Visa run to Yangon. Interrogation at Don Muang

I think the number of Visa types and entries is the problem, not the women.  Gone are the days of freely allowed comings and goings to Thailand - including the old 'Visa runs'.  There has been a clampdown and it aint gonna stop - they are trying to get rid of all the 'bad guys'.  They see anyone who does multiple ins/outs without a longer term Visa like retirement/marriage, as a dubious 'person of interest'.

Obviously not over 50 so Retirement Visa out, as is Marriage Visa, but maybe try to get another longer term Visa approved next time - ask Ubon Joe what you could get.  Then if you want to stay longer, get extension of your permission to stay, plus before each time you leave get a permission to re-enter.  Many blokes are on one 12 month non-immigrant Visa, and then they extend their permission to stay each year. I did that for 3 years after the initial 12 months expired - never a problem.

That a boy. Had his onward ticket ready to show. Don't suppose they asked to see anything about where he lived or money in hand. I guess the 20000 baht in hand is only needed if you are attempting a 30 day exempt entry but not if u have a SETV?

Just came back from Yangoon to D.M. as well, holding a Non B multiple entry with WP.

No questions asked at all. And you must have missed out something in Yangoon, I spent 5 days and couldn't even see all what I would have liked to see.

• Like 1

I see this "Do you have a tgf?" question popping up a lot. How exactly is that either appropriate other relevant to an I/O? Are they implying if you have someone supporting you then you might not be working?  When is it gonna sink in that 50 is a random made up number to be retired at.  I retired under 50 am I sure many others have. The age requirement is total BS. I retired under 50 and have income enough to live and can prove it. That's all they should need to know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

"they are trying to get rid of all the 'bad guys"

Fine. Just get them to bring a clean police report from home country, go to Immigration, pay a coupla grand, 60 days, Bobs yer uncle.

Cut out the land or air visa runs that clog the roads and airports, kill some, injure more - & fill the sky with CO2 -

• Like 1

So what is the point of your ramblings

You went , got your visa & returned  successfully after  being asked (as they have every right to do) why u come Thailand so much. Stop bagging Immigration who are doing their job & checking u are not working here

• Like 2

Nothing to see in Yangon? Just a few not so  pretty ladies of the night. "Never had a problem with a male IO, but was given a difficult time by three different female officers...draw your own conclusions!"

yep, I've drawn my own conclusions and like those ladies of the night...they're not pretty

Edited by Fairynuff

Note that as you do not have a new-visa for Myanmar - where would you have had to fly if they had denied entry?

It appears that Airports are out for anyone who stays here over 180 days a year - or who has ever done so in the past (see the fellow harassed flying in from Vietnam after 7 months out) even if using Tourist Visas and carrying the required cash.  I am glad none of the other border crossings except for Poipet/Aranya are doing this - and now we know why Poipet/Aranya lie and say "you must come back by air" even when entering with a visa (multiple-non-o or tourist).  It's a setup to their buddies at the airport, where you cannot just walk away.  

It is as if they don't want you to be:

• Aware that other border-crossings are not a problem (yet).
  • Able to "escape punishment" by going back to Cambodia or other border-countries that will welcome you and your foreign-sourced funds.

9 hours ago, London Boy said:

My saving grace was I had a flight out to New Zealand within 60 days. ... She also told me I shouldn’t be spending more than 180 days in a calendar year in Thailand and if I return again this year, I’ll be flagged in the system and refused entry.

You are not required to have a flight out when entering with a Tourist Visa.  They could change that rule with a ministerial-order, but they haven't.  If they did, people could be prepared.  It seems to me, they don't want people to be prepared.  We only know about this non-rule's existence from reports here.

There is also no "180 day rule."   Again, those in charge could make such a rule, publish it, and everyone would know.  This seems to be the thing the anti-farang cabal-IOs say, when they cannot apply the "20K must be in cash" non-rule (plastic should be accepted, per airline rules) or (now) the new "must have flight out with tourist visa" non-existent rule.  When all else fails, make up something else.

9 hours ago, London Boy said:

I had printed bank statements as well, but wasn’t asked for them

So, they did not ask about the only thing that ACTUALLY MATTERS (other than if you were a national-security threat - obviously not) - "How can you afford to do this?"  

That would be a reasonable question, and one you were even prepared for - though, again, they need to Publish A Rule if this will ever be needed - like, "If staying in Thailand over 180 days per-year, you will need to show a bank-statement showing funds over XXXX Baht."

It is as unprofessional / inconsiderate / evil to make up rules that don't exist and turn people's world upside-down based on them - when those in charge could create and publish whatever rules they want, and THEN enforce them.  It would be no one's place to complain if they did - except the Thais impoverished by  foolish-rules, of course.

Edited by JackThompson

6 hours ago, Deli said:

Just came back from Yangoon to D.M. as well, holding a Non B multiple entry with WP.

No questions asked at all. And you must have missed out something in Yangoon, I spent 5 days and couldn't even see all what I would have liked to see.

They are not coming for you yet.  First, they are taking out the "low hanging fruit" on Tourist-Visas, then the rest of the Farangs can be targeted, one group at a time.

And to those who say this treatment at the airport is a "good thing" - remember the famous line, "I didn't speak up when they came for the trade-unionists ... and then there was no one left to speak for me."