Bar work

lisatat

Its on the list of jobs that only Thais can do

1. Agriculture Business: orchids, cultivation, animal husbandry including silk worm raising, timbering, fishing.
2. Industrial & Handicraft: Rice milling, Flour making, sugar, alcohol & non alcohol drinks, Ice cream, Pharmaceutical manufacturing, cold storage, timber, gold, silver and inlaid stone, wood carving, lacquer-ware, match making, cement etc, Dynamiting rocks, Manufacturing garments & shoes, Printing, newspaper publishing, silk weaving or silk printing, manufacture of finished products in silk.
3. Commercial: all retailing not in category C. Or trading not in Category C, selling food an drinks, trading of antiques & fine arts.
4. Service Industry: Tour agency, Hotels except Hotel management, photography, laundering, dress making and service jobs.
5. Land, water & i.e.  Transport.

More specifically,

foreign workers from Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia have been given an indulgence to work in the Kingdom in 2 occupations, which are 1) Labour work and 2) Domestic work.

Edited by Peterw42

Probably just want tea money

Look at all the shop fronts around operating agencies like, real estate, insurance, dive agencies, car and bike rental agencies to name a few, all operated by foreigners with no Thai staff, these jobs are for Thai nationals only as well, as long as farangs have shallow pockets and no Thais complain about the illegal competition  no problem   

Burmese work in all sorts of jobs here, whether legally allowed or not.

I've seen them in shops, plant nurseries, et al. And I recall a few years back a Burmese man working in a beach sunbed hire business kicking sand in a tourists face and ordering her off "his" beach.

That won't stop anyone.  Here in CM a large number of wait staff are from Myanmar.  I know a number of shop owners, Thai and farang, who hire them.  Perhaps they are doing jobs for wages that even Thais won't accept.  It's a cat and mouse game that won't end.

14 minutes ago, connda said:

That won't stop anyone.  Here in CM a large number of wait staff are from Myanmar.  I know a number of shop owners, Thai and farang, who hire them.  Perhaps they are doing jobs for wages that even Thais won't accept.  It's a cat and mouse game that won't end.

They are mostly minimum wage jobs and Thai"s do not want them in Phuket, rather sit on their bums and do nothing and have someone else support them if they can get away with it

A local restaurant we use regularly is battling to get and keep decent staff even from Burma

On 2017-6-23 at 10:40 AM, madmax2 said:

Probably just want tea money

Look at all the shop fronts around operating agencies like, real estate, insurance, dive agencies, car and bike rental agencies to name a few, all operated by foreigners with no Thai staff, these jobs are for Thai nationals only as well, as long as farangs have shallow pockets and no Thais complain about the illegal competition  no problem   

I think good move thais need a job before underpaid Burmese workers " about time , maybe thai crime will drop when back in work " old saying  when no job have to feed family some how " crime goes up " Burmese dont just do cleaning jobs that's a flurffy & bull dust they work construction rampant on koh samui all over the country " Resteraunts , bars. They are taking thai jobs under the award amount  of pay so owners of all these businesses are maximizing profits at thais experience " didn't trump say American jobs for Americans first ! i agree same should be in thailand to many farang owner's making money off backs of Burmese workers at a lower rate of pay while living in thailand because they say they love thailand all at thai peoples expence , thats why they left there own country within th EU polish etc ,people were taking ad example UK jobs at much lower rate of pay leave move to thailand and do same thing for the reason  they left. Start and Hit Bangkok hard next all over the country solve a lot of crime  , if a farang worked like that in thailand with out work permits arrested and deported banned for 5 years ! go soi 3 nana all Arabs , Burmese, indians  , Nepalese , workers then go mbk no thais own the stores anymore they had to sell as greedy Chinese thais who own the country thanks to. Rama 5. the jaunta  are so worried about  farangs coming for  a holidays and staying longer asking for 3 x 3 month visas or double entrys are go back  your county and apply then come back , yet spending money making it harder for visas everyone going to vietnam easy online hassle free : jaunt shoul start at sukhumvit soi 3 and work all the way up can round up 1000s of illegals in one night or day ! But police tea money effected . So they dont do just let there own people with out a job's . Up goes crime as it has for 3 years and mor so this year " So ! yes great start in phuket and do the hole country ! PM jaunta are not elected they should go and lose there comfortabl jobs or do his job as he keeps sproking off tell thais what to do nanny gossip " also to occupied and worried about  pelvic thrusts of the young country girls singer + young people enjoying themselve in a depressing the whole country they have created this mess , at least try  do something right and make sure all thais have a job first before top up from poorer neighbours " Thats to sensible for thai jaunta so it wont happen .as they have to get rid of there house maids . Chok de cup .

Just now, Mad mick said:

Ok great where you from not that i care i like my rants dont read them might do your self s favour. Punctuation worries you , really get s life 

Will do, I love to do myself this kind of favours :-))

???????????

