Mens dress sense

superal

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

This shirt hanging out nonsense started around 10 years and was simply fat geezers who could cover their guts up.

Its scruffy, untidy and looks awful especially if you're tall. Only way to conform is to get fitted T shirts which end at jeans top or whatever you're wearing below. That way you dont look out of turn.

I will add just one point......when you see golfers on the tv do they look smart or what with polos and chinos on all tucked in or do they look stupid  ??  Answers not require.

Get "fitted" T shirts ????  :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I was always under the impression that a teachers looks and dress was more important

than his ability to teach here in Thailand. 

I thought that was a very odd thing to say.

1 hour ago, peterb17 said:

Crocs! Maybe you don't subscribe to the old saying- you can always tell a man by his shoes. 

:cheesy::cheesy: Nope, I don't :cheesy::cheesy:

13 minutes ago, Dap said:

Are you blind? Of course adult men wear shorts in public ...

all over the world. Well maybe not in the arctic :)

Actualy i have worn shorts in the the artic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Clothes make the man. The phraseclothes make the man is a proverb that means that people are judged according to the way they are dressed.

IMG_20170624_145618.jpg

My good man, it's 'manners maketh man'.

Dress sense is (albeit lacking in society today) something every well-to-do person understands by instinct.

There are however, notable exceptions. A girlfriend of mine used to work in Harrods, Knightsbridge.

The rule there is that elderly ladies or gentlemen, however badly dressed, should be accorded respect. Knightsbridge is well-known for eccentric millionaires and Harrods always needs to 'make a sale' (bloody Egyptians).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tofer said:

What looks stupid is an oversized 'T' shirt hanging below you're a..e.

Dress shorts tucked in, beach / pool shorts out if not ridiculously long.

You forgot the tie or cravat. What about the sox suspenders. :cheesy:

40 minutes ago, Tofer said:

When I worked in Scotland a colleague told me kilts are sized so that when you are on your hands and knees p.....d, you don't drag the hem in the swill....

Same applies to shorts, knee length chaps, no longer and not much shorter in the street.

As there are lots of Scots with drink problems, I could believe that, same applies to guys in shorts.:cheesy:

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Bah, the Arctic is for whimps. Now the Antarctic, there's cold. Good job I had my Harris Tweeds is all I can say.

And, SHORTS, even in the Arctic, is bad form. Shorts are explicitly for PE, sports day and rugger.

10 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

And I applaud your dress sense as I'm gonna' guess the shorts were comfortable. Good on ya' mate. :)

4 minutes ago, grollies said:

Bah, the Arctic is for whimps. Now the Antarctic, there's cold. Good job I had my Harris Tweeds is all I can say.

And, SHORTS, even in the Arctic, is bad form. Shorts are explicitly for PE, sports day and rugger.

Cool to find a person who see's the humour in it all. :cheesy::cheesy:

20 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

Adult men don't wear shorts in public, except on the beach.

Rubbish.  I can't remember the last time I had long pants on.  It's hot here and it's hot all the time.  A smart person dresses with comfort, appearance, and climate in mind.  I always wear just above the knee well-tailored walking shorts (never sloppy above ankle length or, God forbid, short shorts) and a collared, light-weight material shirt--my appearance is perfectly acceptable for a tropical climate and I'm as cool as I can be in the heat.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dap said:

And I applaud your dress sense as I'm gonna' guess the shorts were comfortable. Good on ya' mate. :)

Middle of summer in the land of the midnight sun is relatively warm. Especialy when trying to dig through permafrost lol

Edited by jeab1980
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

As there are lots of Scots with drink problems, I could believe that, same applies to guys in shorts.:cheesy:

Really.

3 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Oh please well dressed gents here, everyone knows the ONLY way to look stylish and classy is with a jockstrap and sandals. 

Youve been spying on me again:passifier:

• Like 1

The socks and sandals/crocs/runners, no way if they are knee high Japanese school girl type. You need anklet things to look the part of a cool yuppy type. Contact your wife or gf for more info. 

Little stocking type things are all the go.

12 minutes ago, Dap said:

Cool to find a person who see's the humour in it all. :cheesy::cheesy:

I'm only half kidding.

I probably was the best dressed person in Pattaya yesterday. Sad but true.

• Like 1

I worked in Brunei with this guy who always wore white linen suits to work. Sure he was emulating the Great Gatsby. 

The dress code thing was something else, I had to struggle in the conservative silk baju kurongs, ( sp)  anyway. If you're a man nice type of shorts and shirt over with shoes is nice.

30 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Middle of summer in the land of the midnight sun is relatively warm. Especialy when trying to dig through permafrost lol

Yeah, but I'm guessin' the mozzies' are monsters, eh?

26 minutes ago, grollies said:

I'm only half kidding.

I probably was the best dressed person in Pattaya yesterday. Sad but true.

Yeah, but the bar ain't that high :w00t:

• Like 1