Avocados: Love them but can't seem to select them.

connda

On 6/26/2017 at 10:14 AM, bkk6060 said:

Has anyone every been to a Mexican restaurant in CM or for that matter anywhere in Thailand that has fresh Guacamole?  Many have it on the menu but I have never found it available always get the ¨not have¨.  

Try salsa kitchen on huay kaew road, opposite the shell station that is 200m up from kad suan kaew in the direction of MAYA.

Sometimes they have, sometimes they don't.

On 6/26/2017 at 3:14 PM, bkk6060 said:

Has anyone every been to a Mexican restaurant in CM or for that matter anywhere in Thailand that has fresh Guacamole?  Many have it on the menu but I have never found it available always get the ¨not have¨.  

Used to get it at Miguels quite often, have not tried lately.  Seasonal but now available most of the year.  I'd bet they have it now.

On June 26, 2017 at 1:14 AM, bkk6060 said:

They have it a lot during the season. However, the secret ingredient that gives it taste is mayonnaise, so not that healthy fat that you get in Australia and the US - better than no guacamole at all though.  

For anyone interested, I just noticed a newly arrived large bag of avo's for sale at Gekko Garden..., 45bt per kg. About 5 per kg.
Not the small ones..., but not the really large ones either..., smooth skin variety.
They look pretty good to me..., but I didn't cop a feel of them.

Edited by Sandy Freckle