"....  

I know that all the carriers have a normal dialing code for dialing out of Thailand, and a discount code,,,, DTAC's is "4".... So when I normally call the USA direct, I'd dial, "001XXX-XXX-XXXX"... To dial out on DTAC's discount line it's,, "0041 XXX-XXX-XXXX" If you're dialing another country,, I'm sure the "4" still works, if inserted correctly in the series of numbers you're dialing now.. It's quite a bit cheaper... 

I normally use " one to call " but last time I topped up with dtac , well I received quite a few texts from them and mostly in Thai and my 200 baht top up has finished without too many calls . Does dtac charge your phone by sending their texts ?

On the " line app " great when it works but many times it does not connect here in Thailand  and I have to use normal calls but having said that I spoke to my son on " Line " in the UK for 15 minutes yesterday and service was clear as a bell .  Pot luck I suppose . 

38 minutes ago, superal said:

I normally use " one to call " but last time I topped up with dtac , well I received quite a few texts from them and mostly in Thai and my 200 baht top up has finished without too many calls . Does dtac charge your phone by sending their texts ?

On the " line app " great when it works but many times it does not connect here in Thailand  and I have to use normal calls but having said that I spoke to my son on " Line " in the UK for 15 minutes yesterday and service was clear as a bell .  Pot luck I suppose . 

You can ring Dtac service centre and tell them that you do not want adverts texted to you .I did and the adverts have stopped 2 or 3 years now .

16 minutes ago, anto said:

You can ring Dtac service centre and tell them that you do not want adverts texted to you .I did and the adverts have stopped 2 or 3 years now .

many thanks 

Archived