New passport

I have a new passport waiting for me at the consulate. Currently on a tourist visa 30 day extension. Do I need to go to immigration or can things be sorted out at immigration at the border if I bring both passports? Read some other threads but couldnt really understand 100%.

Thx!

Which consulate and what nationality?

I am a U.S.national, and when I received my new passport a couple of months back, they also handed me a form letter asking Bangkok immigration to transfer my current visa from my old passport to my new passport.

I went to CW in Bangkok and presented this form letter where they transferred the old current visa info to my new passport.

if you are NOT a U.S. citizen, then this info may not apply to your particular case however.

Not to be rude,, but if you ask a clear and specific question, I will try to give the best clear and specific answer I can to that question.

At some border crossing it can be a problem if you have applied for a 30 day extension of your 60 day entry from a tourist visa to do the transfer.

For example this from the website of  a company that does the runs to Ban Laem.

Contact us if your overstay is more than 20 days, if you have to transfer passport or cancel a valid Non Immigrant Visa.

If you have an extension immigration will do the stamp transfer.If not they may tell you to do it on departure from the country.

You will need a letter from your embassy requesting the stamp transfer at most immigration offices to do the transfer.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Which consulate and what nationality?

I am a U.S.national, and when I received my new passport a couple of months back, they also handed me a form letter asking Bangkok immigration to transfer my current visa from my old passport to my new passport.

I went to CW in Bangkok and presented this form letter where they transferred the old current visa info to my new passport.

also usa; this is what happened to me via c mai; worked fine, just remember to take BOTH passports to thai imm;

i also took the letter however it seems , depending on the office, that letter might not be vital;

you also need to know that the passport numbers change/are different;

those numbers are used for various things in thai; hospital id cards and such