Parody Art Museum ... new local "cultural" attraction

Jingthing

I just heard about it. 

If you've been, here is the place to talk about it.

http://www.parodyartmuseum.com/

PARODY ART MUSEUM is a night museum designed with the topic of PARODY for the first time in the world. The
PARODY ART MUSEUM has restructured the artistic pieces with high awareness in the general public in our own
unique style based on drawings, sculptures, and video clips. We have decided to operate the museum during night 
with the idea of making the most beautiful and fun space during night in Pataya, Thailand where everyone may
spend their free time in a secure manner.

I suspect that many "native" visitors will think the imagery "cool" (as is usually the case with 3rd hand, commercial Surrealism) but with no idea of its original context.

In the same way as they regard Nazi style and imagery.

What looked like a Hitler/Norman Rockwell substitution failed to delight me.

Edited by Enoon

I suspect that many "native" visitors will think the imagery "cool" (as is usually the case with 3rd hand, commercial Surrealism) but with no idea of its original context.

In the same way as they regard Nazi style and imagery.

What looked like a Hitler/Norman Rockwell substitution failed to delight me.

That's an interesting point. Parody can't really work as parody without knowing the source.

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's an interesting point. Parody can't really work as parody without knowing the source.

As you say, some of those things might not work as "parody". There were a couple of paintings in the video for which I couldn't recognise a reference.

However, larger than life statues of fat chicks will always amuse and, of course no Pattaya show is complete without an image of Hitler.

Overall, I think it looks worth a visit. It's good to have alternatives to the "cultural" shows and animal exploitation (new tiger zoo in Jomtien <deleted> :sick:).