zanzibar

• 1 year later...
Guest Reimar

Check with CAT-HiNet for the Premium Package G.HDSL

Connection: 2/2 Mbps

Cost per month: 2,850.-

1. ฟรี ค่าติดตั้ง, ค่าลงทะเบียน

2. ฟรี E-mail 1 Account (20MB)

3. ฟรี บริการ CAT4SMS 3 เดือน(30 ข้อความ/เดือน)

4. ค่าเช่า Modem G.SHDSL Modem ในราคาปกติ 500.-

จากปกติ 700.-

5. ฟรี ค่าใช้บริการเดือนที่ 13*

You can go to the Website here: http://www.cat.net.th/hinet/promotion.html

May you ask the User and Mod Monty for more info because he use this service in Pattaya.

Cheers.

Yep, I'm using CAT in several locations in Pattaya.

They are not perfect, but probably the better of a bad lot :o

Speeds are relative stable, and ping times (latency) is very good. Thaivisa (Singapore server) pings between 60 and 70 msec, American based servers between 250 and 300 msec, while since recently European servers come through in under 300 msec as well.

Access to European servers used to get routed over the USA, but now they seem to get routed directly resulting in lower ping times. Occasionally we still go through the USA which results in ping times of between 400 and 500 msec.

Speeds are relatively stable, using a download accelerator, speeds are pretty much pegged at a tad over 200 kbps, or the equivalent of 1.6mbps (80% of rated speed)

Yep, I'm using CAT in several locations in Pattaya.

Speeds are relative stable, and ping times (latency) is very good. Thaivisa (Singapore server) pings between 60 and 70 msec, American based servers between 250 and 300 msec, while since recently European servers come through in under 300 msec as well.

Access to European servers used to get routed over the USA, but now they seem to get routed directly resulting in lower ping times. Occasionally we still go through the USA which results in ping times of between 400 and 500 msec.

Can you tell me is there major changes in stability during peak hours, holidays, rain, etc. or does CAT telecom line work even under these "harsh" circumstances?

Also, do you use this:

Premium Package G.HDSL

Connection: 2/2 Mbps

Cost per month: 2,850.-

mentioned by Reimar earlier in this topic, or do you have experiences from some other(s) CAT HiNet packages? Low latency is the main factor for me, not the speed.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Maybe CAT HiNet is great but their have limited presence in Pattaya. In my case I live in the end of Jomtien beach road while they can only provide their service no far then the police box.

So I'll try TOT SME next month. Prices are higher but I hope there is a better chance to get a better latency.