Region top choice for US, UK visitors

rooster59

13 hours ago, madmitch said:

Analyse this source information and you'll realise this whole survey means nothing. Very few Europeans come to Thailand between June and August and even fewer use the Thai version of Expedia!

yes,  Any survey can be made to get what you want. 

Looks like they are plucking data from the study:

Udon Thani and Hat Yai were up by 200 per cent in bookings from Southeast Asia markets. Phuket doubled in bookings from the Netherlands and increased by 55 per cent the demand it received from the UK. Bangkok enjoyed rise of 90 per cent in bookings from Belgium and the Netherlands and doubled the number of bookings from Brazil and France. It has seen a 135 per cent gain in visits from Spaniards.

And, Chiang Mai's increase of 500% from Somalia was astounding!

16 hours ago, captspectre said:

no, i have been in thailand for over forty years and i go to bangkok only to go to the hospital and stores, BUT I can see and I can hear, and I can smell and they are all over the place. I am in thailand because i like the people, i like their manners, i like their belief's in family, AND i like the way they enjoy themselves, i do admit to living in Isan,  

After 40 years away you might have missed that back in the UK bad behaviour is the norm these days... So many pubs need bouncers now, as the drunk women wind up the drunk men and it all goes off. Bank holidays are a nightmare.

Stay in Issan mate, internet shopping and home delivery. EMS post for the rest.

:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, captspectre said:

if the quality of british tourist is anything like the ones on sukhumvit soi four and soi cowboy, the UK is better off with them here, nasty, foul mouthed, loud and drunken! 

And you went up to every one of them did you, to determine that they were indeed British? 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Why would British and American visitors use the Thailand arm of Expedia?

I would recommend they didn't having used them myself!

Well I've booked a flight with them a few mths ago online & had no problems. Customer service very good. 

yeah, be careful reading this stuff.

aviation is booming everywhere... even in Poughkeepsie, as far as I know... but especially Asia.

and yeah, the Baht is still very cheap. 

for now. cause NOBODY knows what is next on that... not even George Soros. hee hee! I got his name in here. that'll upset somebody for sure!  George Soros?????? this is about tourism.....

yeah... and Thailand.  be hedged. be ready.

Edited by maewang99

7 hours ago, George Feedback said:

After 40 years away you might have missed that back in the UK bad behaviour is the norm these days... So many pubs need bouncers now, as the drunk women wind up the drunk men and it all goes off. Bank holidays are a nightmare.

Stay in Issan mate, internet shopping and home delivery. EMS post for the rest.

:thumbsup:

never been to the UK. never wanted to go.

12 hours ago, connda said:

The street vendors I was talking to in CM yesterday seem to think it's slow, slow, slow.  No farang come anymore.  

Nearly every Thai I speak with, that deals with tourists says the same thing. Are they making this up? I doubt it. They are not "feeling" the Chinese impact. As I said before, most are low quality tourists. Most of the wealthy Chinese demand the kinds of services that Thailand cannot provide. Perfect english speakers, great wine selection and service with knowledgeable sommeliers, luxury brand shopping at competitive prices, etc. Thailand just does not have it. And they are not moving forward, or making ANY progress in these direction. Backwards is the direction they choose to travel. When you make no progress, you usually end up going backwards. Especially when the neighboring countries are trying so hard. Tourism here is really suffering. The leaders have deliberately chosen quantity over quality, and the people are paying the price, as usual. 

On 6/24/2017 at 9:23 AM, bill59 said:

Lots of Americans on our Qatar Airlines flight last week - many more than I usually see. I find Europe a bit dangerous these days and Asia is always a welcoming place. The terrorist stuff really has Americans worried about going over to Europe. Also flights are pretty cheap right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Over six thousand have been killed by terrorists in Southern Thailand in the past few years, far more than in any 'dangerous' western country 

22 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Well I've booked a flight with them a few mths ago online & had no problems. Customer service very good. 

Try getting a refund.......

When in the UK having  lo make calls to 'Thailand', which sounded a lot like India, and being messed around from pillar to post, lied to and transferred, left on hold for ages etc etc. Very aggravating. I still use them for hotels, but will not for flights (long haul) now.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Try getting a refund.......

When in the UK having  lo make calls to 'Thailand', which sounded a lot like India, and being messed around from pillar to post, lied to and transferred, left on hold for ages etc etc. Very aggravating. I still use them for hotels, but will not for flights (long haul) now.

Yes their call centre is in India. Admittedly they do keep you on hold for a long time but calls charged local rate from Thailand.

I personally suspect it will only be a short few years before Vietnam passes Thailand as the "favored" tourist destination in South  East Asia.

The greedy Thais are quickly "Killing the Golden Goose" of tourism  here in Thailand.

Go there (Vietnam), and see what I mean.

I 've been there 3 times in the last 5 years, but I live in Thailand at present.

But there are historical reasons why the "Chinese tourist" is not favored in Vietnam due to their centuries of Chinese attempts  at dominance in Vietnam (then referred to as  Assam) not to mention the years of the French and American independence conflicts.

The new generation, however, doesn't care about that.

More than half the population now was born after "liberation" in 1975.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
added a coment