45 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

I think good move thais need a job before underpaid Burmese workers " about time , maybe thai crime will drop when back in work " old saying  when no job have to feed family some how " crime goes up " Burmese dont just do cleaning jobs that's a flurffy & bull dust they work construction rampant on koh samui all over the country " Resteraunts , bars. They are taking thai jobs under the award amount  of pay so owners of all these businesses are maximizing profits at thais experience " didn't trump say American jobs for Americans first ! i agree same should be in thailand to many farang owner's making money off backs of Burmese workers at a lower rate of pay while living in thailand because they say they love thailand all at thai peoples expence , thats why they left there own country within th EU polish etc ,people were taking ad example UK jobs at much lower rate of pay leave move to thailand and do same thing for the reason  they left. Start and Hit Bangkok hard next all over the country solve a lot of crime  , if a farang worked like that in thailand with out work permits arrested and deported banned for 5 years ! go soi 3 nana all Arabs , Burmese, indians  , Nepalese , workers then go mbk no thais own the stores anymore they had to sell as greedy Chinese thais who own the country thanks to. Rama 5. the jaunta  are so worried about  farangs coming for  a holidays and staying longer asking for 3 x 3 month visas or double entrys are go back  your county and apply then come back , yet spending money making it harder for visas everyone going to vietnam easy online hassle free : jaunt shoul start at sukhumvit soi 3 and work all the way up can round up 1000s of illegals in one night or day ! But police tea money effected . So they dont do just let there own people with out a job's . Up goes crime as it has for 3 years and mor so this year " So ! yes great start in phuket and do the hole country ! PM jaunta are not elected they should go and lose there comfortabl jobs or do his job as he keeps sproking off tell thais what to do nanny gossip " also to occupied and worried about  pelvic thrusts of the young country girls singer + young people enjoying themselve in a depressing the whole country they have created this mess , at least try  do something right and make sure all thais have a job first before top up from poorer neighbours " Thats to sensible for thai jaunta so it wont happen .as they have to get rid of there house maids . Chok de cup .

?????????

44 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

I got as far as "I think good move"..........

6 hours ago, Mad mick said:

I think good move thais need a job before underpaid Burmese workers " about time , maybe thai crime will drop when back in work " old saying  when no job have to feed family some how " crime goes up " Burmese dont just do cleaning jobs that's a flurffy & bull dust they work construction rampant on koh samui all over the country " Resteraunts , bars.

They are taking thai jobs under the award amount  of pay so owners of all these businesses are maximizing profits at thais experience " didn't trump say American jobs for Americans first ! i agree same should be in thailand to many farang owner's making money off backs of Burmese workers at a lower rate of pay while living in thailand because they say they love thailand all at thai peoples expence , thats why they left there own country within th EU polish etc ,people were taking ad example UK jobs at much lower rate of pay leave move to thailand and do same thing for the reason  they left.

Start and Hit Bangkok hard next all over the country solve a lot of crime  , if a farang worked like that in thailand with out work permits arrested and deported banned for 5 years ! go soi 3 nana all Arabs , Burmese, indians  , Nepalese , workers then go mbk no thais own the stores anymore they had to sell as greedy Chinese thais who own the country thanks to. Rama 5. the jaunta  are so worried about  farangs coming for  a holidays and staying longer asking for 3 x 3 month visas or double entrys are go back  your county and apply then come back , yet spending money making it harder for visas everyone going to vietnam easy online hassle free : jaunt shoul start at sukhumvit soi 3 and work all the way up can round up 1000s of illegals in one night or day ! But police tea money effected . So they dont do just let there own people with out a job's .

Up goes crime as it has for 3 years and mor so this year " So ! yes great start in phuket and do the hole country ! PM jaunta are not elected they should go and lose there comfortabl jobs or do his job as he keeps sproking off tell thais what to do nanny gossip " also to occupied and worried about  pelvic thrusts of the young country girls singer + young people enjoying themselve in a depressing the whole country they have created this mess , at least try  do something right and make sure all thais have a job first before top up from poorer neighbours " Thats to sensible for thai jaunta so it wont happen .as they have to get rid of there house maids . Chok de cup .

Actually quite a good post from Mad mick but so hard to read.  I just chopped it into smaller chunks without touching anything else and hope the mods don't mind. Might help a few to stay with it a bit longer. 

On 25/06/2017 at 6:49 PM, Mad mick said:

"I think good move thais need a job before underpaid Burmese workers" - have you considered Thai's refuse to do the work that the Burmese will do????

Thais will not work for the minimum wage here which is just over 300 baht a day

Burmese, Lao, Cambodian and northern hill tribes work for less than the minimum wage and are exploited by employers both Thai and farang until they find a employer who will register them and pay a decent days wage for a decent days work