Share Tip !! UK Aim market

1 hour ago, richy2201 said:

From the chat rooms, it appears it passed. Good news.

yes it passed unanimously

not a lot of action on share price although it had moved up from op pre decision currently around 8.6p

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One of my observations on these type of stocks is that your biggest gains can come at the exploration stage.

Actually converting potential reserves into real cash flows can take years. Sometimes large reserves turn out to not be commercially viable. Sometimes they run into funding difficulties. Often they will do financing deals such as placements which you can't participate in. Often larger players just buy them out.

It's fun to think of riding the whole thing thru. Very rarely someone will kick themselves for not having held the entire time though. Many cases though there were exit points that with hindsight would have been better being taken. It's a bit like Apple (OK different industry) - if someone had held from inception they would have done very very well. For every Apple though there are many others that weren't buy and hold for ever.

Africa Oil (AOI) was one of my multi baggers in this field a few years back. I took profits on most of it. I left some of the profit in for curiousity/just in case/ what some people consider a free ride. That final tranche now sits on a loss vs my average costs of ins and outs LOL

AOI also has a management team with a proven record of actually taking these tiddlers to fruition. Worth checking whether UKOG's management has this type of experience or not. The full cycle of exploration to production and profitability requires different skill sets and poses different complex problems. One of the issues AOI  had of course was the oil price. All those PPP numbers look great at a high theoretical oil price LOL

Don't know enough about UKOG to say anything either way to be honest. But I would suggest considering where you think it is in the cycle. Mindful that it's just been through an exciting exploration phase and there would be a lot of work, time and years to fully monetise it all...

Cheers

Fletch :)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw on Bloomberg this is now 4.88p

Could well be a case as mentioned in the post above, that the excitement and enthusiasm is waning after a great ride

Hopefully you guys got some nice profits and don't ride it all the way back down again (not with full amounts invested at least)

Cheers

Fletch :)

Edited by fletchsmile

• 1 month later...

On 10/17/2017 at 1:08 PM, richy2201 said:

Great RNS yesterday!  Hopefully the bottom has been seen and the rise to double figures is just around the corner.  Double figures by Christmas would be a gift in itself.....

UKOG looks to have been fading in the last few weeks. Now around 3.73 p . Often when the rumours and speculation fade and the facts come in, no matter how good the facts, a pullback comes. 

Myself I had a pleasant surprise from Serica (SQZ) another AIM listed share in oil/gas, yesterday. It was up about 140%+ as it resumed trading after being suspended while it bought assets from BP. Very hard to call where it will go from here

SQZ is up about 5 times in 1 yr making it a nice multi-bagger, YTD. 

Ideal time (with hindsight of course LOL ) to have got in was early 2015 when the price was around 3 p compared to 66.5p at yesterday's close.

Myself I bought in (and out) speculatively a couple of years before 2015. So while it's a multi-bagger for me, it's by no means the 20 plus x multi-bagger it could have been LOL. I've been riding the roller-coaster though. The main problems with this type of stock though remain unpredictability, too volatile to put large amounts in, and so the small speculative amounts I'm prepared to risk have some nice healthy gains, but never going to change my life. Fun though :) 

Good luck with UKOG. 

Edited by fletchsmile

• 1 month later...
On 01/12/2017 at 7:22 AM, fletchsmile said:

UKOG looks to have been fading in the last few weeks. Now around 3.73 p . Often when the rumours and speculation fade and the facts come in, no matter how good the facts, a pullback comes. 

Myself I had a pleasant surprise from Serica (SQZ) another AIM listed share in oil/gas, yesterday. It was up about 140%+ as it resumed trading after being suspended while it bought assets from BP. Very hard to call where it will go from here

SQZ is up about 5 times in 1 yr making it a nice multi-bagger, YTD. 

Ideal time (with hindsight of course LOL ) to have got in was early 2015 when the price was around 3 p compared to 66.5p at yesterday's close.

Myself I bought in (and out) speculatively a couple of years before 2015. So while it's a multi-bagger for me, it's by no means the 20 plus x multi-bagger it could have been LOL. I've been riding the roller-coaster though. The main problems with this type of stock though remain unpredictability, too volatile to put large amounts in, and so the small speculative amounts I'm prepared to risk have some nice healthy gains, but never going to change my life. Fun though :) 

Good luck with UKOG. 

Came looking thru the forums on here to see what ideas i could get on what others are doing in Thai and im shocked by so many forums on crypto an share trading. Defo think im doing the right thing and exiting the mkt ,have already sold down most everything and whats left will be getting it in the neck in coming weeks .

Been buying mostly wholesale thru placings on AIM which have mostly went well this past 5 yrs but liquidity is as dry as a nuns chuff . Im going to sit on hands an let this mkt crash an come in later .

Funnily i took UKOG in a few placings ,first at .38 i think but theres no way id take any David Lenigas company as a serious investment ,his companys are littered all over the place ,tho they usually do go on atleast 1 good run .

• 3 weeks later...