''high Season'' 2006.. Big Busy Or Big Bust?

Pdaz

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm must have missed the shirtless wonders.... :D Anyways who you calling old??? :D

Sorry Brit, thought you were in your mid to late sixties. :bah:

Was that a bit off base, if so , I do apologize.

How old are you then? :o

Have a nice day.

Mid 30's :D

Also, quite handsome and charming according to Lovely Cutie. :D

.. or are the bulk of the people you see in Walking St just window shopping Chinese and former soviet union types.. only looking but not spending?

"High season" with ice cold water?

Blue lipped kids shivering around the play pools that are impossible to stay in for longer than 10-15 minutes.

High season feels more like that people (from freezing places) who had paid their packaged holiday have arrived to consume them.

Ex-Soviets, Chinese (who are not allowed to keep foreign currency and have some pocket money included in their 200$ overall packages) don' spend much.

They don't take rentacars and accommodation better than "Welcome Hotel Jomtien" and similar 1000B "soviet era" venues.

Today; you will find Russians all over the Place, up to the 5 star Hotels like Royal Cliff. So the time you just found them in the 1000 Baht Hotels are gone, if you don't know, visit the lobby ore the pool of Royal Cliff, Marriot and so on, you will hear many Russians. It seams you don't go often to 4 and 5 Star Places, so how should you know?

I must admit, I don't go to any hotels in Pattaya any more. A friend from Tokyo let's me stay at his 78sqm condo, fully furnished and equipped, for 1000B a day. Just today I ended my 11 days stay there.

What I can see is that those 2 hotel towers near Pattaya Water park are catering,almost exclusively, for Russians.

If they are going to the Royal Cliff Resort or the Marriott - good for them. I would not pay that money for accommodation in Pattaya.

The Jomtien Grand Palace (the "palace" for 1100B) and similar places are full of them.

What I can see is that those 2 hotel towers near Pattaya Water park are catering,almost exclusively, for Russians.

If they are going to the Royal Cliff Resort or the Marriott - good for them. I would not pay that money for accommodation in Pattaya.

The Jomtien Grand Palace (the "palace" for 1100B) and similar places are full of them.

Can you imagine how good the Russian tourists feel to be able to freely travel the world after being trapped behind the Iron Curtain for most of their lives.

It seems that the Russians truly enjoy simple pleasures. They delight in what most of us found boring many years ago. It's a whole new world for them.

Can you imagine how good the Russian tourists feel to be able to freely travel the world after being trapped behind the Iron Curtain for most of their lives.

It seems that the Russians truly enjoy simple pleasures. They delight in what most of us found boring many years ago. It's a whole new world for them.

Ironic isn't it we ''won'' the cold war. But what spoils went to the victors? The former soviet get to travel all around the world and clog up 'our' beaches. Their corrupt businessmen get to buy our football teams and car manufaturers. Our shops are flooded with cheap nasty Chinese goods and our lap dancing establishments are full of Latvian beauties.. dunno what the world is comming to..

Just a word on the TAT claim about numbers being up 18%.

Remember this relates to the whole of 2006 (or maybe up to a given date) over the same period in 2005.

The beginning of 2005 saw the aftermath of the tsunami when numbers were well down. All Scandinavian charters stopped, many direct flights to Phuket were scrapped and a lot of tourists were scared off. Many of these were back at the start of 2006, therefore the figure could be accurate but at the same time paints a false picture.

Statistics, don't you just love 'em?

Edited by madmitch

I must admit, I don't go to any hotels in Pattaya any more. A friend from Tokyo let's me stay at his 78sqm condo, fully furnished and equipped, for 1000B a day. Just today I ended my 11 days stay there.

1000B per day Mutt. You sure that's a friend?

There's a distinct anti-Russian feel on this forum. Does anyone have any legitimate complaints, or does it just bother a lot of people to see them enjoying life.

Russkie grubiyany, netselivizovannye i vsegda na chto nibud zhaluyutsya. Is grysazi, v knyazi.

Tropo huesos.

There's a distinct anti-Russian feel on this forum. Does anyone have any legitimate complaints, or does it just bother a lot of people to see them enjoying life.

Russkie grubiyany, netselivizovannye i vsegda na chto nibud zhaluyutsya. Is grysazi, v knyazi.

Tropo huesos.

Вы - идиот. Если Вы должны написать на русском языке, то используйте распутника матери подлинника.

распутника матери подлинника.

You need to study your grammar more.

I don't NEED to study Russian grammar at all. If you know Russian you should be able to get the point.

Would you prefer it in English?

I don't NEED to study Russian grammar at all. If you know Russian you should be able to get the point.

окей, чувак! хочешь по русски побазарить? что за хуйню ты написал, какой то бред сивой кобылы!! ты сам то понял себя? какого хрена ты тут строишь из себя ебанного интеллектуала?

And I'm afraid that you do need to brush up your Russian. What you write is absolutely incorrect.

окей, чувак! хочешь по русски побазарить? что за хуйню ты написал, какой то бред сивой кобылы!! ты сам то понял себя? какого хрена ты тут строишь из себя ебанного интеллектуала?

And I'm afraid that you do need to brush up your Russian. What you write is absolutely incorrect.

And he needs to brush up on his forum rules

13) English language is the only acceptable language on thaivisa.com

Calling someone an idiot (in any language) is also contrary to the rules and spirit of this forum.

And he needs to brush up on his forum rules

13) English language is the only acceptable language on thaivisa.com

Calling someone an idiot (in any language) is also contrary to the rules and spirit of this forum.

And you need to stop acting like a moderator. If you read any of the replies here you'd realise that Blake7 is the instigator of the Russian language BS.

Blake7, your Russian is nonsense. You've obviously never studied it.

I believe the high season is busy as usual all over town. My friends and I who live here all year round, have avoided Walking Street for the last 2 weeks but we cannot help notice the increase in traffic, kamikaze farrang drivers (1st time on a motorbike no doubt), unavailability of time at our favorite massage shops, and the general less 'jai dee' warmth amongst the girls. In particular, we've all noted how much more gold the girls around town have been wearing in the last 2 weeks.

Chiang Mai is pretty close to normal high season levels right now, but I have my doubts about it lasting much longer. Was hoping to go back to normal after the flower show closes down, but recent headlines around the world about Thailand and bombings and rumors and turmoil will most likely ruin any chance of that! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I believe the high season is busy as usual all over town. My friends and I who live here all year round, have avoided Walking Street for the last 2 weeks but we cannot help notice the increase in traffic, kamikaze farrang drivers (1st time on a motorbike no doubt), unavailability of time at our favorite massage shops, and the general less 'jai dee' warmth amongst the girls. In particular, we've all noted how much more gold the girls around town have been wearing in the last 2 weeks.

Last Friday night it was quite hard to find a room in many many cheaper hotels and apartment houses. Despite this, I found the city not that crowded. Seems like more and more people get their beer in front of the Seven Eleven or at their rooms, heaven knows.

Last Friday night it was quite hard to find a room in many many cheaper hotels and apartment houses. Despite this, I found the city not that crowded. Seems like more and more people get their beer in front of the Seven Eleven or at their rooms, heaven knows.

more and more people get their beer in front of the Seven Eleven

We're been taken over by cheap charlies. :o