Share Tip !! UK Aim market

Wouldn't normally offer anything like this but if you back trawl my posts you'll see I've never done it before so will crack on. If against board policy mods knock it out

Have a look at UK Gas and Oil Investments plc and a very small tiddler in the industry listed on the aim market. In short they have been drilling in the south of the uk and last year claimed that the so called Gatwick Gusher may hold as much as 100 billion barrels of oil.

The share price last few years has been up and down like a .....well up and down. I jumped in when it dropped last month to 0.009  (nine tenths of 1 penny)

Yesterday it surged engineers having found oil leaking from fissures.  Normally level of activity daily is less than 10 million shares traded. Yesterday it was just shy of 600 million. Price ended the day at 2.03 mid price. Up 74% on yesterday open/close

Have a look do your own research. I took a nice chunk of profit but left 50% to ride and see where it goes.  Open invitation to have a look yourselves nothing more.

Edited by Chivas

now at 2.63p mid price as at time of post......around £10,000 up currently but absolutely no intention of taking it. The multi nationals will be all over this shortly after todays rns results. Its mega simple as...

closed at 2.78 mid price up 38% on the week. This will multi bag to £1 within 12-24 months as long as production starts and thats the big "if" massive oil lake down there for certain

Edited by Chivas

Hit 3.3p yesterday in midday trade before profit taking left it closed on the day at 3.1p......6 days in a row up rising over 200% since I jumped in. Dont be surprised if I post at months end that this has gone to 10p. Oil majors wll be desperate for a takeover in my opinion

Junior oil and gas and junior miners can be good fun. Definitely a speculative area. Have had a few multi-baggers in my time, as well as some that just run out of cash and get wound up. 

You really don't want to put serious money there without being very close to the company and really understanding your stuff, though. On the other hand if you put a small allocation and it goes up 10 fold you're probably not going to have  changed your life and  very significantly altered your portfolio either.  

PPPs quoted on number of barrels also really need to be taken with a large pillar of salt. Especially for 2Ps and 3Ps. There's all sorts of lovely theory and speculations out there. Just keep them in perspective and enjoy the speculative ride

Cheers

Fletch:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fletchsmile said:

Here's another just read in my inbox. If you believe their speculative buy target and it actually happens you'd quadruple your money

Solo Oil

https://www.beaufortsecurities.com/img/pdfs/research/solooil040717.pdf

Pls note I've done no research whatsoever on this and it's not my recommendation LOL

Yes Solo gets mentioned often on the ukog threads currently going

Edited by Chivas

Just had a quick look out of curiosity.

Any investor needs to watch its financing and cash resources carefully on these type of stocks. As at 31 March the cash it had available was less than its loss from operations for the previous 6 months. Not exactly healthy.

To address this:

On 19 May 2017, UKOG raised £6.5 million through the placing of 812,500,000 new ordinary shares in the Company at 0.8 pence per share.

According to the announcement there would be 3,410 mn shares in issue after this. So new shares for approx one third of the previous share cap were issued via a private placement at 0.8p. The price before that had been in the 1.2X p range. So that's a significant discount.

It would have been nice to be allowed to take on those terms if you were a shareholder at that time. But that's another of the annoying things that happen with juniors - the way they often undertake financing activities like this without allowing you to take part on the same terms.  

So watch further financing needed and the risk of share values getting diluted.

These small stocks are also often subject to pump and dump activities.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2017 at 9:38 AM, fletchsmile said:

Just had a quick look out of curiosity.

Any investor needs to watch its financing and cash resources carefully on these type of stocks. As at 31 March the cash it had available was less than its loss from operations for the previous 6 months. Not exactly healthy.

To address this:

According to the announcement there would be 3,410 mn shares in issue after this. So new shares for approx one third of the previous share cap were issued via a private placement at 0.8p. The price before that had been in the 1.2X p range. So that's a significant discount.

It would have been nice to be allowed to take on those terms if you were a shareholder at that time. But that's another of the annoying things that happen with juniors - the way they often undertake financing activities like this without allowing you to take part on the same terms.  

So watch further financing needed and the risk of share values getting diluted.

These small stocks are also often subject to pump and dump activities.

yep huge pump and dump tactics last few days.....at one point yesterday bid had dropped to 2.1p but another excellent RNS shot the bid to 3.4p in last hour of trading. I topped up at 2.3p earlier in the day and offloaded same amount 5 minutes before close at 3.3p.....completely paid for current 3 weeks in Thailand plus flights for 2 of us

I'm watching this share as well and after a week of consolidation with a new base of around 3.1p established 3 reports are due this week and dont rule out a rns at 0700 uk time today......am expecting it to reach 4p-4.2p this weeks close. Shorters seem (for now) to have moved elsewhere. Personally believe it should be banned on AIM

Mid price currently 3.225p

Edited by Cirencester

ended day at 3.6p am hoping few here bought at the original levels I tipped at. We are awaiting news on logging and onwards to test flows. Dont say I didnt shout it out if this one is 25p by Xmas  !

reputed to be one of the biggest onshore fields anywhere in the world but time will tell. Worth a few grand of anyones money to buy and hold

Closed the week at 5p dead officially a 5 bagger.... More interesting was the rise over the week without any particular RNS landing but with 3 important tests to be announced am guessing monday/tuesday for at least the 1st.....this could well be (for now) a buy the rumour sell the facts rise so if you're in keep an eye on the SP

Edited by Chivas

now 5.83 mid price......plenty of time to jump in this will be headline news over the coming months.....flow results will move this multi higher depending how good they are