Wimbledon champion Boris Becker declared bankrupt

webfact

Wimbledon champion Boris Becker declared bankrupt

LONDON: -- Three-time Wimbledon tennis champion Boris Becker has been declared bankrupt by a London bankruptcy court.

The 49-year-old owed a firm of private bankers a large sum and the court registrar said there was not enough credible evidence that he could pay.

Mr Becker's lawyers asked for a final chance to pay with the funds from remortgaging a property in Majorca. Mr Becker, now a coach and TV pundit for the BBC and other media, was not at the hearing in London.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40358006

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-06-22

George Best said it best...

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.

I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep.

I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World......

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

George Best said it best...

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.

I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep.

I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World......

Luv this post, very clever.:thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, freebyrd said:

GB dying at 59 having been a train wreck for years before that wasn't so clever.

Freebyrd why are yo so negative ? Someone pxss on your cornflakes?

Edited by catman20

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

Luv this post, very clever.:thumbsup:

Yes, unfortunately his waste of taxpayer funds on liver transplants and wouldn't stop drinking is a nasty stain on his memory. 

1 hour ago, freebyrd said:

GB dying at 59 having been a train wreck for years before that wasn't so clever.

maybe . but if you want to die a happy man , find what you love, and let it kill you . 

GB  died when he turned yellow again, and as miserable as a man could be.

THAT is called alcoholism.....and the worst addiction on this planet.

Booze talk doesn't change a thing.

But i do not thing he went bankrupt like BB.

1 minute ago, AhFarangJa said:

I would hazard a guess that his managers, and financial advisors, plus the other hangers on are sitting pretty, thank you very much....

Nail on the head.

It is estimated Becker was worth 100 Million. He was awesome at...........Tennis! Not financial management. He relied on financial advisors and managers all of whom gave pitiful advice. Losing a 100 Mill is no easy task, it probably takes careful planning........on the part of the advisors. Poor Becker, he was awesome.

3 hours ago, freebyrd said:

In an age when many live to a ripe old age being happy with their lot, why check out at 59? I just don't see it and I've been a dog in my day, but not to the point of destroying myself.

Like I said in an earlier post, if it's your want to emulate GB, go ahead........

To put a really mean spin on it, there is also the matter of huge public funds being spent on healthcare....transplants....on someone who effectively committed suicide by drinking again, like JR Dallas. 

4 hours ago, freebyrd said:

In an age when many live to a ripe old age being happy with their lot, why check out at 59? I just don't see it and I've been a dog in my day, but not to the point of destroying myself.

Like I said in an earlier post, if it's your want to emulate GB, go ahead........

Few could lace GB's boot laces, let alone emulate him.